Report: Bears offer OC job to Packers QB coach Luke Getsy

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
We're not talking "next logical step is OC?".

how does this guy translate as a pro, play-calling OC, who has Qb development skills?

Bigger question.....could we have found someone better?
You tell me if the Bears have could have found someone better, and name names. I really don't know enough to say, and I'm not dumb enough to think I know how one QB coach or whatever is going to fare compared to another one.

I liked Kevin O'Connell for this spot, btw, but I have no idea about his availability, personality etc.

I thought u were familiar with who they were interviewing for the OC job. Here's what I've heard
Kevin Patullo>>>> #65 and Mike Kafka View attachment 17227

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I live in back of the yards and curb stomp my neighbors’ dogs. I couldn’t be happier

GSHSoldier

Liked Posts:
You must have lived in a different Chicago than I do. Glad to hear you’re not angry in any way and are totally not harboring any negative emotions. Congratulations on living life to the fullest.
I worked with CMS at the Thompson center with Blagoveich fuck the spelling of his name totally ingrained with it. Shit city. He reminded me of Christmas vacation where Chevy chase’s boss was followed around by Yes men with the same gifts. I thought he was a jfk ended up on probation like me.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
He got 4 wins outta Mills. And the reviews on Mill were positive. The Texans weren't expected to do anything. Plus you know the positive work he's done with other Qb's. I know why u don't like him

Andrew Luck was terrible in 2015. He was great in 2014, and mediocre in 2013. Not sure what to make of that or what conclusions to draw. Apparently Pep developed him into a good player and then undeveloped him. Luck was much better the next two seasons after Pep left.

If Fields is going to be great, he's going to be great regardless of who is coaching him. Players aren't just raw lumps of clay waiting to be molded.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is this his fall back job? If he was offered it he should have instantly accepted. Does he want to see if he can get a different job first? I want a guy who can’t wait to coach fields.

The packers third down coach needs to think about it. Gtfo.
I like you.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Andrew Luck was terrible in 2015. He was great in 2014, and mediocre in 2013. Not sure what to make of that or what conclusions to draw. Apparently Pep developed him into a good player and then undeveloped him. Luck was much better the next two seasons after Pep left.

If Fields is going to be great, he's going to be great regardless of who is coaching him. Players aren't just raw lumps of clay waiting to be molded.

Pep was with Luck in college too. And Herbert. But I don't think this gotcha'......I mean getsy guy has accepted

mecha

Liked Posts:
this thread gained another 140 posts. what have you all learned thus far? is this guy coming to the Bears or not?

GSHSoldier

Liked Posts:
So are you 40+ and enrolled in ASU or are you some loser who still tries to get into frat parties 20 years past expiration? I remember you on Bear Report from years ago and with you being this easily triggered and referencing Tupac, i guarantee you are nothing close to college age.
I’m ten years less than that made 70 Gs a year slanging caddy’s in south Chicago before I came out here. Flipped my first house made 60 gs 9 foot pool waterfall fruit trees. Bought Amazon stock at $600 a share. I bought dominos at $16, look it up bitch. My house was 3 houses down where from Jodi arias killed that Mormon. Their god John smith was killed in Illinois, love that

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I’m ten years less than that made 70 Gs a year slanging caddy’s in south Chicago before I came out here. Flipped my first house made 60 gs 9 foot pool waterfall fruit trees. Bought Amazon stock at $600 a share. I bought dominos at $16, look it up bitch. My house was 3 houses down where from Jodi arias killed that Mormon. Their god John smith was killed in Illinois, love that
Dude...nobody cares

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He got 4 wins outta Mills. And the reviews on Mill were positive. The Texans weren't expected to do anything. Plus you know the positive work he's done with other Qb's. I know why u don't like him
what is c sucking and why is sucking c being used as an insult?

Wins arent a QB stat and Mills performance has been completely overstated by a bunch of people who most likely never even watched him play. They had multiple games without scoring a point. I dont know the positive work he's done. I know a rookie Herbert went insane with little to no time being developed. I know he worked with a once a decade prospect in Luck.

I know he did nothing with the Bears, Jets and Niners. I know that Kyle Orton was better without him. Jay Cutler was at his absolute worst with him. I know he has washed out of the league multiple times. He is a journeyman coach. If the NFL truly believes he was really good at what he does, he wouldnt keep going back to college as a positional coach or working in some bum league.

Pep Hamilton isn't anything close to good enough to be an NFL OC and he damn sure should never sniff a HC position.

Now, tell me why i don't like him. Is it the same thing i've accused you of? This seems to be going in a real original direction.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
a 30 year old bragging about ASU life. Hilarious.

This guy is a terrible blend of Ommy and Fartini.