Report: Matt Nagy met with Bears ownership Tuesday before canceling rest of day's meetings

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Nagy shouldn't expect any less. He was hired to build a NFL offense. He not only didn't accomplish that but his offense is one of the worst in the NFL over the last couple years. The only reason he has a winning record is because the defense was exceptional early in his tenure.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Collaboration. The rest of the league is jealous.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t care for Nagy as a coach and will be happy to see him go.
That said… if he is canned after Thursday, that’s a pretty low class shit way to do it.

Better or worse to tell him on Tues or when it happens? Breakups are tough regardless, but he's got a job to do. Certainly would be pissing in a guy's turkey gravy knowing that though.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
He’s getting paid regardless let’s stop the caping here. It’s not like Scrooge firing his employee and leaving his family broke for the holidays

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This is a shitstain on the organisation. If they let him go before the end of the year, before tomorrow became that time. At this point, anything but finishing the season with Nagy will make the Bear appear a dis-organisation.
Not letting him go before week 17 with the new coaching search rule would be a far greater failure by the FO.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know about anyone else here, but if the Bears lose tomorrow, I won't be sad.

It will just give the Bears another reason to fire the bum

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Being evasive with the media is one thing (many coaches do that), but it's pretty hilarious that Nagy speaks in innuendos and generalities even behind closed doors, to the point where even his own players are fed up with it. I can give him somewhat of a pass doing that with the media, but once you do that with players behind closed doors, you're done. I do feel bad for him and think he's a decent guy, but he has no idea how to be a head coach in any capacity.
What's to feel bad about? Guy was given a multi-million dollar dream job he was never qualified to have,refused to do anything to correct the basic level shit even fans could see were wrong, is kind of an arrogant prick, and is going to make more money doing nothing next year than most people make in a lifetime.

So he has to endure a few days of deserved (mostly) humiliation. We should all be so burdened.

Granada

Liked Posts:
What's to feel bad about? Guy was given a multi-million dollar dream job he was never qualified to have,refused to do anything to correct the basic level shit even fans could see were wrong, is kind of an arrogant prick, and is going to make more money doing nothing next year than most people make in a lifetime.

So he has to endure a few days of deserved (mostly) humiliation. We should all be so burdened.

If you want to have absolutely zero sympathy for the guy, go for it, no one's stopping you. I want Nagy gone as much as the next guy, but it's got to be a tough situation for him and his family, especially getting heckled at your son's football game, knowing you're about to get fired around the holidays to boot, etc.

Granada

Liked Posts:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If you want to have absolutely zero sympathy for the guy, go for it, no one's stopping you. I want Nagy gone as much as the next guy, but it's got to be a tough situation for him and his family, especially getting heckled at your son's football game, knowing you're about to get fired around the holidays to boot, etc.
Besides the inappropriate heckling at his kids game, the guy is about to be paid probably $5M + to do nothing for an entire year. There are plenty of people to feel sympathy for but Matt Nagy is not one of them. Maybe he will deal with themental trauma by taking a 3 month spa vacation to Tahiti.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Besides the inappropriate heckling at his kids game, the guy is about to be paid probably $5M + to do nothing for an entire year. There are plenty of people to feel sympathy for but Matt Nagy is not one of them. Maybe he will deal with themental trauma by taking a 3 month spa vacation to Tahiti.

You're strictly looking at it from a financial perspective and nothing else.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This is a shitstain on the organisation. If they let him go before the end of the year, before tomorrow became that time. At this point, anything but finishing the season with Nagy will make the Bear appear a dis-organisation.
The biggest mistake was not blowing it all up EOY last season. While i would have completely clean house a year sooner, i understand that it wasn't reasonable from a letting things play out perspective. Last season made it completely obvious that they needed to get rid of Pace and Nagy. So how do they follow things up? They both come back and not only do they spend a 1st round pick on a QB, they spend future picks on him plus another player.

I love Fields and believe in him, but that was a move that should have been made by a new GM and HC. So whats next? Are you going to fire Nagy and let Pace make another coaching hire? Then what? Does Pace get to stick around another 3 years to play out Fields rookie deal and 3 years with a new coach or do you fire him after 1 more bad season with a new coach?

None of this makes sense. It never does with these morons.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You're strictly looking at it from a financial perspective and nothing else.
What else is there to consider? He is just getting fired from a job? One where he gets paid for another whole fucking year to do nothing. His health is not effected. His families well being is not effected. He isn't being foreclosed on.

You said he has "no idea how to be a head coach in any capacity," "is evasive", "speaks in innuendos and generalities even behind closed doors, to the point where even his own players are fed up with it," and "want Nagy gone as much as the next guy," so what do you feel bad about? That he can't celebrate Native American Thanks for forcefully Giving us your land day without the specter of losing a job he is unqualified to have?

I seriously don't know what to feel bad about for him.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Once again this organization is looking dysfunctional and void of real leadership.

Granada

Liked Posts:
What else is there to consider? He is just getting fired from a job? One where he gets paid for another whole fucking year to do nothing. His health is not effected. His families well being is not effected. He isn't being foreclosed on.

You said he has "no idea how to be a head coach in any capacity," "is evasive", "speaks in innuendos and generalities even behind closed doors, to the point where even his own players are fed up with it," and "want Nagy gone as much as the next guy," so what do you feel bad about? That he can't celebrate Native American Thanks for forcefully Giving us your land day without the specter of losing a job he is unqualified to have?

I seriously don't know what to feel bad about for him.

If you need me to explain to you why looking at it from strictly a financial perspective is one-dimensional and obtuse, there's no point in me wasting my time. You're essentially suggesting that it's not worth it for you to feel bad for the guy simply because he's rich, lol.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If you need me to explain to you why looking at it from strictly a financial perspective is one-dimensional and obtuse, there's no point in me wasting my time. You're essentially suggesting that it's not worth it for you to feel bad for the guy simply because he's rich, lol.
No, I am seriously asking what is it that you feel bad for him about? And do you real feel bad, like it affects you bad, or is it just a phrase you are using?

Is it because he will be jobless? There are 1000's of jobs available, he is a licensed realtor, realtors are pretty much printing money.

Or should I feel a bad that a multimillionaire can't keep his job that he is unqualified for as a football coach playing a game, you know, cause he really reeeeeaaaally wants it?

If you actually feel bad for Nagy, then you must feel bad for 100's of millions of other people you don't know and that would require prescription level medication to not live in a constant state of suicidal depression.

Last edited: