I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
This is borderline ridiculous. You don’t need 5 three point shooters in a lineup. You have to respect Rose, LaVine, Williams, and Vuc behind the line. The flaw in your argument is you’re focusing on one negative that you perceive to be poison and ignoring all the other numerous great things he provides. Also fail to take into account that his lack of 3 pt shooting is a minimal concern when surrounded by competent shooters

like I said before. 3 point shooting has become the #1 most important aspect of the game, whether you like it or not. Derozan is a terrible 3 point shooter. Giving him 20 mil a year is asinine

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
like I said before. 3 point shooting has become the #1 most important aspect of the game, whether you like it or not. Derozan is a terrible 3 point shooter. Giving him 20 mil a year is asinine
Lol ok….Zion sucks at 3s too…should he not be paid? Thad Young can’t shoot from deep and had a tremendous year and impact on the team after he played to his strengths and stopped shooting them (as opposed to Boylen ball).

Realistic projections

Rose: 37%-40%(2.5 attempts)
LaVine 40+% on however many attempts he wants
DeRozan: Sub 30% (1 attempt)
Williams: 38-41% (2-4 attempts)
Vuc 38-40% (6 attempts)

Those are very fair projections and I don’t see the spacing concerns that you keep going on about. Few teams have three 20+ scorers with PERs over 20 and the bulls would have that to go along with Williams, white, Rose, marko. I can’t think of single team that doesn’t have at least one starter not capable of shooting 3s. And DeRozan makes up for it with his ability to create and score at a highly efficient rate

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'll throw a PG out there who is both affordable under what the Bulls currently have cap room, has shown improvement in his game, and is a FA (restricted), and plays for a team that is pretty guard heavy currently:

Devonte' Graham

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lol ok….Zion sucks at 3s too…should he not be paid? Thad Young can’t shoot from deep and had a tremendous year and impact on the team after he played to his strengths and stopped shooting them (as opposed to Boylen ball).

Realistic projections

Rose: 37%-40%(2.5 attempts)
LaVine 40+% on however many attempts he wants
DeRozan: Sub 30% (1 attempt)
Williams: 38-41% (2-4 attempts)
Vuc 38-40% (6 attempts)

Those are very fair projections and I don’t see the spacing concerns that you keep going on about. Few teams have three 20+ scorers with PERs over 20 and the bulls would have that to go along with Williams, white, Rose, marko. I can’t think of single team that doesn’t have at least one starter not capable of shooting 3s. And DeRozan makes up for it with his ability to create and score at a highly efficient rate

really? You can’t think of any teams that have a starting 5 with all 5 being capable 3 point shooters? You must not be watching tonight’s game, or the bucks would come to mind instantly

Zion is a transformational player that is also young and could develop an outside shot still. Derozan is what he is at this point, and he’s not a transformational player like Zion. Remember when we listed the superstars? I don’t recall us mentioning derozan at all. To get away with not being a 3 point shooter in today’s nba, you have to be elite at just about everything else like Zion

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
really? You can’t think of any teams that have a starting 5 with all 5 being capable 3 point shooters? You must not be watching tonight’s game, or the bucks would come to mind instantly

Zion is a transformational player that is also young and could develop an outside shot still. Derozan is what he is at this point, and he’s not a transformational player like Zion. Remember when we listed the superstars? I don’t recall us mentioning derozan at all. To get away with not being a 3 point shooter in today’s nba, you have to be elite at just about everything else like Zion
Imagine thinking you can't have 5 shooters on the floor in 2021.

Enasic

Liked Posts:

The bucks? Really? Lol….I forgot that giannis isn’t on their team. He can barely score outside the paint.

Again, where is the spacing concerns? The whole point of outside shooting is spacing the floor. Outside of DeRozan, the Bulls would have 4 other starters who reasonably should shoot 38+% from 3. I’d lean more your way if the bulls still had WCJ, but they added Vucevic who is one of the best stretch 5s in the league. It’s a fully functional, balanced unit with play makers, scorers, solid defenders, and 3 pt shooting.

DeRozan last season:

22 PPG
7 APG
4 RPG
59 TS%
PER: 22
WS/48: .172

….you add that player to a unit where the other 4 starters will shoot 38+% from 3 (2 of them all stars ) and I don’t think many teams and coaches would share your sentiment that it’s a bad fit. Not only are 4 players good and above outside shooters, 4 of them are play makers (Rose, LaVine, DeRozan, Vuc). It’s a very difficult lineup to defend compiled of efficient players who can create their own shot and facilitate.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
It was also rumored the Bulls were in on DeRozan at the deadline. The ultimately traded for Vuc which was the right move since DeRozan is a FA. I wouldn’t doubt one bit if they renew interest

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The bucks? Really? Lol….I forgot that giannis isn’t on their team. He can barely score outside the paint.

Again, where is the spacing concerns? The whole point of outside shooting is spacing the floor. Outside of DeRozan, the Bulls would have 4 other starters who reasonably should shoot 38+% from 3. I’d lean more your way if the bulls still had WCJ, but they added Vucevic who is one of the best stretch 5s in the league. It’s a fully functional, balanced unit with play makers, scorers, solid defenders, and 3 pt shooting.

DeRozan last season:

22 PPG
7 APG
4 RPG
59 TS%
PER: 22
WS/48: .172

….you add that player to a unit where the other 4 starters will shoot 38+% from 3 (2 of them all stars ) and I don’t think many teams and coaches would share your sentiment that it’s a bad fit. Not only are 4 players good and above outside shooters, 4 of them are play makers (Rose, LaVine, DeRozan, Vuc). It’s a very difficult lineup to defend compiled of efficient players who can create their own shot and facilitate.

again, Giannis is an mvp. Let me know when derozan drops 50 in a finals clinching game and I’ll ignore the fact he can’t shoot 3’s

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Also, nuggets, clippers, nets, and mavs all had starting 5’s with 5 decent or better 3 point shooters

Enasic

Liked Posts:
again, Giannis is an mvp. Let me know when derozan drops 50 in a finals clinching game and I’ll ignore the fact he can’t shoot 3’s
Question: do teams need 5 starters who can shoot 3s?

Would the Bulls not have 4 starters who can shoot above 38%?

Basketball is still about playing to your strengths, efficiency, and making the right basketball play. It’s crazy to me people would be against DeRozan because he’d be one player who couldn’t shoot 3s in a starting lineup.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Question: do teams need 5 starters who can shoot 3s?

Would the Bulls not have 4 starters who can shoot above 38%?

Basketball is still about playing to your strengths, efficiency, and making the right basketball play. It’s crazy to me people would be against DeRozan because he’d be one player who couldn’t shoot 3s in a starting lineup.

what has derozan done to make you think he’s the missing piece worth giving our cap room to? Toronto traded him, then they won. SA has gotten worse and worse every year it seems. The bulls would still need a PG. PG is the issue, not getting an undersized 3

Enasic

Liked Posts:
what has derozan done to make you think he’s the missing piece worth giving our cap room to? Toronto traded him, then they won. SA has gotten worse and worse every year it seems. The bulls would still need a PG. PG is the issue, not getting an undersized 3
You’re moving a lot of goal posts. Why can’t an efficient, play making scorer who plays D not fit on a roster with other highly efficient, play making scorers who all stretch the floor?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You’re moving a lot of goal posts. Why can’t an efficient, play making scorer who plays D not fit on a roster with other highly efficient, play making scorers who all stretch the floor?
I’ve already told you why he’s not a fit. You just don’t like the reasons I list

Enasic

Liked Posts:
The NBA Champions.
That’s actually unequivocally false. Giannis cannot shoot. Knox named 5 teams that have 5 starters who can shoot 3s. I haven’t looked into it, but even if he’s correct…that’s 5 teams. A minuscule amount of teams are constructed that way (assuming he’s correct).

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I’ve already told you why he’s not a fit. You just don’t like the reasons I list
Yes, because he can’t shoot 3s and bulls need a PG (ignoring that Rose would fill that role quite nicely for one year). Also ignoring that consistent and productive wing production is also a major need

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yes, because he can’t shoot 3s and bulls need a PG (ignoring that Rose would fill that role quite nicely for one year). Also ignoring that consistent and productive wing production is also a major need

don’t forget he’s undersized to play the 3 like you want him to. Also, you want to give him 20 mil per year, and the bulls have like 14 mil in cap space…and then you’re somehow going to afford rose and his 10ish mil per year?! Yeaaaaahhhhhh okayyyyyy

Enasic

Liked Posts:
don’t forget he’s undersized to play the 3 like you want him to. Also, you want to give him 20 mil per year, and the bulls have like 14 mil in cap space…and then you’re somehow going to afford rose and his 10ish mil per year?! Yeaaaaahhhhhh okayyyyyy
Pop has him playing the 3 and the 4 the last two seasons according to basketball reference…but he’s underside according to you. Gonna side with pop on this one.

I could very well be off in the cap projections. I’m in no way an expert but again, way to move the goal posts. I think if they dump sato and Thad they can squeeze it in. I also heard they have an exception for non tax payer and it’s just under 10 mil.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Pop has him playing the 3 and the 4 the last two seasons according to basketball reference…but he’s underside according to you. Gonna side with pop on this one.

I could very well be off in the cap projections. I’m in no way an expert but again, way to move the goal posts. I think if they dump sato and Thad they can squeeze it in. I also heard they have an exception for non tax payer and it’s just under 10 mil.

he’s barely bigger than Lavine and Lavine would get abused in the post by most 3’s in the league. And the idea of playing derozan at the 4 is ridiculous. I don’t care if pop did it a few times or not.

and so you’d add derozan and rose and cut Thad and sato to make room? That isn’t improving the team much

if living in reality is “moving the goal posts” then sure