REPORT: Bulls Ready to Spend Big Money in Free Agency

Stephen_Roto

CCS Podcast Guy
Donator
Liked Posts:
With the offseason in full swing for the front office to get the team back to the postseason, it appears that Artūras Karnišovas is ready to make a big splash to make that a reality for the 2021-22 season. The Action Network’s Matt Moore is reporting that the expectation around the league is that the Bulls are about to open the checkbook and be big spenders — specifically at guard.

Last edited by a moderator:

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lonzo come on down!!

does kinda make me wonder, all signs seem to point to Lonzo…which only makes me think it’s not Lonzo lol

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Lonzo come on down!!

does kinda make me wonder, all signs seem to point to Lonzo…which only makes me think it’s not Lonzo lol
I'm hoping they can somehow manage to get a real PG, and quality depth wing player and bring back theis.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I'm hoping they can somehow manage to get a real PG, and quality depth wing player and bring back theis.
That’s a tall order. I think they can get a legit pg and a depth wing player(probably will end up being temple, FO seems to like him and he won’t cost much). Javonte green and Troy brown jr can also give them some wing minutes assuming they are both back.

I just doubt they can get a legit pg(it’ll cost around 20 mil per) and resign theis whomst will probably cost 10+ mil per. Plus, Theis and Vuc didn’t seem to mesh well on the court together. So Theis really would only be effective for the time fram Vuc sits. That’s not much time a game. Granted, it was only like a month or so they played together

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
With the offseason in full swing for the front office to get the team back to the postseason, it appears that Artūras Karnišovas is ready to make a big splash to make that a reality for the 2021-22 season. The Action Network’s Matt Moore is reporting that the expectation around the league is that the Bulls are about to open the checkbook and be big spenders — specifically at guard.
Ball, Dinwiddie, Lowry, Conley...lots to pick from. Not sure they can go wrong...all would be improvements.

Last edited by a moderator:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Sign for big money:

Lowry
Cousins

Then call it a day.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I’m actually a fan of Murray from SAS.

I like him too. Question is, do the spurs actually want to trade him? Pretty sure all the speculation about Murray to the bulls came about because Lavine liked a photoshopped picture of Murray in a bulls uniform.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I like him too. Question is, do the spurs actually want to trade him? Pretty sure all the speculation about Murray to the bulls came about because Lavine liked a photoshopped picture of Murray in a bulls uniform.
lavine calling out his friend in a bulls uniform had some to do with it but there has been a lot of speculation around murray and white being available not to just the bulls but in general...the spurs are not a contender and neither player is a franchise player...they are complimentary pieces...having said that I also cant see them bringing derozan and/or gay back when they are getting up there in age so it would be wise to trade one or both to get more assets for a faster rebuild...Pop could be arguing for the spurs to give it one more go as i cant imagine he'd want to go through a rebuild at his age so who knows

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Give me DeRozan and Rose. DeRozan at 3 years/60 mil with the 3rd year team option or partially guaranteed. Then use the non tax payer exception (9.5) mil to sign Rose.

Rose
LaVine
DeRozan
Williams
Vuc

That’s a balanced lineup with multiple scorers, defenders, and pretty much everyone can create their own shot and are good passers. DeRozan averaged 7 APG to go along with 21 PPG with a PER of 22, 59 TS%, and .172 WS/48 numbers. Those are all exceptional numbers and better than any of lonzo, Conley, Lowry.

Sure, he doesn’t shoot 3s, but the Bulls would still have more than enough spacing in the starting lineup.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Give me DeRozan and Rose. DeRozan at 3 years/60 mil with the 3rd year team option or partially guaranteed. Then use the non tax payer exception (9.5) mil to sign Rose.

Rose
LaVine
DeRozan
Williams
Vuc

That’s a balanced lineup with multiple scorers, defenders, and pretty much everyone can create their own shot and are good passers. DeRozan averaged 7 APG to go along with 21 PPG with a PER of 22, 59 TS%, and .172 WS/48 numbers. Those are all exceptional numbers and better than any of lonzo, Conley, Lowry.

Sure, he doesn’t shoot 3s, but the Bulls would still have more than enough spacing in the starting lineup.

derozan is an even bigger no than rose is. And giving him 20 mil per? No Thankyou. The guy can’t shoot from outside.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
derozan is an even bigger no than rose is. And giving him 20 mil per? No Thankyou. The guy can’t shoot from outside.
He’s better than Rose. I addressed his outside shot. It doesn’t hinder this team with the floor spacing they have. The other 4 starters all could shoot 3s. Despite “not shooting from the outside” he averaged 22 points on very good efficiency. He can guard. He can handle and facilitate. He can consistently create his own shot. It’s perplexing you’re so against him. He’d be a great fit. He’s also still very athletic.

With LaVine, Vuc, and Demar, they would have 3 20+ scorers who can all pass and get their own shot anytime they want. With Rose and Coby at PG, Williams at the 4, they would be extremely difficult to contain. I’d wager that’s a 45-50 win team that no one would wanna face in the playoffs

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He’s better than Rose. I addressed his outside shot. It doesn’t hinder this team with the floor spacing they have. The other 4 starters all could shoot 3s. Despite “not shooting from the outside” he averaged 22 points on very good efficiency. He can guard. He can handle and facilitate. He can consistently create his own shot. It’s perplexing you’re so against him. He’d be a great fit. He’s also still very athletic.

With LaVine, Vuc, and Demar, they would have 3 20+ scorers who can all pass and get their own shot anytime they want. With Rose and Coby at PG, Williams at the 4, they would be extremely difficult to contain. I’d wager that’s a 45-50 win team that no one would wanna face in the playoffs

that’s the flaw in your thinking. Just because player A is a better player than player B, does not automatically make player A the better fit on said team.

aside from you putting him in an undersized role as a 3, he isn’t a good three point shooter, and in a league with the emphasis on the 3 as it is…he becomes a liability in half court offense. I know you think they bulls would have enough 3 point shooting aside from derozan…but that’s how the 76ers felt about having Simmons not being able to shoot because they have the other 4 guys that can. Guess how well that worked out for them? And the bulls don’t have as good of a starting 4 to go with their poor outside shooter as the 76ers do. In today’s game you really can’t afford to have wing players that can’t make open spot up 3’s

plus, rose is a mediocre 3 point shooter, as is PWill at this point in time. Really it’s Lavine and Vuc that are the good 3 point shooters. adding derozan and rose would not be a good move

basically I’m saying the bulls are trying to join the 21st century of basketball, not regress back to 1980’s style of play. Derozan is very talented, however, his game doesn’t fit today’s game as well as it would of 30+ years ago. Born in the wrong generation i

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Trade LaVine for protected 1st round picks

Sign Kris Dunn, 3 yrs, 27million
Sign Derozan, 4 yrs 200 million
Sign Gay, 3 yrs 60 million
Sign Cousins, 1 y 10 million

#playoffs8seed

Enasic

Liked Posts:
that’s the flaw in your thinking. Just because player A is a better player than player B, does not automatically make player A the better fit on said team.

aside from you putting him in an undersized role as a 3, he isn’t a good three point shooter, and in a league with the emphasis on the 3 as it is…he becomes a liability in half court offense. I know you think they bulls would have enough 3 point shooting aside from derozan…but that’s how the 76ers felt about having Simmons not being able to shoot because they have the other 4 guys that can. Guess how well that worked out for them? And the bulls don’t have as good of a starting 4 to go with their poor outside shooter as the 76ers do. In today’s game you really can’t afford to have wing players that can’t make open spot up 3’s

plus, rose is a mediocre 3 point shooter, as is PWill at this point in time. Really it’s Lavine and Vuc that are the good 3 point shooters. adding derozan and rose would not be a good move

basically I’m saying the bulls are trying to join the 21st century of basketball, not regress back to 1980’s style of play. Derozan is very talented, however, his game doesn’t fit today’s game as well as it would of 30+ years ago. Born in the wrong generation i
This is borderline ridiculous. You don’t need 5 three point shooters in a lineup. You have to respect Rose, LaVine, Williams, and Vuc behind the line. The flaw in your argument is you’re focusing on one negative that you perceive to be poison and ignoring all the other numerous great things he provides. Also fail to take into account that his lack of 3 pt shooting is a minimal concern when surrounded by competent shooters

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Also, at 19 Williams shot 39% from 3. Sure, only two attempts a game but he’ll only get better. To call that mediocre is disingenuous.

Rose in 35 games with NYK shot 41%. Only 3 attempts per game, but he’s not jacking 3s anymore and taking what the D is giving him. The whole DeRozan can’t shoot 3s so he can’t fit on a “modern” team is something I completely disagree with.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Also, at 19 Williams shot 39% from 3. Sure, only two attempts a game but he’ll only get better. To call that mediocre is disingenuous.

Rose in 35 games with NYK shot 41%. Only 3 attempts per game, but he’s not jacking 3s anymore and taking what the D is giving him. The whole DeRozan can’t shoot 3s so he can’t fit on a “modern” team is something I completely disagree with.

he can fit on a modern team. That team is NOT the bulls, however. He would be a horrendous fit on the bulls