Report: Blackhawks looking to deal Duncan Keith?

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
As I said in another post my friend,two summers ago found SB trading for Maata @4M(already retained money to make him go away)and deHAAN @4.55M(dam near untradeable and we threw in Forsling)while the Habs signed Ben Chiarot for 3.5M as an URA and Montreal was FAR from a 'go to' location at the time.
They also picked up Edmundson for a FITH round pick from the Canes last summer while we traded Saad for a Russian pylon and retained a million on top of it.

I believe they also signed Toffoli as an URA for 4.2M while we were giving up a 2nd and a 3rd for a damaged Andrew Shaw @3.9M.

Do these kind of things often enough and here we are!

We'll get to watch Chiarot and Edmundson(two big,tough bastards)in the SCF tomorrow night......Toffoli too.
I think they're both gone. According to Eklund (so take with a gigantic grain of salt, obviously), the Hawks are "in" on both Jones and Hamilton; and trading Keith frees up 12 million with Seabs' retirement. I'm not saying I believe this rumor, but it's out there.

If Bowman's track record is any indication, here's what will probably happen:

Rumored to be in on Jones/Hamilton.

Will miss on both.

Bowman: "yeah, we were really close on both; we put in great offers, it just didn't work out (like Suter and Parise)."

End game: Bowman will sign an Injury-prone retread on a cheap one year deal, who happens to be a UFA this year, like this guy:

View attachment 12461

(Disclaimer: not that I have anything against Hammer, loved the guy when he was here; just making fun of Bowman)
The Parise Suter comparison is spot on. As long as Bowman is around I set my expectations real low that way if something good transpires I can actually get excited about it.

Bust

Liked Posts:
As I said in another post my friend,two summers ago found SB trading for Maata @4M(already retained money to make him go away)and deHAAN @4.55M(dam near untradeable and we threw in Forsling)while the Habs signed Ben Chiarot for 3.5M as an URA and Montreal was FAR from a 'go to' location at the time.
They also picked up Edmundson for a FITH round pick from the Canes last summer while we traded Saad for a Russian pylon and retained a million on top of it.

I believe they also signed Toffoli as an URA for 4.2M while we were giving up a 2nd and a 3rd for a damaged Andrew Shaw @3.9M.

Do these kind of things often enough and here we are!

We'll get to watch Chiarot and Edmundson(two big,tough bastards)in the SCF tomorrow night......Toffoli too.

What's hilarious to this post is the Canadien fanbase has been hating on the roster and the gm for YEARS!, heh. And still do

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd say more than that, a pick and a prospect at least; or multiple picks. It's odd because I feel like he would net more at the deadline than he would now.
I don't think Keith runs out of belief surrounded by his teammates, focused on goals, filling needs and working toward being the best team they can be.

The deadline might be the biggest haul, but the NTC is only waivable when he is surrounded by the love and wisdom of his family.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Personally I don't think we will get better straddling Hamilton with Boqvist, Beudin, and Kalunov(or worse yet, Zadorov or Murphy, every time we let a goal I see Murphy making a soft play) and getting rid of Keith.

If we get a #1 and let Keith lead the second blue line with a pairing that compliments him in some essential way...maybe we can drum up a third pairing and have somebody step up or fit Hamilton/Jones well.

I still see Keith doing an awful lot for us. Not Hedman or old Keith level of blanking out 75% of all chances single handedly before they even develop, but he does alot.

I don't think you can just plug an all-star in and expect they will do the things Keith does. The guy is a voo doo fortress and interferes with every puck in his viscinity and is the ultimate stick poker. Maybe the best subtle poke I have ever observed in the game...he never does more than he needs to. It isn't flashy, but he has a nack for getting away with just enough and thats the kind of guy that can keep competing until he hangs them up.

Its all about how he wants to step away from the game and what he wants to get from it at this point. If thats elsewhere well fuck us its gonna hurt bad but please oblidge him and you better get a haul.

If the Avs had Lehnar and Keith they could have taken down the Lightning.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stan Bowman...

my team is a dumpster fire so I am going to get rid of the only thing keeping us from letting up 5 goals a game like Toronto or Edmonton.

There are like 5 guys in the league we could get and not miss Keith and we still wouldn't love hockey as much.

I can only assume its Keith who is ready to move on...he's worth double his cap and more than Toews and maybe more than Kane.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I'll dam near guarantee you that's the case.

Normally I'd agree Bob, but doesn't Zadorov want an insane amount of money his next contract? Like 7 million or something? Thought I read that somewhere.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What's hilarious to this post is the Canadien fanbase has been hating on the roster and the gm for YEARS!, heh. And still do
What's fucking hilarious is you can't counter a single thing I said but's it's good to know you can pull your thumb out of your ass long enough to give me thumbs down for posting FACTS. You put it back in dry?

Bust

Liked Posts:
What's fucking hilarious is you can't counter a single thing I said but's it's good to know you can pull your thumb out of your ass long enough to give me thumbs down for posting FACTS. You put it back in dry?

you actually crying over thumbs up/down here? what a tool bag,. This board is your LIFE, heh

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
you actually crying over thumbs up/down here? what a tool bag,. This board is your LIFE, heh
What a couple of message board heroes think of me won't ruin my weekend so do what you want.

The worthless GM some of you support has run this team into oblivion and I've posted example after example showing how now pull your thumb back out of your ass and tell me how the 20 million squandered two summer ago has done ANYTHING for this team.

Bust

Liked Posts:
2 thumbs down, that's got to sting for some!

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Stan Bowman...

my team is a dumpster fire so I am going to get rid of the only thing keeping us from letting up 5 goals a game like Toronto or Edmonton.

There are like 5 guys in the league we could get and not miss Keith and we still wouldn't love hockey as much.

I can only assume its Keith who is ready to move on...he's worth double his cap and more than Toews and maybe more than Kane.
Rasko losing Keith will hurt this team, he is one of the leaders and mentors of these young kids. I would certainly be fine with him moving on to a team with Stanley Cup aspiration, but Seattle and or Edmonton, Calgary or Vancouver are still years away from that cup dream. This trade request is odd, Keith is a fan favourite, Hall of famer and has left his mark in Chicago,why leave now? Or is it that bad behind close doors right now, he wants to get as far away from it as possible.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What stings is watching the 'Lucky sperm club' play house with the team I've lived and died with for over fifty years.

Now we get to enjoy Bret 'buyout' Connolly for the next two seasons @3.5M per........TF is goin on here?

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
What stings is watching the 'Lucky sperm club' play house with the team I've lived and died with for over fifty years.

Now we get to enjoy Bret 'buyout' Connolly for the next two seasons @3.5M per........TF is goin on here?
Bob, something is brewing, I just don’t get this Keith trade request. Yes it frees up cap space, but for what Zandorov or some other bottom feeder. Jones has already stated he will not sign a long term deal, so trading anyone for him would be ridiculous and Hamilton, I like the player, but he won’t help Chicago, the Hawks need defenders that can defend, not guys who spend more time in the offensive zone than the defensive zone.

Bust

Liked Posts:

Any NHL franchise that is not LA Kings, Penguins or Lightning <all holders of 2 or more championships> in the cap era would gladly switch spots and have the hawks "issues", lol.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rasko losing Keith will hurt this team, he is one of the leaders and mentors of these young kids. I would certainly be fine with him moving on to a team with Stanley Cup aspiration, but Seattle and or Edmonton, Calgary or Vancouver are still years away from that cup dream. This trade request is odd, Keith is a fan favourite, Hall of famer and has left his mark in Chicago,why leave now? Or is it that bad behind close doors right now, he wants to get as far away from it as possible.
As long as we get to keep Calvin deHaanjob as his 4.6M contract......we're all good.....LOFL!!!!

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Any NHL franchise that is not LA Kings, Penguins or Lightning <all holders of 2 or more championships> in the cap era would gladly switch spots and have the hawks "issues", lol.
We're SIX years removed from the three cups Smith and Talon built and Q coached and now with one of the worst rosters in the league but that's cool.......TF is going on here?

Joel Quenneville.........'Jack Adams' finalist. Harry Potter.......Jackoff finalist........TF is going on here?

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:

Smacks a little of a spoiled fanbase.