Report: Blackhawks looking to deal Duncan Keith?

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I dont care about the salary if it increases the haul...in fact take it.

Deal Toews to the Kraken and send Kane for Eichel and the rest of the house.

Might actually be a decent time to move on from 2010 entirely.
What does SB do with K&T's money when they're gone? More deHAANjobs for 4.6M ? More Zach Smiths for 3.5M? More critically damaged Shaws for 3.9M? More Maatas 750k retained? More Brent 'buyout' Connolly's for 3.2M? Give the Russian pylon a shit load?

Two summers ago saw 79gls and 191pts in return for the 21 million spent on K&T.later that summer saw SB squander 20 million plus on five vets.....what has that gotten the team. People can point to the Money paid Kane,Toews and Seabs and I'll point to a GM who still had over 20 million to improve a team but failed.

I hope Kane,Toews and Keith are all traded Rask......all three deserve better than the agony on tap here for years to come!

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He won't come here unless he gets paid at least. :)

Perhaps the 'hawks don't need his replacement, but until they get someone to take over his role there'll be no real moving towards improvement. Couple that with everything going on with the sexual misconduct happenings and it's a very bleak picture for the 'hawks--they are not competing for a SC anytime soon, they have no real upcoming guys on the defensive side and scrubs otherwise, they don't have a goaltender who could remotely cover the D we have (that would take someone better than Crawford--more like a Tim Thomas or a Dominic Hasek), and they're getting an nihilated in their handling of the sexual misconduct hearings--basically treating it as if they were the Catholic Church and saying, "Not our job to provide a non-hostile work environment."

Unless things turn around a 5000k or less attendance levels could once again be coming soon.
Replace Keith 'in house' and you'll see a whole new level of defensive ineptitude and that would set a good young tender like Lanks back quite a bit.....maybe ruin him all together.

When the team does get a defensive minded D-man like Lucas Carlsson.they can't move him fast enough.......watch him make the Panthers next year.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Recent reports/rumors make this deal sound dead, or on life support at best. Bowman supposedly swung for the fences and asked for Bear and/or McLeod; and Holland wants Chicago to eat Keith's salary and trade him for peanuts. Bowman was stupid for asking "and/or" -- I mean, I can understand asking for one or the other. It's hard enough getting one of those players for Keith, let alone both. That said, Holland is being pretty outrageous here too -- he's trying to hold Bowman over a barrel, and he basically wants Keith for nothing and for the Hawks to retain salary. If that is the case, then I hope Stan has the gumption to walk away from a trade and just wait until this year's deadline, when there will be more demand for Keith (assuming he stays healthy).

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Recent reports/rumors make this deal sound dead, or on life support at best. Bowman supposedly swung for the fences and asked for Bear and/or McLeod; and Holland wants Chicago to eat Keith's salary and trade him for peanuts. Bowman was stupid for asking "and/or" -- I mean, I can understand asking for one or the other. It's hard enough getting one of those players for Keith, let alone both. That said, Holland is being pretty outrageous here too -- he's trying to hold Bowman over a barrel, and he basically wants Keith for nothing and for the Hawks to retain salary. If that is the case, then I hope Stan has the gumption to walk away from a trade and just wait until this year's deadline, when there will be more demand for Keith (assuming he stays healthy).

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Replace Keith 'in house' and you'll see a whole new level of defensive ineptitude and that would set a good young tender like Lanks back quite a bit.....maybe ruin him all together.

When the team does get a defensive minded D-man like Lucas Carlsson.they can't move him fast enough.......watch him make the Panthers next year.
It won't be that much worse than the early to mid 2000's before Keith & Seabrook developed...but it'll probably be worse and we don't have the benefit of a Столичная-fueld Khabibulin.

Believe me--I'm looking towards next season with the morbid fascination of watching a train wreck....especially if the rumor of Keith to Edmonton for Caleb Jones and a 3rd is true.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Yeah that's the article I read -- spoke too soon obviously. I wonder how that writer feels now, I think he's probably upset that Jones is part of it, but the guy was kidding himself if he thought the Oil would get Keith for peanuts.

Edit: yeah, the writer doesn't like it. I don't get why -- Keith can play special teams and top-4 minutes, and he only has 2 years left on his contract. What a clown. When did 5.5 million become too expensive for a top 4 d-man? That's a fucking bargain, especially for a guy who's not just an "offensive" d-man.

Jim Parsons
JOURNALIST

1 hour ago
Still think after Holland traded Caleb Jones, a third-round pick and retained no salary that he made the right move? Do you value Keith at a full $5.5 million plus a prospect and a mid-round pick?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm happy for Keith, I think this might be just in time to a team he is actually the difference for.

Legend...if he's gonna keep playing let it be for a chance to become even greater.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah that's the article I read -- spoke too soon obviously. I wonder how that writer feels now, I think he's probably upset that Jones is part of it, but the guy was kidding himself if he thought the Oil would get Keith for peanuts.

Edit: yeah, the writer doesn't like it. I don't get why -- Keith can play special teams and top-4 minutes, and he only has 2 years left on his contract. What a clown. When did 5.5 million become too expensive for a top 4 d-man? That's a fucking bargain, especially for a guy who's not just an "offensive" d-man.

Jim Parsons
JOURNALIST

1 hour ago
Still think after Holland traded Caleb Jones, a third-round pick and retained no salary that he made the right move? Do you value Keith at a full $5.5 million plus a prospect and a mid-round pick?
Just read how SB fleeced the Oilers .....LOL! Jones is 24 and can't stick in the lineup and the Oil D sucks as bad as ours.
Now let's find somewhere less morbid and depressing for Kane and Toews too.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Just read how SB fleeced the Oilers .....LOL! Jones is 24 and can't stick in the lineup and the Oil D sucks as bad as ours.

Yeah, I just browsed some other sites for Oiler fans' reaction and the majority are pissed. They're just like the writer -- they expected Bowman to essentially just give them Keith for free, which was fucking silly. I mean, Keith doesn't solve all their woes, but he's a start -- they probably need at least one more defensive piece. Evidently, they were expecting to give up only a 5th round pick, with salary retained on Chicago's part -- lol.

It's always impossible to say who won the trade this early, but I feel like this is a fair trade on both sides, honestly. They act like Jones is a Grade A prospect; he's far from it. And again, 5 mill isn't all that astronomical. Fuck, Connor Murphy makes a mill less.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, I just browsed some other sites for Oiler fans' reaction and the majority are pissed. They're just like the writer -- they expected Bowman to essentially just give them Keith for free, which was fucking silly. I mean, Keith doesn't solve all their woes, but he's a start -- they probably need at least one more defensive piece. Evidently, they were expecting to give up only a 5th round pick, with salary retained on Chicago's part -- lol.

It's always impossible to say who won the trade this early, but I feel like this is a fair trade on both sides, honestly. They act like Jones is a Grade A prospect; he's far from it. And again, 5 mill isn't all that astronomical. Fuck, Connor Murphy makes a mill less.
We're good as long as we keep Calvin deHAAN-job and his 4.5M....LOFL.

Which fragil,frail,timid millennial eats Keith's 25 plus a game now?