Ren and Stimpy

Liked Posts:
I can't believe its 26 years old. Huge fan of the show growing up, but man it sure hasn't aged well.

Anyone else a fan?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember seeing a clip of the Howard Stern show where they had the creator of Ren and Stimpy on, John Kricfalusi, along with the guy that does the voice of Ren and Stimpy, Billy West.

John K was the original voice of Ren, and he just hired West to do the voice of Stimpy. Early on in the show, there were creative differences between John K and the network. So much so that John K pulled the plug on the show and urged his crew to follow him. Instead, Billy West decided to stay on and they had him do both voices.

So there is a big rift between the 2 as the actual creator of the show got kicked to the curb while the guy he hired to give him a hand became tremendously successful off of his idea.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah...John Kricfalusi has made quite the career out of being fired by four or five networks by now.

There is a very menacing tone to his stuff that just never sat well with anyone that hired him to do children's programming.

He did great revamps of "Mighty Mouse" and "Beany & Cecil" in the 80"s, but the Creator of Beany & Cecil hated it and Mighty Mouse got canned amid controversy over a scene where MM "sniffs ground up rose petals".

That first slew of Ren & Stimpy episodes are great, but minus John K...it got stale quick.

One of his crew that did leave Ren & Stimpy went on to make another great 90s cartoon called "2 Stupid Dogs". Believe John K got in on a couple of episodes too.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I preferred The Tick.
10448976_2.jpg

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ren and Stimpy was one of my favorites from back then. Courage the Cowardly Dog. Doug. Pinky and the Brain. Speed Racer. Man there were a lot of old cartoons that bring back a lot of memories.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I can't believe its 26 years old. Huge fan of the show growing up, but man it sure hasn't aged well.

Anyone else a fan?

Flying butt pliers... Powdered toast man... "would you happen to have a rubber Walrus protector?"

"...No sir- I didn't like it."

Great show.

Nowadays, My favorite insane cartoon is Rick and Morty. Friggin outstanding.

Had me laughing my ass off episode one.

[video=youtube_share;2_lrLli7WI8]https://youtu.be/2_lrLli7WI8[/video]

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Flying butt pliers... Powdered toast man... "would you happen to have a rubber Walrus protector?"

"...No sir- I didn't like it."

Great show.

Nowadays, My favorite insane cartoon is Rick and Morty. Friggin outstanding.

Had me laughing my ass off episode one.

Did season 3 start back up yet?

[video=youtube_share;9Nc7SD5Bvaw]https://youtu.be/9Nc7SD5Bvaw[/video]

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did season 3 start back up yet?

Adult Swim already leaked the first episode of Season Three the first week of April, but I don't think the season actually premieres till the end of the summer.

(Their April Fools Prank was replacing the entire night's line up with that single episode playing all night)

Huge fan of the show. Rick Sanchez may be my favorite lead character currently on television. Should give the show its own thread when I know the date Season Three starts.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Adult Swim already leaked the first episode of Season Three the first week of April, but I don't think the season actually premieres till the end of the summer.

(Their April Fools Prank was replacing the entire night's line up with that single episode playing all night)

Huge fan of the show. Rick Sanchez may be my favorite lead character currently on television. Should give the show its own thread when I know the date Season Three starts.

The only character better than Rick Sanchez is tiny Rick Sanchez.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
July 30th

[video=youtube_share;DeAw6aXHzcY]https://youtu.be/DeAw6aXHzcY[/video]