Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Getsy is still in the running for HC in Denver so won't accept anything until he knows he's out there. It's speculated that Denver has narrowed it down to 3 he isn't a part of but we can't be certain of that.

Edit: Oops :whistle:

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Getsy must have turned it down.
You may be correct or he's still considering it but he was/maybe is a Denver candidate.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Getsy could not have been offered the job as Rooney rule would not have been met until today.

Even if they did interview Pep yesterday, you have to interview 2 minorities hence why they are interviewing Sanjay Lal today.

If Leftwich ends up not keeping Lal he could also possibly come here as the WR coach as well.

Last edited:

Rise

Liked Posts:
Getsy is coming. I’ll be shocked if he stays in Green Bay, the rats are jumping off that sinking ship. I’m sure his wife will welcome the big raise and to get the hell out of that dump of a town lol. If you weren’t born up there, no way would you like living there.

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:
And according to this source Hackett wanted him to be his OC in Den. An offensive minded head coaching candidate wanting someone as their OC must mean something?

And the fact that The Broncos gave him an HC interview says something about their belief in his coaching abilities in some capacity? Teams don't interview every Joe Schmo.

Did it mean something for Mark Helfrich?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Plus nobody has seen his development. He's played one game. How are we suppose to judge his baseline for development

True, but even so love is probably the worst first round qb prospect in like the last 5 years.

Still can't believe they picked him. If he doesn't end up at least a solid NFL starter that might be one of the worst picks in NFL history based on the roster implications it caused down the road.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
I really like this guy, but it doesn’t seem good that it’s taking him so long to accept it. I mean with the Bears he gets FULL control of the offense and pretty much guaranteed to be the next hot HC hire in the next season or two.
Really? I like the confidence.

Can't say I share it.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
The RPO seems to be misunderstood a bit...yes technically the QB can eventually run, but that can happen on any pass play.

There are two types of RPOs pre and post snap. Pre snap RPO is basically an audible.

Presnap RPOs are generally based on defenders in the box.

Postsnap RPOs are just that, depending on movement of the defenders. Yes a QB can technically be called to run, but not on every designed RPO. A coach can absolutely dictate how often plays where a running QB is a possibility.
In a pistol two back option, the run of the RPO is done by the back with the read being done by the QB during the mesh point.

There are usually two tell reads, depending on the scheme: the TE on an end or/and an LB, usually the one over the 5, 7, or 9 hole, depending on the side, obviously. The read is on them.

The QB will pull and pass if the read determines it. Again, the read is pretty standard, but it’s also relative to the scheme and side of the field.

The read option is a pure derivative of the Wishbone, by way of the Flexbone, and birthed into the Pistol. In the Pistol, the QB is one of the backs who would carry the ball, and there usually is a jet sweep to mimic the spinning QB hand off right X/FB, turn pitch left motion to the Z or y back into the turn to QB keep Pitch option right from the wishbone. It is a power scheme.

There is a wrinkle where the QB, as he’s running with the ball in front of him and the lateral Y back, can read the TE break off a block for a quick pass either over or around the free DE.

So, though a QB can scramble in any play, there’s a difference between designed QB power runs, RO and RPO complemented by play action, or vice versa.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Getsy is still in the running for HC in Denver so won't accept anything until he knows he's out there. It's speculated that Denver has narrowed it down to 3 he isn't a part of but we can't be certain of that.
Do you live under a rock? Maybe refresh your Twitter or ESPN page or something...

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
So the Bears gonna Getsy him or not?

Doesn't seem like he's jumping at the chance to work with Fields.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
So the Bears gonna Getsy him or not?

Doesn't seem like he's jumping at the chance to work with Fields.
Patience. His entire NFL career has been in GB. Probably asking them to match the offer, which includes some form of playcalling. If not, he accepts here.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Patience. His entire NFL career has been in GB. Probably asking them to match the offer, which includes some form of playcalling. If not, he accepts here.

I think it’s just cause of the Rooney rule that’s why they grabbed this jags wr coach. At least I hope so.