Report: Kyle Fuller won't be returning to the Bears

ping001

Liked Posts:
I understand there is some risk to him. He had knee surgery in 2016 and has been up and down, but given the lack of quality in a premium position I think it would be smart to try to resign him. This is where Pace seems to not understand value. He did it with Alshon and now Fuller?.
Why the hell does he give a big contract to the giraffe and a guy who only showed up for 1 game in Wheaton.

Matt2012

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
As others have said, La Canfora as the source pretty much guarantees Fuller is staying. The dude is a fucking joke.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't mind. I don't trust a guy who was garbage until a try hard contract year, and isn't good at finding the ball on deeper routes. Now there's a very high chance of Minkah or Ward.
Very much this. One standout season where he was still marginally better than Prince. Better use of that money elsewhere.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As others have said, La Canfora as the source pretty much guarantees Fuller is staying. The dude is a fucking joke.

It is funny he is affiliated with CBS, for whatever that's worth. Seems he would be a better fit at SportsMockery.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Very much this. One standout season where he was still marginally better than Prince. Better use of that money elsewhere.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

If he isn't out to break the bank I'd like to see him stay.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't mind. I don't trust a guy who was garbage until a try hard contract year, and isn't good at finding the ball on deeper routes. Now there's a very high chance of Minkah or Ward.

It’s funny that last year these guys were all about draft a safety or CB. It seems like Minkah is a much better prospect then anyone last year and nobody wants him. They would rather have a OG when there are good options in FA and in later rounds for OG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have the FA CB class ranked

Trumaine Johnson
Malcom Butler
Vontae Davis
Kyle Fuller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
If Fuller goes to another team and delivers, then Pace is officially an idiot GM and does not know dick when it comes to FA and building a team. He can draft a bit but it's starting to look like he's a bit of a Special person when it comes to FA.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Just creates another hole in the starting lineup if true, which already has plenty of them.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

He was amazing for the first few games of his career. He didn't play in 2016 which is not garbage just irresponsible.

You are looking at the situation wrong. If the Bears had kept Fuller and drafted Minkah or Ward and they were better than Fuller, they would be replacing Fuller and Fuller would replace the #2 CB position which he would be better than people who will be on the team.

What you get with Fuller leaving is Minkah or Ward replacing whoever would have been the #2 CB if Fuller had stayed. Fuller is getting replaced by the worst CB on the team.

Adding to the fact is that Fuller has shown that he is effective in Fangio's defense while Ward or Minkah have not even proved they can even play in the NFL.

Best case scenario, the CBs are slightly better than they were in 2017. Worst case scenario, the rookie CB is a bust and our #2 CB and #3 CBs are a disaster when they are forced to play as the Bears #1 and #2 CBs.

It is past time that we stop letting our homegrown talent walk away for free.