Report: Bears offer OC job to Packers QB coach Luke Getsy

Toast88

Liked Posts:
GM has never been a GM or assistant GM.

Head coach has never been a head coach at any level.

OC has never been an OC.

This is either one hell of a ballsy beginning to unlikely success (in which case, kudos to the Bears), or this will fail spectacularly.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
are you all missing the obvious here? this strategically negatively impacts the Packers too.

also this... it just means the Browns were a deplorable organization. (take note of this point) they played musical chairs with quarterbacks and coaches and notoriously wasted MANY high first round draft picks for over a decade. Tannehill finally had a glimmer of success... it's cause he wasn't playing for the Dolphins anymore or ever for the Browns.

back to the point, there's a reason every quarterback the Bears fielded under Nagy performed roughly the exact same. I'll let you figure it out, it's obvious.

It's because they were all bad quarterbacks.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So we hired a defensive coach who hadn't yet secured his OC when we have a young QB who should be the priority of this franchise....
Sorry, but my first impression of all this leaves me scratching my head....are we winging it?
Are you saying he should have had a guy, currently employed elsewhere , committed to being his OC and willing to immediately announce it before he was a HC?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So my take away from this thread is that:
1) Coyoteland Mike is a worse version of Gatorland Mike,

and that

2) @run and shoot has/had no idea what the difference between an RPO and an RO offense is but he now is desperately trying to make his original ignorance of the subject less obvious by slowly backtracking about said ignorant statement about Fields potential injury from running more in an RPO offense.

Two new knowledge sets from one thread is pretty productive actually.

Oh, also that the Beach Boys were sing about women from Arizona when they said, "I wish they all could be California girls."

So three, three new knowledge sets. Wow!!

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought u were familiar with who they were interviewing for the OC job. Here's what I've heard
Kevin Patullo>>>> #65 and Mike Kafka View attachment 17227
I like Getsy better than either of those guys. Everywhere he’s been the offense has improved. The players themselves are coming out saying they owe him credit for their development and the way that he coaches is telling.

Aaron Rodgers is probably the best quarterback in the league currently and said that Getsy improved his game to the next level. Davante Adams probably the best wide receiver in the game says Getsy is the one who developed him. Corey Davis went from a unknown to elite talent and credits it to Getsy.

So if he’s improved the best quarterback in the NFL and also developed the best wide receiver in the NFL I think that’s prof that he knows how to coach up players.

There are multiple articles that players single him out and credit him for their development. There should be no question in your mind that the guy can get the most out of his players. His style of office is what would help Justin fields progress.

Do you honestly believe Pep fucking Hamilton is a guy who developed Andrew luck, or was he just there when Luck was drafted? Do you have any articles that says pep Hamilton actually developed these players? Can you show me any before and after results?

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
GM has never been a GM or assistant GM.

Head coach has never been a head coach at any level.

OC has never been an OC.

This is either one hell of a ballsy beginning to unlikely success (in which case, kudos to the Bears), or this will fail spectacularly.
It’s either Boomer bust is better than going with a guy like Quinn where you’re gonna end up missing the playoffs by one game and drafting in the 20’s Over the next three years before we realized they fucked fields up

ndgt10

Liked Posts:
So how long is he going to be mulling this offer for? A few days? Weeks?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Getsy is a unknown. Even if he has success as an OC, it’s realistically going to be 3 seasons before he even gets a sniff of a HC opportunity. That’s a lot of time to solidify the offense and a succession plan.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I like Getsy better than either of those guys. Everywhere he’s been the offense has improved. The players themselves are coming out saying they owe him credit for their development and the way that he coaches is telling.

Aaron Rodgers is probably the best quarterback in the league currently and said that Getsy improved his game to the next level. Davante Adams probably the best wide receiver in the game says Getsy is the one who developed him. Corey Davis went from a unknown to elite talent and credits it to Getsy.

So if he’s improved the best quarterback in the NFL and also developed the best wide receiver in the NFL I think that’s prof that he knows how to coach up players.

There are multiple articles that players single him out and credit him for their development. There should be no question in your mind that the guy can get the most out of his players. His style of office is what would help Justin fields progress.

Do you honestly believe Pep fucking Hamilton is a guy who developed Andrew luck, or was he just there when Luck was drafted? Do you have any articles that says pep Hamilton actually developed these players? Can you show me any before and after results?

“I love Pep. I've been with Pep for a long time, since back in college, I feel like I've grown a lot under him as a player. He's a heck of a coach, heck of a guy. Great family, so it's tough,” Luck said.

You cant give credit to Getsy for helping old ass Rodgers then downplay that Pep had been helping Luck since college. People can have their preferences but it is just dumb to try and shit on someome for the very same thing you praise another guy for.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Getsy is a unknown. Even if he has success as an OC, it’s realistically going to be 3 seasons before he even gets a sniff of a HC opportunity. That’s a lot of time to solidify the offense and a succession plan.
He had a HC interview this year. If he does well he'd at the very least have interviews next year

Visionman

Liked Posts:
He had a HC interview this year. If he does well he'd at the very least have interviews next year
Possibly. But Leftwich didn’t get it, even after winning a SB. Moore isn’t getting one, even after a couple seasons of running a good offense.

His interview was only with Denver. Whatever reason they had, the other HC needy teams didn’t seem to share it. Most want young guys, but that have done it as a coordinator for a few years at minimum.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not so sure about that he already had and coaching interviews this year. If he can fix the Chicago Bears offense That has been broken for 100 years then I think he’s gonna get instant attention.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Google it all the cali girls come here cuz az cheap and I’m thankful for that. It’s like your cheap cigarette cheap gas firework Indiana asshole. Ain’t no crazy Kaplan but your bitch on my dick.

edit: actually liked anytime like ten years ago good dude I think he might be doing drugs now

double edit: see I’m no better than you or anyone and I apologize for it. Let’s stay on topic love big titty goth girls # hot topic

You must love meth junkies cause Phoenix has alot of them