Report: Blackhawks to pursue Dougie Hamilton or Seth Jones?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What would you give up for Jones in a trade.
Dougie I wouldn’t go above 8 AAV

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is what I dislike most about Bowman. He's all over the map. Would one of these guys help the Hawks? Of course, they would.....but to what extent? Win a few more games and this time actually leak into the playoffs? Maybe. But what is his endgame? Does he want to be Kenny Williams Pt.2 or does he want to be Theo or Hahn? Are you gonna rebuild this team or keep fucking around every off season looking for parts that improves the team but doesn't make it a Cup contender. I mean if it's a free agent signing, that's money you need to sign your kids coming along. A trade? They won't want a collection of junk in return....he's gonna have to part with assets. Does he actually have a plan in mind or is he playing it by ear.....is that what you want from your GM?

It's time to pick a path for this team......

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is what I dislike most about Bowman. He's all over the map. Would one of these guys help the Hawks? Of course, they would.....but to what extent? Win a few more games and this time actually leak into the playoffs? Maybe. But what is his endgame? Does he want to be Kenny Williams Pt.2 or does he want to be Theo or Hahn? Are you gonna rebuild this team or keep fucking around every off season looking for parts that improves the team but doesn't make it a Cup contender. I mean if it's a free agent signing, that's money you need to sign your kids coming along. A trade? They won't want a collection of junk in return....he's gonna have to part with assets. Does he actually have a plan in mind or is he playing it by ear.....is that what you want from your GM?

I think one goalie, either Lehnar or Rask, someone quality to pair with Lehtanan and Nalimov in the wings...

It matters if you have two goalies and two #1's to lead a blue line each. Keith's minutes get reduced and he gets given his best balancer other than weber or Hamilton.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think one goalie, either Lehnar or Rask, someone quality to pair with Lehtanan and Nalimov in the wings...

It matters if you have two goalies and two #1's to lead a blue line each. Keith's minutes get reduced and he gets given his best balancer other than weber or Hamilton.
Why are you quoting me? This has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why are you quoting me? This has absolutely nothing to do with what I said.
It's the foundation of a path to success. It has everything to do with what you said.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't want Dougie Hamilton. He makes some really stupid plays and penalties at critical times. Maybe I'm wrong here, but he seems to be more of an offensive-minded D-man; we need a D-man who can actually play defense, can kill penalties, block shots, and can be trusted at the most critical junctures of a game (holding a lead late, etc.). Hamilton isn't any of those things. He's not worth the money.

Jones would the guy I'd want. He wouldn't be cheap either obviously, but he can play both PP and PK; good size; hits; led the Jackets in blocked shots; and is younger. He makes way more sense for a rebuilding team than Hamilton. Jones should be a priority light years before Hamilton and it isn't even close. Hamilton would just be another Campbell, but on a way worse Hawks team, which would be a disaster.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I wouldn't want Dougie Hamilton. He makes some really stupid plays and penalties at critical times. Maybe I'm wrong here, but he seems to be more of an offensive-minded D-man; we need a D-man who can actually play defense, can kill penalties, block shots, and can be trusted at the most critical junctures of a game (holding a lead late, etc.). Hamilton isn't any of those things. He's not worth the money.

Jones would the guy I'd want. He wouldn't be cheap either obviously, but he can play both PP and PK; good size; hits; led the Jackets in blocked shots; and is younger. He makes way more sense for a rebuilding team than Hamilton. Jones should be a priority light years before Hamilton and it isn't even close. Hamilton would just be another Campbell, but on a way worse Hawks team, which would be a disaster.
I mentioned Jones a while back, someone needs to take Keith of the ice, as long as there is no one to replace him, JC will rely on him.At his current age we do t have to look much further than that, to understand why there is a trainwreck on the backend.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils

At this point there is no kid in the pipeline who can be a top 3 defender for the team for some time. Jones would be ideal, and yes you will have to pay, but at this point, the Hawks dont have any other choice.
You mentioned signing of the kids, what kid currently on this team can demand any sort of high contract signing? None.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At this point there is no kid in the pipeline who can be a top 3 defender for the team for some time. Jones would be ideal, and yes you will have to pay, but at this point, the Hawks dont have any other choice.
You mentioned signing of the kids, what kid currently on this team can demand any sort of high contract signing? None.
#1 I said "kids" not kid. As in plural, as in more than one. Hagel, Suter and Nylander now. Kurashev, Dach and Kuby
next year. Nylander is a ? But you know Bowman....
#2 Unless Toews comes back good as new....they have lot's of choices as they will be going nowhere.
#3 Why piss away cap space when you don't have a Cup contending team?
#4 Decide where this team is going, patchwork or rebuild...although...
#5 Bowman is dressing up this Halloween as Kenny Williams so I kinda see which way he is leaning..

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
#1 I said "kids" not kid. As in plural, as in more than one. Hagel, Suter and Nylander now. Kurashev, Dach and Kuby
#2 Unless Toews comes back good as new....they have lot's of choices as they will be going nowhere.
#5 Bowman is dressing up this Halloween as Kenny Williams so I kinda see which way he is leaning..

Agree with all, except Nylander is a roster turd, not a ?.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I understand where you are coming from, however, if this team is in rebuild, which it is, starting with a stud defender in the back eliminates one of the many glaring needs. The team needs to start somewhere, it’s not to often a player like Jones hits the market.
Looking how Stan dumped the vets at trade deadline obviously shows this team is not in patchwork mode as you put it. Dach, Suter, Kurashev have done nothing for a massive pay raise, and let’s be honest, Jones importance to help the trainwreck on the backend is more Important than Kurashev and Suter and Nylander. Those guys are fringe third liners, Jones is a number 1 defender.
You mentioned Toews, even if he comes back, he will never be that guy he was, which brings the importance of building the backend. The Hawks didn’t have trouble scoring they had trouble defending and winning a face offs. Besides Kane and Decat, we can throw Dach in there as well, it’s open season on every player in the lineup.
Finding another goalie as a backup with experience will help Kevin and adding solid defenders will put the Hawks on a Much faster track than sitting on your hands when players like Jones is available.
Cap space, DeHaan, Strome will be gone following the season, Kubalik will need to be signed, When Kane’s contract is over his salary will go down and Dcats will go up. I am not sure what’s happens with Seabs salary,

Last edited:

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The front office has been flying by the seat of it's pants for the last three years.......what rebuilding team doesn't go after the top FA's? WTF? Guys like Mitchell,Beaudin and Carlsson saw fewer games that they needed last year due to a veteran logjam at D that already exists and they're adding a top FA vet on top of it? Mitchell and Beaudin ain't really that young any more and watch this Carlsson kid play for Fla next year like Forsling did and Rutta in TB also.