Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
exactly, you can get midrange shots anytime you want, but it’s a little tougher to get them when every defender knows that IS what you want to shoot. CP3 I can agree lives off the midrange shot, he obviously can make 3’s though and he brings a lot more to the game than just his scoring.

and sure, if Derozan got to where he was a 35%+ three point shooter, he would be crazy good. Thing is he’s 31 and never has done it…no reason to think it suddenly changes now. And it actually hurts his teammates offense due to no defender coming out to the 3 point line when Derozan is off ball out there
Well Derozan is more than just midrange jumpers too, but sure I get your point.

Well we have seen players who work on their shot over an offseason and go from shooting no 3s to becoming snipers in a short period of time (ie Channing Frye). We also have seen players who do work on their shots over time and go from being poor shooters to acceptable shooters later in their careers (JKidd, Rondo). The precedence is there, he just needs to do it. I don't know if he will, but if I was in his crew, I'd be telling him to

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
For me that age comment comes out of a few things.

We already have 2 wing players in Zach and PWill

Vuc is an all star player at a position of need, if we didn't have Vuc and got Derozan instead I probably wouldn't complain but I'm sure you'd agree between the two Vuc is the better fit. Given the needs of the team, I'd rather spend that money on a 31 yo PG who's of the same caliber if the choice is there

But in a vacuum is Derozan worth a 4 year deal? Sure. The man's a bucket, has good playmaking skills, can create his own shot off the dribble, and is a decent defender. If he could shoot 3s he'd be bargaining for a max contract.
P will just as capable of playing the 4, which he did last year. That’s part of his allure is his versatility. I think calling him a wing player is a bit disingenuous especially in today’s game of more positionless basketball.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
P will just as capable of playing the 4, which he did last year. That’s part of his allure is his versatility. I think calling him a wing player is a bit disingenuous especially in today’s game of more positionless basketball.
Yeah I get that. I mean, Derozan was played at the 4 this year also. Small ball is a thing and it's not like Derozan would force PWill out of the rotation or something, that's not what I'm saying. But what we'd need more than what Derozan brings is what a PG would bring. Derozan is a great secondary ball handler/PnR player but not a primary.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Yeah I get that. I mean, Derozan was played at the 4 this year also. Small ball is a thing and it's not like Derozan would force PWill out of the rotation or something, that's not what I'm saying. But what we'd need more than what Derozan brings is what a PG would bring. Derozan is a great secondary ball handler/PnR player but not a primary.
I think between Rose, LaVine, DeRozan, Coby, Vuc, the Bulls would have a plethora of ball handlers and play makers. Now, are any of them the purest of PGs like a John Stockton? No, but Rose IS a legit PG. It’s not like he’s Ben Gordon. The ball movement and play making with that starting lineup should be outstanding. Hard to defend a team with 4 guys who can handle and pass the ball.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think between Rose, LaVine, DeRozan, Coby, Vuc, the Bulls would have a plethora of ball handlers and play makers. Now, are any of them the purest of PGs like a John Stockton? No, but Rose IS a legit PG. It’s not like he’s Ben Gordon. The ball movement and play making with that starting lineup should be outstanding. Hard to defend a team with 4 guys who can handle and pass the ball.
If we're getting Rose also then yeah I have no issue with Derozan on the team at that point because we then have all the pieces in place at making a solid playoff run. Are we winning a title with that team? Ehh probably not, but that's a good mix of vets and young guys that could make Chicago a destination that's more appealing for future FAs. You'd still have to shuffle some guys as salaries would still be a thing to work around, but we'd be in a better position than now imo.

If the choice is Derozan or a PG of equal caliber, then I will take the PG.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wasn't @RamiTheBullsFan saying the bulls wouldn't be good before the season? I could be wrong
Posted this in another thread on this forum in the preseason:

The Bulls are a 45-52 win team. Defense somewhere mediocre (14th-20th range) and offense potentially very good (top 10). They shouldn't be serious contenders this year. But they will be tough. Caruso will be a second unit leader. White, Green, Jones, and Bradley finish off a nice bench. LaVine will shine with shooters surrounding him and DeRozan (who is a great end-of-shot clock guy to take pressure off of him)

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wasn't @RamiTheBullsFan saying the bulls wouldn't be good before the season? I could be wrong
If you want his full quote, it's here:

I have a hard time thinking they'll be in the realm of Brooklyn (Kyrie or not).

Milwaukee has arguably the best player in the league and a closer in Middleton. They are the proven champs.

Hawks are loaded. Young and quality starters and bench pieces.

Miami has Butler (better than LaVine or DeRozan, obviously), Adebayo, Lowry, Oladipo, Tucker, Robinson, Herro. They should be better.

If Simmons plays the whole season in Philly, I can see them as better than the Bulls.

Other than that, other teams will have a hard time with Chicago.

Knicks have Walker and Rose. Barrett is up-and-coming. Randle is decent. Robinson, Gibson, and Noel can man the 5 spot. And Fournier helps. Thibs had them improve greatly on D, but I honestly believe the Bulls should be better.

Boston has Tatum and Brown. But I'd rather have the coach and roster surrounding LaVine and DeRozan than the pieces surrounding the C's rising young star wings.

Indiana really shouldn't be as good as the Bulls. A lot of the upside Sabonis gives them, Vucevic gives the Bulls (not saying he's as good). Indy might be somewhat better defensively, but nowhere close offensively.

The Bulls are a 45-52 win team. Defense somewhere mediocre (14th-20th range) and offense potentially very good (top 10). They shouldn't be serious contenders this year. But they will be tough. Caruso will be a second unit leader. White, Green, Jones, and Bradley finish off a nice bench. LaVine will shine with shooters surrounding him and DeRozan (who is a great end-of-shot clock guy to take pressure off of him).

Future tense- they can be scary a couple years down the road if Pat Williams and Lonzo Ball pan out to be All-Stars. I wouldn't necessarily predict that. But at the very least, they are both very young and will improve.
Bulls have beaten the Nets twice, but hard to say they could beat them in a playoff series. Won't know until you try.

Bulls haven't played Milwaukee yet, but Giannis has taken the lead in the MVP race.

Hawks have been extremely disappointing this season

Miami is up and down, but has had major health issues. Have beat Bulls twice.

Philly has had health issues, playing much better lately, have beaten Bulls twice.

Knicks have sucked and not lived up to expectations.

Celtics are also rather disappointing.

Indy has basically collapsed.

Bulls are over performing lately, but their defensive range currently sits at 13th which isn't far from Rami's prediction. Offense ranks 6th. With Caruso in the lineup, the Bulls were a Top 10 defense.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Wait…you mean rami didn’t give the full text of what he actually said?! I find that shocking!

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you want his full quote, it's here:

Bulls have beaten the Nets twice, but hard to say they could beat them in a playoff series. Won't know until you try.

Bulls haven't played Milwaukee yet, but Giannis has taken the lead in the MVP race.

Hawks have been extremely disappointing this season

Miami is up and down, but has had major health issues. Have beat Bulls twice.

Philly has had health issues, playing much better lately, have beaten Bulls twice.

Knicks have sucked and not lived up to expectations.

Celtics are also rather disappointing.

Indy has basically collapsed.

Bulls are over performing lately, but their defensive range currently sits at 13th which isn't far from Rami's prediction. Offense ranks 6th. With Caruso in the lineup, the Bulls were a Top 10 defense.
The Hawks got off to a slow start last year and ended up getting scarily close to the finals. They've got talent, and won't rule them out completely yet.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The Hawks got off to a slow start last year and ended up getting scarily close to the finals. They've got talent, and won't rule them out completely yet.
I don't know, last year it seemed to be the coach. They went 14-20, fired the coach then finished 27-11 with Nate McMillan to get the 5th seed. Beat the Knicks handily, beat the Sixers in 7 before bowing out to the Bucks in 6 (last two games in which Giannis didn't play).

This year their 17-22 with that coach they finished strong last year with. Granted they've been hit hard with COVID for about a month now, but that slow start to the season may end up biting them in the butt. Playoffs is certainly within reach, but I don't see them getting back to a 5th seed or better.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I get major 2011 vibes when it comes to this current Bulls team and how the season is playing out.