Report: Blackhawks close to acquiring Marc Andre Fleury

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Guess the rebuild's complete.......that was quick.....

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not a good move for a rebuild. I think Stan is trying to go for it. If he thinks this team is anywhere near competing...even with Jones, Toews, and MAF, he needs to share the drugs he's on with the rest of us.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
I guess we'll see how good Marc Andre Fleury really is. I'm interested to see what we are giving up... Besides cap space and letting Suter walk

Granada

Liked Posts:
This move is funny to me, but I don't utterly hate it like I'm assuming many will. If it's just for one year, and Lank gets to learn from one of the best goalies out there, whatever.

Besides, Stan probably will do with Fleury exactly what he did with Lehner, which is, just flip him at the deadline (if the Hawks suck).

I'm hoping this means the end of Subban, and I'm glad for that. And even though Vegas still has Lehner, I do think this makes them weaker, because Lehner can be a headcase and if they don't have legit backup, they could be in trouble for long periods of time.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
giphy.webp

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Not a good move for a rebuild. I think Stan is trying to go for it. If he thinks this team is anywhere near competing...even with Jones, Toews, and MAF, he needs to share the drugs he's on with the rest of us.

No, he knows this roster is not competing.

He is pulling a "GarPax" which is fielding a team with no chance at competing in the playoffs but a high enough floor to win enough games for the GM to avoid getting fired.

To be fair, he is not unique in this regard, for most GMs their #1 priority is keeping their jobs, and a very distant #2 is winning.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Crow wanted 2 years, Stan says nah gonna go with the kids. Fast forward a year later Stan takes on the full 7m cap hit on Flower.
I swear Stan has no plan or vision for this franchise, just wakes up with a wild hair up his ass, and thinks yeah let’s get this guy it will totally work.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
Fleury doesn't want to play anywhere besides Vegas and might retire anyway...

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Total upgrade.

Flower is as legit as it comes.

Hawks are contenders again and thank god that trash Bustvist is off this team.

Stan found the cure for Toews new science medical condition, proven elite players

Granada

Liked Posts:
Crow wanted 2 years, Stan says nah gonna go with the kids. Fast forward a year later Stan takes on the full 7m cap hit on Flower.
I swear Stan has no plan or vision for this franchise, just wakes up with a wild hair up his ass, and thinks yeah let’s get this guy it will totally work.

I hate Stan, and love Crow, but walking away from Crow was the right move.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Fleury doesn't want to play anywhere besides Vegas and might retire anyway...

If he's going to retire anyway, then what was the point of this move for the Blackhawks? Did Stan know he was going to retire?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
This.

Although, I have no idea who the player is they sent back. So I guess that's sorta good?

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Stan's just throwing darts at the board

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
So basically it looks like Vegas didn't want to be stuck with the 7M as they try to free up space for the Eichel sweepstakes so now they have 12M free. However, MAF has a NMC that kicks in.... tomorrow. So they have an urgent need to trade him now because he said, for family reasons, he doesn't want to play anywhere but Vegas.

Stan basically trades a guy no one has heard of just to have a shot of telling MAC either you play here or you retired. At least he didn't give more than that up, but essentially he just did Vegas a favor, for the opportunity of having MAC for the hawks. Which he said he'd didn't want to leave vegas and would probably retire first.