Report: Bears could trade #1 pick for 3rd #2 WR

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
It sounds like a guy coming up with talking points in January and in no way is it a rumor generated by the Colts management

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean, it says "(Rumor)" in the title so I don't see how this is click bait. The editorial conveys the author's opinion, provides the source of the rumor, and then gives some examples of the polarized public opinion. What else are you guys expecting during the Bears' offseason? It's meant to spark discussion on a forum which is basically the entire purpose of these boards.

Personally, I too would prefer Quentin Nelson over Pittman and do have concerns that we'd could be giving up too much for another #2 receiver. Though after Poles' press conference, I could see him potentially doing this. IIRC, when asked about needing a #1 WR, he didn't seem too onboard with that idea and alluded to the fact that he believes you can have a potent NFL offense with a committee of good, not necessarily great, WRs.

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean, it says "(Rumor)" in the title so I don't see how this is click bait. The editorial conveys the author's opinion, provides the source of the rumor, and then gives some examples of the polarized public opinion. What else are you guys expecting during the Bears' offseason? It's meant to spark discussion on a forum which is basically the entire purpose of these boards.

Personally, I too would prefer Quentin Nelson over Pittman and do have concerns that we'd could be giving up too much for another #2 receiver. Though after Poles' press conference, I could see him potentially doing this. IIRC, when asked about needing a #1 WR, he didn't seem too onboard with that idea and alluded to the fact that he believes you can have a potent NFL offense with a committee of good, not necessarily great, WRs.
Stop being a voice of reason in a land where snowflakes are plenty.

napo55

Liked Posts:

Based on the WRs he's brought in, Poles is in no position to pretend he know what he's talking about. Does anybody still have confidence in Poles?

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Based on the WRs he's brought in, Poles is in no position to pretend he know what he's talking about. Does anybody still have confidence in Poles?
His wide receiver picks/trades/signings thus far do leave a lot to be desired. TBF the Bears have been horrific historically at drafting wide receivers (and likely their historic and habitual ineptitude at QB plays a role too). Wasn't Alson Jeffery (Jefferies) the last and best drafted WR by the Bears? Johnny Knox was decent until his terrible injury (though hardly a #1). I guess we always have the true #1 WR drafted by the Bears (and potential hall of famer): Devin Hester! ?

mecha

Liked Posts:
His wide receiver picks/trades/signings thus far do leave a lot to be desired. TBF the Bears have been horrific historically at drafting wide receivers (and likely their historic and habitual ineptitude at QB plays a role too). Wasn't Alson Jeffery (Jefferies) the last and best drafted WR by the Bears? Johnny Knox was decent until his terrible injury (though hardly a #1). I guess we always have the true #1 WR drafted by the Bears (and potential hall of famer): Devin Hester! ?
Jeffery was a complete receiver. Knox was a smurf that got beaten or slipped and fell every snap but periodically with his speed could land deep catches. Hester was a tremendous player, just not in that role (another smurf)

Berrian should be in the discussion, even though he was a one trick pony like Knox that just ran fast and caught deep passes. he didn't get molested by DBs every snap however.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Seattle is thinking of moving away from Geno at QB.....I would be interested in a package of picks along with DK Metcalf.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kaplan speculates and it grows wings with 1/2 dozen others running with it. I believe the Colts will be strong players to move for their guy but the rest is opinion.

Rumor is Ballard loves Levis but does he even need to move for Will. Will Levis show enough at his Pro Day and/or interview well? Way early for this sort of speculation.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Kaplan speculates and it grows wings with 1/2 dozen others running with it. I believe the Colts will be strong players to move for their guy but the rest is opinion.

Rumor is Ballard loves Levis but does he even need to move for Will. Will Levis show enough at his Pro Day and/or interview well? Way early for this sort of speculation.
It will depend on weather he thinks another team also is in love with Levis enough to jump them and trade with the bears