Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
That pick could be a top 2 depending on Brooklyn.. If Bulls took that deal they could have had Brooklyn's pick, Mavericks Pick (non-lottery), the Kings lottery pick (11th or higher) and their own lottery (depending on how they finish).

Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

Chicago Bulls turned down Boston Celtics offer for Jimmy Butler

jimmy-butler-nba-chicago-bulls-denver-nuggets2-850x560.jpg

[h=2]The Chicago Bulls had an offer for Jimmy Butler and turned it down[/h]It appears that at least one team had interest in Chicago Bulls shooting guard Jimmy Butler this NBA trade deadline. According to Steve Bulpett of the Boston Herald, the Boston Celtics put together a trade package for shooting guard Jimmy Butler but the Bulls turned it down.In his report Bulpett states that the offer was two first round picks, Dallas' pick that is protected and the Brooklyn Nets pick. The Celtics have stocked up first rounders over the years to use as trade bait and at least attempted to shift the scale in the Eastern Conference.The interesting part is that the Mavericks' pick is protected No. 1 through No. 1, however, the Nets pick could turn out to be the No. 1 overall pick. The Nets are going into the lottery and are almost guaranteed a top three pick at this point in season. He also noted that the Bulls weren't "actively shopping" Butler, but if the right deal was there they could do it.The Chicago Tribune's K.C. Johnson confirmed the report but said talks didn't advance because the Bulls called it a "low ball" offer:https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/705187494057385985Butler is averaging 22.4 points, 4.3 assists and 5.2 rebounds per game and was selected to play in the NBA All-Star Game. He did not play in the game due to injury and has missed the past few weeks. He's expected to return Saturday.It's obvious it will take a lot more to get Butler than what the Celtics offered, but at this stage with the team falling into ninth place in the Eastern Conference is it time to rebuild for the future?

More...

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I just bought a Jimmy Butler jersey so I am happy about that.

The fact that we could have landed Ben Simmons makes me angry though.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
If the offer was Crowder, Johnson, and two 1st round picks and the Bulls turned it down, I hate this organization more than ever.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Da fuq? How do you turn it down when its painfully obvious you have to rebuild? Y'all are so re-signing Pau Gasol.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
You mean we could have made the trade with Sacramento and this trade with the Celtics....

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Welp... :enough:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only way I'm trading Butler is after the lottery when you know you have a top 2 pick included in whatever package. It's not just a coincidence that this team is 3-9 since his injury.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
tumblr_m0lmyqlrg71qbzdhe.gif~c200

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The only way I'm trading Butler is after the lottery when you know you have a top 2 pick included in whatever package. It's not just a coincidence that this team is 3-9 since his injury.

That is a good point and could be what ends up happening. Also, the Sacramento pick will be decided as to whether or not the Bulls can use it next year as well as where in the draft their own pick will be.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

But why would a team who has a top 2 pick trade for Butler? That's a rather odd line of thinking there.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
If your plan is to stockpile draft picks and aim to have the best college sophomore team in the conference, then yeah they were dumb to turn that down. If it really existed.

I look at the Timberwolves who have had multiple draft picks and been in the lottery for years and are nowhere close to ever being considered contenders. That only works if you get lucky and hit on the top 3 pick who becomes a genuine superstar and pulls your team up with him. It's just too huge of a gamble on some 19 year old who only played one year of college ball because he had to and may or may not have any team concept and may or may not have peaked at 20 years old.