Report: Poles ‘gut’ told him not to trade twice in top ten of 2023 draft

Montucky

Liked Posts:
He is a fucking idiot who got bamboozled last off-season and now is broken and pulls the trigger way too fast on deals. Sort of like how Ryan Pace wanted Amari Cooper but didn't trade up and ended up with Kevin White so he spent the rest of his career making really bad trades just to make sure he could get what he wanted. Ryan Poles already has the same baggage going on.

He sold first overall for pennies on the dollar so he could get fucking DJ Moore. At least if he had that idea he could've gotten a pick or two from the Texans plus this exact same deal from Carolina.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He is a fucking idiot who got bamboozled last off-season and now is broken and pulls the trigger way too fast on deals. Sort of like how Ryan Pace wanted Amari Cooper but didn't trade up and ended up with Kevin White so he spent the rest of his career making really bad trades just to make sure he could get what he wanted. Ryan Poles already has the same baggage going on.

He sold first overall for pennies on the dollar so he could get fucking DJ Moore. At least if he had that idea he could've gotten a pick or two from the Texans plus this exact same deal from Carolina.
lol you're so mad

MurrDogg34

Liked Posts:
This is the worst click bait headline I've seen in a while. At no point does he say he turned down an offer. He said there were talks, but when Carolina included Moore he said his gut told him to accept the deal instead of waiting on Houston. He also said in his conference that he wasn't sure if Carolina would continue to offer Moore if he waited. Leave it to dumb ass Bears fans to take it out of context to fit their narrative...especially on this website.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
It certainly sounds like Houston was was willing to give up a #1 next season. If so, I think he should have taken it. It is also likely that this was just leverage which forced CAR to trade. I can't imagine Houston giving up what would be a top 5 pick next year to move up one slot. That likely was not on the table.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Would have Carolina been willing to move up from #9 to #2, while giving up a lot of capital, with the possibility of not drafting the QB they wanted?!? I doubt it. And if so, they weren’t adding DJ Moore.

On a side note, I hope he called Houston while the deal was on the table with Carolina to see if they would add some juice. Or maybe Houston balked.

The only grip I have with the Carolina trade is grabbing SF’s traded second rd pick and not Carolina’s.

Last edited:

Montucky

Liked Posts:
At the very least it was stupid to make the deal as early as Ryan Poles made it.

It was reported that the Bears wanted to wrap up the deal before free agency, but I don't see what about the Bears free agent strategy of loading up on off-ball linebackers, runningbacks and signing Nate Davis had to do with trading first overall. Now Poles is saying he was afraid teams would get cold feet as time goes on? That makes no sense. These guys all showed up super dialed for the combine, they aren't going to blow off their pro-day.

Like I said, this dude has baggage from Larry Ogunjobi and Ryan Bates.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Would have Carolina been willing to move up from #9 to #2, while giving up a lot of capital, and have the possibly of not drafting the QB they wanted?!? I doubt it. And if so, they weren’t adding DJ Moore.

On a side note, I hope he called Houston while the deal was on the table with Carolina to see if they would add some juice. Or maybe Houston balked.
Add some juice? Houston is a signficantly better better bet to have a bad 2023 season than Carolina is and second overall is still worth a ton in a trade. The juice was there, why didn't Ryan Poles take it?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Add some juice? Houston is a signficantly better better bet to have a bad 2023 season than Carolina is and second overall is still worth a ton in a trade. The juice was there, why didn't Ryan Poles take it?
Obviously Houston’s original offer wasn’t as good as Carolina’s, hence the needed juice knowing Carolina presented a better offer.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
It was smart to do it now for a few reasons:

1. The closer to the draft it gets, the less control Poles had. Carolina could have traded up with AZ if we waited, etc..., tried to sign Lamar, etc.. Many things could have happened between now and the draft.
2. Having a stud WR before free agency removed a major need.

Poles had control of the situation as much as possible as soon as FA started and so he took the best value at the time, to avoid risking losing value as it became closer to the draft.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
It was smart to do it now for a few reasons:

1. The closer to the draft it gets, the less control Poles had. Carolina could have traded up with AZ if we waited, etc..., tried to sign Lamar, etc.. Many things could have happened between now and the draft.
2. Having a stud WR before free agency removed a major need.

Poles had control of the situation as much as possible as soon as FA started and so he took the best value at the time, to avoid risking losing value as it became closer to the draft.
He's not really a stud wide receiver.

Speed

Liked Posts:
I would've loved to hedge our bet on 2 different teams so we could have two cracks at praying on some other team's downfall, but I'm not disappointed in the least. I get his logic, and getting Moore in the deal helps your QB right now.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

monkforasia

Liked Posts:
How would you text if Carolina and Houston made a trade and Carolina got a first for next year? Again this is hypothetical.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

Okay so all the rest of this nonsense aside... What is your definition of pennies on the dollar? I'm certain you are talking out of your ass.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Double trade down would've been epic but at the same time, Poles got a #1 WR on a team friendly contract while still adding multiple high picks so I cannot complain.
D.J. Moore is a stud they might not have been able to replace with the three 1sts they’d of had next year. Thinking he can make his first Pro Bowl with the Bears.