Report: Bears offer OC job to Packers QB coach Luke Getsy

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
this guy really still talking about pep hamilton?

jesus christ let it go

Here's where it started>>>#474 Now for the record, I hadn't commented here since Feb 1st.
So I wasn't thinking about this at all. The OP brought it up. Not me

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Link the above Albert Breer quote

Funny how these conversations don't have to take place about the NBA
The Bears have been around over 100 yrs. Now....talk about so called "DIVERSITY EFFORTS " in hiring for decision making roles during that time period.
What are you even arguing? I know you have me on ignore, because you're bitchmade, so can someone else like @Bearly ask?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The Bears have been around over 100 yrs. Now....talk about so called "DIVERSITY EFFORTS " in hiring for decision making roles during that time period.
No good deed goes unpunished with you. Thanks for confirming this was always about race for you and never about those 'qualifications'.

Maybe Tanesha Wade can help you locate that quote if you're that incapable of finding it yourself.

You're insufferable.

The McCaskey's are at the forefront of getting this right and have just hired a black GM after having been one of the 1st 4 teams to ever hire a Black HC and kept him for 8 years.

"RIP Michael McCaskey!" Smith said on Twitter, in the first of three threaded tweets. "Five years before I became the head coach of the Bears, I attended an NFL Symposium to help minority assistants become head coaches. I was blessed to randomly sit at the same table as Michael.

"After I got back home, I wrote him a letter and thanked him for his words of wisdom. Five years later he offered me the Head job for the Bears! After I got to Chicago, Michael showed me the same letter that I wrote to him and recanted our conversations from the symposium.

"CAN'T THANK HIM ENOUGH FOR THE OPPORTUNITY! MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO THE MCCASKEY FAMILY FOR THEIR LOSS!"

Won't link that one for you either.

There's definitely a minority problem in corners of the NFL but when it comes to the McCaskeys, you can shove that indignation up your ass.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What are you even arguing? I know you have me on ignore, because you're bitchmade, so can someone else like @Bearly ask?
With that 100 year comment, I can only imagine that he wants the Bear to pay reparations or something like that. That they've obviously been doing what they can for at least a quarter century is upsetting him.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

No good deed goes unpunished with you. Thanks for confirming this was always about race for you and never about those 'qualifications'.

Maybe Tanesha Wade can help you locate that quote if you're that incapable of finding it yourself.

You're insufferable.

The McCaskey's are at the forefront of getting this right and have just hired a black GM after having been one of the 1st 4 teams to ever hire a Black HC and kept him for 8 years.

"RIP Michael McCaskey!" Smith said on Twitter, in the first of three threaded tweets. "Five years before I became the head coach of the Bears, I attended an NFL Symposium to help minority assistants become head coaches. I was blessed to randomly sit at the same table as Michael.

"After I got back home, I wrote him a letter and thanked him for his words of wisdom. Five years later he offered me the Head job for the Bears! After I got to Chicago, Michael showed me the same letter that I wrote to him and recanted our conversations from the symposium.

"CAN'T THANK HIM ENOUGH FOR THE OPPORTUNITY! MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO THE MCCASKEY FAMILY FOR THEIR LOSS!"

Won't link that one for you either.

There's definitely a minority problem in corners of the NFL but when it comes to the McCaskeys, you can shove that indignation up your ass.

You seem awfully angered i.e. the profanity. Thats not good for your health. And no....I'm not "upset" about anything.
I wasn't thinking about any of this until u brought all this up. And I don't know where you're getting all those comments from......why can't u just supply links so I can read the full context?

Insider Says George McCaskey May Push To Hire A Minority ...

Ok.....I don't see how my comment above translates to your projection of .........

"No good deed goes unpunished with you. Thanks for confirming this was always about race for you and never about those 'qualifications'. "

You avoided my NBA reference. ?

I dealt with the 'qualifications' situation here >>>> #459 #465 #469 I encourage u to read the links for context. We always go back to context, because you have a propensity for taking one or two comments outta context and projecting ur own preconceived notions and prejudices.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You post in a forum and don't want responses? What difference does it make if it's been a few weeks on a current topic? Context of those quotes I supplied are irrefutable. That you would need sources says more about you than me. Here's a clue. Copy and paste the quote in a google search.

WTF does the NBA have to do with the McCaskey's not hiring Pep because, you know, racists.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You post in a forum and don't want responses? What difference does it make if it's been a few weeks on a current topic? Context of those quotes I supplied are irrefutable. That you would need sources says more about you than me. Here's a clue. Copy and paste the quote in a google search.

WTF does the NBA have to do with the McCaskey's not hiring Pep because, you know, racists.

You post in a forum and don't want responses? What difference does it make if it's been a few weeks on a current topic?
I was responding to the OP about Pep.

I always post links. I never just toss out stuff without a source. But I'm suppose to go on a extensive search for your un-linked quotes. I gave u an article about the McCaskey's above maybe that's what ur talking about.
And Poles didn't realy "conduct a search". He took the 3 candidates given by theMcCaskey's and for some reason they went with eberflus. I brought up the NBA cuz it fit the "diversity" discussion. A race discussion that unfortunately comes up every NFL HC hiring cycle.

And u lied on me, I made the "qualifications" issue known here >>>> #459 #465 #469

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
See. You're still on about it and have just called Poles a liar and by omission of acknowledgement calling the McCaskey's racist's. You're such an insincere dick.

I never lied about anything. I clearly brought up your qualifications misdirection for what it is.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I havent read through this one in a while. Is Pop a squat still raging over Pep Hamilton not being hired?
dog.gif

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
And u lied on me, I made the "qualifications" issue known here >>>> #459 #465 #469
There's no misdirection. Fact is u think I don't see your redirection of your covert racism.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You step in it every time. You've also called the McCaskey's racist's by association so coming from you it's meaningless other than how it reflects back. You are now hoping Pep does better than Getsy. As a Bear fan, why would that be?

You're completely disingenuous. You contradicted this post just a few back.

This is an interesting thread where you justify Riddick's lack of experience with Mayock and Lynch's lack of previous experience. Now it's a big deal? Why the change of heart?

You're biased, period and you know what? It's actually OK if you are but you've got zero footing to be pointing fingers. It's difficult to tell if you're even aware of your overt racism but everyone here absolutely sees that it's the case, even those that may agree with some of your biased takes as I do... like in many instances it's not a level playing field in the NFL but you don't get to project that onto the McCaskeys that have proven to be unbiased for decades, because of your own inner demons.

Last edited:

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I think the NFL does the entire process backwards. They make it an emphasis to force opportunities at the highest level (HC, GM, Coordinators), but those positions should be based upon qualification and experience/results.

When a person is hired at the lower levels it is more "potential" based, and that is where bias can be more prevalent. So the NFL should have a policy focusing on making sure that the opportunity to gain experience are an emphasis.

There is no perfect answer, I know I will get crap for this..but since when did race or sex become a qualification.... If you are considering hiring anyone based upon those factors, perhaps they are underqualified.

Until we get to a point where we hire a person based upon qualifications or potential and race is NOT a consideration, we will still have a race issue.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
I think the NFL does the entire process backwards. They make it an emphasis to force opportunities at the highest level (HC, GM, Coordinators), but those positions should be based upon qualification and experience/results.

When a person is hired at the lower levels it is more "potential" based, and that is where bias can be more prevalent. So the NFL should have a policy focusing on making sure that the opportunity to gain experience are an emphasis.

There is no perfect answer, I know I will get crap for this..but since when did race or sex become a qualification.... If you are considering hiring anyone based upon those factors, perhaps they are underqualified.

Until we get to a point where we hire a person based upon qualifications or potential and race is NOT a consideration, we will still have a race issue.
That is why affirmative action exists. Because the most qualified are often looked over because of the color of their skin. The science shows that white people will constantly pass over people of color because they don't relate culturally to them, and it is seen as a negative in the hiring process, even when the person is more qualified.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That is why affirmative action exists. Because the most qualified are often looked over because of the color of their skin. The science shows that white people will constantly pass over people of color because they don't relate culturally to them, and it is seen as a negative in the hiring process, even when the person is more qualified.
Absolutely a genuine issue but can you specifically point that finger at the Bear like a poster here is doing by implication?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Link.....#495

Some will avoid telling and showing the full truth in link >>>>#62
Not sure what this proves>> #1 Does it mean somethings wrong with Dejo's opinion and anyone who
can see some of his points?

And only tag when convenient, so as to covertly avoid a direct honest discussion. Just throw a indirect, covert comment out there vs responding directing. There's the that word again covert.

@Bearly

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

You make some good points. Unfortunately, in the NFL we seem to go through these uncomfortable discussions every
HC hiring cycle. There's obviously a (qualification and experience/results.) problem in the hiring for decision making positions.

Sometimes I hear "we want to see HC exp. in a coach". Then a person without HC exp. gets hired.
I hear "we want someone with play calling exp". Then a person without play calling exp gets hired. I hear "we want a offensive-minded HC". Then they hire a defensive-minded person. ?

Good points. We obviously need a fairer more defined process to make sure qualified ppl aren't passed over for less
qualified ppl . Maybe the NFL should look at and or learn from the NBA. I rarely hear unfavorable "hiring practice"
discussions on a yearly basis coming from the NBA.

I just hope we can get to a point where these uncomfortable, NFL fair hiring conversations don't have to take place to in future.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
R&S is PMing me every day on this. I won't post his without permission but I've asked.

I'll copy and paste this to him as well.

You get owned so now you need to do this. Who doesn't want a level playing field?.. but accusing the McCaskeys of not playing on one is a fools errand and you fit the profile.

Everyone here is aware of your lack of perspective on the matter and no one is debating that it's still a serious issue in this country, or at least I'm not. You're just too biased for balance on the topic. I can understand that to a certain extent but you don't get to imply the McCaskeys are racists when everything they've said and done for decades indicates otherwise. The amount of indignation you exhibited over Hamilton was comical and the alternate reasonings you use depending on which candidate is available for which gig are counterintuitive to each other.

I post that the McCaskeys have exhibited behavior that would indicate they are not racist but that you do by not being able to remove that lens and your response is, no I'm not, you are. Brilliant stuff.

Please give me permission to post the PMs or STFU already. You ran into this thread and shit all over it... as usual.

If you reply, please add at least 5 of your post #s that not one person will actually link to, LOL.

R&S is a little weasel that reports members and then denies it.

Last edited: