hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Just qualify him @the 1.1M necessary to keep his RFA rights knowing he won't sign the offer(which he wouldn't)therefore using no cap space to do so. Would those rights have value to Detroit and even a 3rd or 4th helps.

Hawks are at zero space until they can use Shaw's money so I don't know how they re-sign Hagel regardless now.
Is there anything about DeHaan being moved and or Strome?

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is there anything about DeHaan being moved and or Strome?
We got a firm grip on deHAAH-job and I guess Strome is staying after dumping Suter and Kampf but who know the genius' next move my friend.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Just qualify him @the 1.1M necessary to keep his RFA rights knowing he won't sign the offer(which he wouldn't)therefore using no cap space to do so. Would those rights have value to Detroit and even a 3rd or 4th helps.

Hawks are at zero space until they can use Shaw's money so I don't know how they re-sign Hagel regardless now.
I don't know, just seems like a lot of trouble just for a 3rd/4th round pick. And what if he does sign? Then you're really effed. It was the only way for Stan to truly keep his options open.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
True, but that's easy to say in hindsight. I don't think anyone saw him getting 3.25 million per.
He can probably put up over 20 goals in a full season. He struggled in the second half of the season, but Kane only had 2 goals in that span too. Kubalik and Dabrincat were the only consistent scorers through the whole season.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't know, just seems like a lot of trouble just for a 3rd/4th round pick. And what if he does sign? Then you're really effed. It was the only way for Stan to truly keep his options open.
I guess but I saw a player who was worth his QO last year and 3rd's and 4th's matter.

Granada

Liked Posts:
He can probably put up over 20 goals in a full season. He struggled in the second half of the season, but Kane only had 2 goals in that span too. Kubalik and Dabrincat were the only consistent scorers through the whole season.
Maybe -- that's certainly the ideal. Then again, he could also very well devolve, who knows. That's the thing with pretty much all our rookies from last year -- Mitchell, Suter, Kurashev, Lankinen -- they all looked stellar for about the same stretch of time and then reverted back to rookies, so it's tough to say either way.

SkyKing

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Although there was some press about the Hawks trading MAF to Pitt but I also read that if Pitt would have wanted him back for nothing, Vegas could have just as easily sent him there and not have to involve Chicago. It gets me thinking that maybe Pitt would have wanted something else with MAF but Bowman, not wanting anyone, was Vegas' best deal. Makes "Bowman sense" to me.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Although there was some press about the Hawks trading MAF to Pitt but I also read that if Pitt would have wanted him back for nothing, Vegas could have just as easily sent him there and not have to involve Chicago. It gets me thinking that maybe Pitt would have wanted something else with MAF but Bowman, not wanting anyone, was Vegas' best deal. Makes "Bowman sense" to me.

You watch too much Fox News bruh

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe -- that's certainly the ideal. Then again, he could also very well devolve, who knows. That's the thing with pretty much all our rookies from last year -- Mitchell, Suter, Kurashev, Lankinen -- they all looked stellar for about the same stretch of time and then reverted back to rookies, so it's tough to say either way.

Makes you wonder about the coaching......

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One thing brought up on another board is chemistry. With all of the moves the team might not gel for awhile this year--if at all.
Yeah...they might not even protect their goalie if assaulted or return to 15 months ago when they were Zombies getting pounded in the ass.

Eye roll.

I mean "the captain" stayed home to scratch his scabbie balls last year...smells like buy in to me.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm surprised Martini had multiple orgasms over Tyler Johnson.

I mean...he did have a mini resurgence with the shortened seasons but this is an older player, in the mini-me format.

No Shaw, no Hino, no Suter, no nut sack....makes plenty of room for Johnson.

Come on down...but multiple orgasms? Really?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And notice Vegas transitioned seamlessly to their next franchise goalie.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll be the first to point out that James "the Real Deal" Neal and MAF are true greats, and they took the least complete Vegas Knights team I have seen yet to the Stanley Cup Finals.

This MAF is no longer that MAF. Vezina or not...I have watched the decline.

Now Lehnar helped him just like Lankinen would....because he struggles with fatigue. Thats been rumored since the Murray tandem days...and he had a resurgence when Murray showed up to take some load.

I think he could give a great season or two and get flipped at the trade deadline if we aren't contenders, help Lanky with techniques and professionalism, and its a great deal whether its dead cap to use at the deadline, or whether its trade bait.

Suter to me is the big loss. Pious Suter was legit and we let him go. I'd look at the scoring draughts on other "bad" teams.

Something gave a Hawks team some of us knowledgable fans predicted for 6 wins as a challenge a chance.

Lankinen clearly was the unexpected there, but Suter was also huge in creating a competitive spark and avoid embarrassment.

I do think this all-in business can at least save the Hawks from deep embarrassment before they finally decide to cash in on there remaining assets.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
One thing brought up on another board is chemistry. With all of the moves the team might not gel for awhile this year--if at all.
Will be interesting to see how now with essentially all the core gone but Toews and Kane there's going to be kids coming up who want to be part of the new core and in order to do that they'll need to lead. But we still have the two leaders of this team there The merging of the old guard in the new guard could get ugly.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Since the Hawks have had 11 first round picks since the dimwit took over(only the last three remain today),they spent a MASSIVE amount of money two summers ago(with almost NOTHING to show for it)and they spent a MASSIVE amount of money again this summer(can you say drunken sailor)......shouldn't that result in a pretty good team next year?

As a wise man and Jack Adams finalist once said......."we'll see".

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Since the Hawks have had 11 first round picks since the dimwit took over(only the last three remain today),they spent a MASSIVE amount of money two summers ago(with almost NOTHING to show for it)and they spent a MASSIVE amount of money again this summer(can you say drunken sailor)......shouldn't that result in a pretty good team next year?

Or does the league's 5th leading scorer,it's 3rd leading goal scorer and the addition of a very good albeit very expensive D-man just lead to more no man's land?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Spending money doesn’t always equate to wins. When you spend that money on a hossa fuck yeah you will be in position to win. But how often does someone of his caliber make it to fa? We got lucky Detroit bet on franzen instead of hossa. Got to spend those cap dollars wisely something bowman hasn’t been doing.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Spending money doesn’t always equate to wins. When you spend that money on a hossa fuck yeah you will be in position to win. But how often does someone of his caliber make it to fa? We got lucky Detroit bet on franzen instead of hossa. Got to spend those cap dollars wisely something bowman hasn’t been doing.
The great Marian Hossa might have been the best FA acquisition in Chicago sports history.