Report: Blackhawks to pursue Dougie Hamilton or Seth Jones?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Stan better work quickly. He’s probably going to be suspended soon.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jones is a free agent
After going back and checking the numbers I found that Jones was a bit younger than I thought....I thought both he and Hamilton were the same age. But Jones is only 26, still young enough and good enough to be a piece of the puzzle instead of a 2 year placeholder. Granada is right about Hamilton....from what I've seen, he has too much Gustafsson in him.

BTW, just read where Zadorov is looking to get a 5 year at$5.85 mill per year contract.....BWAHAHAHA. Good luck with that.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
The most damming thing seems to be giving this predator a great referral to go work with high school kids after knowing the seriousness of his prior allegations and it didn't work out well for at least one kid.....

Chicago Blackhawks reportedly did not call police about sexual assault allegations in 2010, and the NHLPA declined to get involved, a former player’s lawyer says
I can’t believe the team that I cheer for, buy merchandise for, support through and through can sweep aside allegations as such. This is damning in the most serious ways. Heads should roll and Rocky should be at the forefront of this not cowardly behind a desk somewhere. The consequences with this could and may have a huge impact on this team. Which player would want to be apart of an organization that Turns an eye allegations such as this.
Apart from being a clueless GM, this is another strike against that piece of garbage Bowman, this man should be fired and pushed as far away from this organization as possible.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The most damming thing seems to be giving this predator a great referral to go work with high school kids after knowing the seriousness of his prior allegations and it didn't work out well for at least one kid.....

Chicago Blackhawks reportedly did not call police about sexual assault allegations in 2010, and the NHLPA declined to get involved, a former player’s lawyer says
Wow. I will say they did a great job of covering this up. I remember reading something briefly about this but at the time there were no names and it disappeared as quickly as it appeared. This isn't just Bowman....it's all of them. Of course, the big thing here is money as it usually is.....the Hawks had just turned the corner with the franchise and didn't want to risk any negative setbacks. Sad, but predictable. There are very, very few "good" people in the world of pro sports.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I thought Jones had one year left

He does and now the current rumor is that the Jackets would want Dach + (i.e. first round pick this year) for him. That's basically a non-starter now, in my view.

Honestly, I almost think Bowman and co. leak this crap on purpose, just to appease the fanbase. The Hawks were tied to the Suter/Parise sweepstakes close to a decade ago (Bowman himself admitted this, even though everyone knew this really could never happen with our cap). They were tied to Kesler just before he left Van. They were tied to Jeff Carter before he departed Philly. The list goes on, those are just the ones I can think off the top of my head. My point is, there are always these rumors that the Hawks are interested in said superstar -- and what always happens? Absolutely nothing, which I predict will happen with both Hamilton and Jones (as far as the Hawks are concerned).

I'd love Jones on the team and I am of the belief that, even on a rebuilding squad, you still need to add pieces like Jones -- you can't just rely on all your draft picks maturing at the same time. You still need a foundation and you have to have a couple bonafide pieces already in place for when the majority (ideally) of your draft picks/young-guns mature. But if the asking price is Dach +, that defeats the purpose of the main objective of a rebuild and would be counterproductive.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He does and now the current rumor is that the Jackets would want Dach + (i.e. first round pick this year) for him. That's basically a non-starter now, in my view.

Honestly, I almost think Bowman and co. leak this crap on purpose, just to appease the fanbase. The Hawks were tied to the Suter/Parise sweepstakes close to a decade ago (Bowman himself admitted this, even though everyone knew this really could never happen with our cap). They were tied to Kesler just before he left Van. They were tied to Jeff Carter before he departed Philly. The list goes on, those are just the ones I can think off the top of my head. My point is, there are always these rumors that the Hawks are interested in said superstar -- and what always happens? Absolutely nothing, which I predict will happen with both Hamilton and Jones (as far as the Hawks are concerned).

I'd love Jones on the team and I am of the belief that, even on a rebuilding squad, you still need to add pieces like Jones -- you can't just rely on all your draft picks maturing at the same time. You still need a foundation and you have to have a couple bonafide pieces already in place for when the majority (ideally) of your draft picks/young-guns mature. But if the asking price is Dach +, that defeats the purpose of the main objective of a rebuild and would be counterproductive.
Dach is a no go for me.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
So let me put this out there, Eichel is also a rumour Chicago has been looking into, and the price for Eichel is the same as Jones. Dach plus our first round pick. Does anyone bite on this?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
So let me put this out there, Eichel is also a rumour Chicago has been looking into, and the price for Eichel is the same as Jones. Dach plus our first round pick. Does anyone bite on this?
No, why would you give up Dach in any trade? You have Dach at less than a mill next year. They are in dire need of centers. It doesn't really improve the team much because you still have a glaring hole. Especially with Eichel already at 10M. How does that work? You going to sit on 3 10M players? He's sitting there the next 5 years.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
No, why would you give up Dach in any trade? You have Dach at less than a mill next year. They are in dire need of centers. It doesn't really improve the team much because you still have a glaring hole. Especially with Eichel already at 10M. How does that work? You going to sit on 3 10M players? He's sitting there the next 5 years.
MassHavoc, first and foremost, calm down, I posed a question? Right now, Hawks management are rumored to be in talks about Eichel, Rumour,
I just want to make something clear, I did not say I am in favour of this, however there maybe posters who are.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alright everyone:

c0ac47832e2320f3132b67cc679937b3.jpg

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
MassHavoc, first and foremost, calm down, I posed a question? Right now, Hawks management are rumored to be in talks about Eichel, Rumour,
I just want to make something clear, I did not say I am in favour of this, however there maybe posters who are.
Calm down? I didn't realize answering the question requires people to hunker down in a safe space first.

Granada

Liked Posts:

I don't think it's as easy an answer as others do, but I would say no. I say that because, Eichel is an established NHL player compared to Dach, yet he's only 24. I like Dach, but he still has a long way to go in his development. At this point, I wouldn't trade Dach, but Eichel is one player I'd be more open to trading Dach for than anyone else, including Jones.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Calm down? I didn't realize answering the question requires people to hunker down in a safe space first.
It may, I posed a question and it seemed to trigger an emotional response directed at me, it was A question put forward to all posters.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I don't think it's as easy an answer as others do, but I would say no. I say that because, Eichel is an established NHL player compared to Dach, yet he's only 24. I like Dach, but he still has a long way to go in his development. At this point, I wouldn't trade Dach, but Eichel is one player I'd be more open to trading Dach for than anyone else, including Jones.
His salary hit is a problem, 10million, and if Toews comes back that’s a ton of money tied into 3 players.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
It may, I posed a question and it seemed to trigger an emotional response directed at me, it was A question put forward to all posters.
And I... being one of all posters. responded. I think my response seemed to have triggered an emotional response directed at me. I don't get angry, or triggered, or whatever else unless you're doing fly by trolling and even then I only get angry because it means I typically have to actually do something around here. If it's anything I get it's just drunk and loud.

Granada

Liked Posts:
His salary hit is a problem, 10million, and if Toews comes back that’s a ton of money tied into 3 players.
Yeah and he's got like 4 more years on his contract or something. It made me think for a second that management knows something that we as fans don't know yet regarding Toews, but that's just reading tea leaves.