Report: Blackhawks to show interest in Jack Eichel?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
From NY Post... so take it for what it is.... Blackhawks enter the Jack Eichel trade sweepstakes

In addition to the usual suspects — including the Ducks, Flyers, Wild, Kings and perhaps the Rangers — there is a previously undisclosed entrant in the Hunt for Jack Eichel.

Slap Shots has learned the Blackhawks have taken a ticket at the deli counter in communicating their interest in the 24-year-old center, who is in the midst of divorce proceedings with the Sabres while possibly facing a tricky surgery to repair a herniated disk.

In order to succeed in its quest, Chicago’s offer would have to feature Kirby Dach — the 20-year-old center who was drafted third overall in 2019, recorded 23 points (8-15) in his rookie season, then played just 18 games last year after he suffered a wrist injury in a pre-World Juniors tournament game.

Of course, there would have to be more to it. The Blackhawks own the 11th-overall selection in the upcoming draft July 23. That likely would also have to be thrown into the mix.

Granada

Liked Posts:
This is the thing with the Hawks -- every player they pursue (Jones, etc.) is probably going to require Dach going the other way. Or Hagel. That's what teams will really want.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
This is the thing with the Hawks -- every player they pursue (Jones, etc.) is probably going to require Dach going the other way. Or Hagel. That's what teams will really want.
The question is, will Dach ever be the player the Hawks need him to be when they drafted him at #3. Will the wrist injury complicate matters for him? Can he be a #1 Center? If Stan and company think Yes, this trade talk is nonsense, but if the consideration is there, the faith in him following last season has created doubt, and the feeling is the organization doesn’t want to wait and see, they want results immediately. The other question is, can the team endure another season without the presence of Toews, Eichel would be his replacement now and moving into the future. Yes the team is in rebuild mode, but Rocky won’t sit around for the foreseeable future with Stan getting nowhere, it’s already been close to 4 years and counting and the team is still miles away from being a potential playoff competitor.

Last edited:

Bust

Liked Posts:
The question is, will Dach ever be the player the Hawks need him to be when they drafted him at #3. Will the wrist injury complicate matters for him? Can he be a #1 Center? If Stan and company think Yes, this trade talk is nonsense, but if the consideration is there, the faith in him following last season has created doubt, and the feeling is the organization doesn’t want to wait and see, they want results immediately. The other question is, can the team endure another season without the presence of Toews, Eichel would be his replacement now and moving into the future. Yes the team is in rebuild mode, but Rocky won’t sit around for the foreseeable future with Stan getting nowhere, it’s already been close to 4 years and counting and the team is still miles away from being a potential playoff competitor.

oh noes. woah is me. a whole 4 years, lol

btw, the Vegas Knights are about to CHOKE away their championship window. Canadiens the cinderella team. Eeek into the playoffs <montreal lost their last 5 games of the regular season coming in, lol> and get hot at the right time. You guys hyping up Danault, it's Nick Suzuki that has impressed me. That dude is a playmaker.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can we give them Reichel and Boqvist?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eichel has been pretty injury prone. If someone is going to bring sweepstakes to Dach level, I say pass.

If you can add him for taking his salary, picks, and lesser prospects I'm in.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Eichel has been pretty injury prone. If someone is going to bring sweepstakes to Dach level, I say pass.

If you can add him for taking his salary, picks, and lesser prospects I'm in.
Yes he has, but Dach himself has also suffered a very significant injury as well.
What level is Dach at? for talk about sweepstakes, we are t talking about Connor Mcdavid here.
Buffalo is not offloading a talent such as Eichel for a bag of pucks.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Toews returns that's like $31 mill of the cap for three players. I'd say, they might be looking at Kaner as the NHL player to be moved. I mean he is a Buffalo native.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Please
If Toews returns that's like $31 mill of the cap for three players. I'd say, they might be looking at Kaner as the NHL player to be moved. I mean he is a Buffalo native.
explain why every time a rumour floats about with Buffalo, people right away say Kane, yes yes he is from there. There is zero chance in hell Kane ever waves his NMC to go to Buffalo, that has to be one of the worst franchises in the league. It’s gets tiring hearing about it, almost as tiring as hearing every trade previous to this season about Winnipeg involved Toews.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Please

explain why every time a rumour floats about with Buffalo, people right away say Kane, yes yes he is from there. There is zero chance in hell Kane ever waves his NMC to go to Buffalo, that has to be one of the worst franchises in the league. It’s gets tiring hearing about it, almost as tiring as hearing every trade previous to this season about Winnipeg involved Toews.
Easy. They are trying to get younger, Kane's family is in Buffalo(very close with them as he flys his family in for games a lot), has a family of his own now(might want to go home) and most importantly....they can't fit 3 ten million dollar contracts in their cap. If they want this kid, trading a guy making peanuts like Dach won't get it done. Personally, I think getting Eichel is just another dumb rumor as it makes zero sense financially.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Easy. They are trying to get younger, Kane's family is in Buffalo(very close with them as he flys his family in for games a lot), has a family of his own now(might want to go home) and most importantly....they can't fit 3 ten million dollar contracts in their cap. If they want this kid, trading a guy making peanuts like Dach won't get it done. Personally, I think getting Eichel is just another dumb rumor as it makes zero sense financially.
This is not directed at you Diehard, the truth is, what you have brought forward about Kane and Buffalo has been talked about for years now, any and all rumours always point to Kane and his return home in some regard. His NMC will say otherwise, if by any chance Kane gets moved, I am sure it will be on his own terms and to a team that is vying for a chance at the cup, not a team that is worse of than our current Blackhawks team.
The only way Eichel comes here, if Toews hangs them up. I am reluctant to say the Hawks front office leak these rumours to fans and when they do not fall through, they can at least say they tried, that is Bowman forte.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If there is any truth to the rumors of Bowman looking at Eichel. I take this as they know Toews is done. No way we have 3 guys on the roster with a 10m cap hit.

Dach to me is someone to build around, but if Eichel is healthy and everything checks out on his back and neck. I would at least look into it.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
If all it takes to get Jack Eichel here is Dach and draft picks I'll pay Dachs Uber.

How in the hell anybody thinks the Hawks aren't commiting highway robbery with that scenario I have no clue.

Big cap hit? You figure it out. First line centers don't become available at his age too many times and the jury is still out if Dach isn't anything more then a second line center at this point or moving forward.

Like srsly.....

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do you dislike Reichel so much
If he ever attains Hartman level I agree to eat Crow on it.

Right now his frame size and his level of competition compared to a 1st tier hockey country are concerns.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he ever attains Hartman level I agree to eat Crow on it.

Right now his frame size and his level of competition compared to a 1st tier hockey country are concerns.

What's wrong with his frame size? Hes 6ft, could easily add 10-15lbs. Be 190+.
The level of competition is getting better all the time in Germany. Eisbaren would beat most Junior teams-men vs boys.
Also, NHL in his bloodline.
Anyway, I could be wrong hope I'm not. Elite skater, great 2 way player. Sounds like a need

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's wrong with his frame size? Hes 6ft, could easily add 10-15lbs. Be 190+.
The level of competition is getting better all the time in Germany. Eisbaren would beat most Junior teams-men vs boys.
Also, NHL in his bloodline.
Anyway, I could be wrong hope I'm not. Elite skater, great 2 way player. Sounds like a need
I just think looking at him the 10-15 lbs you keep magically gifting him is no guarantee, nor will he ever be functionally a strong man no matter how much weight lifting.

I'm a 5 sport athlete, trainer, and professional sports analyst. Sizing people up is what I do for a living.

I agreed to drop it for a while and wait and see. There are always exceptions even if I were partially correct. I said I would eat Crow if he attains Ryan Hartman level of a first round pick return, which I think is a fairly average but realistic bar he should clear if your excitement is warranted.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Here's the funny thing about home. While he'll always be from there including his time in juniors and such he's now lived as long away from buffalo as he has in buffalo. There comes a point where certain places aren't home anymore.