Report: Jay Cutler wants to play for the Texans

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
http://hou.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Jay-Cutler-wants-to-play-for-the-Texans-51583185

The whirlwind surrounding Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler is about to get even stronger.

According to Charlie Campbell of Walter Football, Cutler wants to play next season for the Houston Texans.

"Cutler likes the situation in Houston with a No. 1 receiver in DeAndre Hopkins, a fast secondary receiver in Will Fuller, the eighth-ranked rushing offense led by Lamar Miller, and the No. 1 defense in the NFL," Campbell wrote. "While Cutler has had issues with interceptions in his career, many around the league believe he would be an upgrade over Texans' 2016 starter Brock Osweiler, who struggled with interceptions and a lack of accuracy last year. Cutler would bring more accuracy and experience to the position with the arm to push the ball vertically to Hopkins and Fuller."

Want to keep up with the Bears during the NFL Scouting Combine? Take a second to sign up for our FREE Bears newsletter! Take a second to sign up for our FREE Bears newsletter!

The Bears are actively trying to trade Cutler, but the assumption is if the team is unable to find a deal, they will just release the veteran quarterback.

According to Campbell, the Texans are expected to go after Tony Romo if he hits the open market, but Cutler will be a consideration if they are unable to land Romo.

Houston signed the unproven Brock Osweiler to a four-year, $72 million contract last offseason with $37 million guaranteed, but the former second-round pick threw for just 2,957 yards in 15 games with 14 starts with 15 touchdowns and 16 interceptions.

Cutler has had interception issues of his own in his career, but he would be a clear upgrade over Osweiler at this point.

If Chicago releases the veteran quarterback sometime soon, look for Houston to be in on Cutler if they are unable to broker a deal for Romo.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Doubt Texans go for him

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I'd be happy for Cutler but I doubt the Texans are going to put that much money towards the QB position. They just need to make sure they improve their offensive line since their defense is already good and they have some playmakers on offense. I also don't think Osweiler is as bad as some people think, I guess we'll see.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Lol with all that supporting cast Cutler would still be mediocre.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So do I.

I also want a bottle of Lagavulin, and a pony, and a jet, and the chance to shoot a bullet through Hitlers nut.

No, not Sniper Elite 3, for realz.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I actually like the fit for Houston. Cutler got to the NFC championship game with a great defense and little to no weapons on offense.

He gets a great defense, a solid RB in Miller, Hopkins is a beast and Cutler can really show off that arm with Will Fuller out there.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
The fit makes sense and he's better than Brock. The Texans are built to win now.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Sold.

We'll take anything.

A 7th rounder? Sold.

Good fucking riddance.

GFY Jay

AussieBear

houston can cut LT brown and CB robinson and create an additional 16 mil i think.. perhaps restructure and still save

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What has Jay Cutler done in his career to be able to pick and choose where he goes to play?

billwade

Liked Posts:
So do I.

I also want a bottle of Lagavulin, and a pony, and a jet, and the chance to shoot a bullet through Hitlers nut.

No, not Sniper Elite 3, for realz.

Have you tried Glen Scotia?

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Too many threads

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Yet still better than Osweiler. If im the texans im picking up Cutler as soon as hes cut.

Oh yeah, he's much better than Brock. It's just funny that Cutler of all people would end up in the best QB 'vacancies' in the NFL.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Might be the only team where Cutler is better than the starter

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh god please let this happen. It'll be fun watching him crush the dreams of Texan fans while he does nothing with yet another roster full of playmakers and league leading defense.