REPORT: Bulls Ready to Spend Big Money in Free Agency

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
More like Durant or Giannis this time around.
I know, I was joking.

I've been saying for awhile the Bulls prob lose to Nets or Bucks.

At least soon the Bulls will play the Bucks, so we can get a taste of what that matchup looks like.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I know, I was joking.

At least soon the Bulls will play the Bucks, so we can get a taste of what that matchup looks like.
Again, I'll refer back to 2011.

That said, I do think Billy D will adjust in the playoffs a lot better adjusting to a 7 game series than what Thibs did in 2011.

Although, I can see how a team like the Raptors, Sixers, and Heat can be very tough matchups in the second round.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know, I was joking.

Yeah…

I thought our defense would be a lot worse. I thought we’d be punished inside and on the perimeter.

I think Covid chaos has protected us a bit and depth has made more value than the void at PF has cost us.

I’m sure they have played well enough to attract a veteran trade or late season buy-out.

How impossible is a Kevin love rental…like a slow move to L.A….we keep him for 2022 playoffs.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Again, I'll refer back to 2011.

That said, I do think Billy D will adjust in the playoffs a lot better adjusting to a 7 game series than what Thibs did in 2011.

Although, I can see how a team like the Raptors, Sixers, and Heat can be very tough matchups in the second round.
Yeah, thibs wasn’t the biggest adjuster. His lineups and rotations were pretty much etched in stone and he did not mix/match. Although, could have been more of an indictment on the talent at that time.

This Bulls team differs a lot though because I think they’re deeper top to bottom. The Bulls really had no offense or play makers outside of Rose. Deng/Noah were both limited offensively. Noah was obviously a great passer, and Deng a decent slasher and midrange shooter, but not ideal recipe in the playoffs. Especially against a stacked Heat team.

Bulls have multiple defense breakers and guy s who can get their own points. Specifically, Zach, Demar, Vuc, and Coby. Vuc is better when assisted, but he can still get points in the paint when needed. That’s 4 guys vs 1 compared to the 2010-11 team.

This team also has highly efficient scorers like Lonzo and two way players like Ayo/Caruso. DJJ is highly efficient as well.

That 2010-11 team were better defensively, but it was also a much different game back then. This team is top 10 D when healthy and much, much more potent offensively than the 2010 team.