Report: Wentz Traded to Colts

Rise

Liked Posts:
I gotta be honest I’m a little disappointed this didn’t go down because I like my false hope in the off-season. While I’m 90% sure Wentz would have bombed here it would have been something to look forward to.

now what?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I've never believed that this is a win-or-else year. I think all Pace and Nagy will need to show is that they're "headed in the right direction," unfortunately. George doesn't have the stomach for another GM search and any excuse to keep Pace will be enough. I can't believe people don't see this. This will be even more apparently when they roll into the opener with Foles as their quarterback.
It depends on their contracts that the mccaskeys don’t want to give details about. One thing is for sure I don’t think bothpace and Naggy futures are intertwined. I can see pace sticking around and Naggy shown the door. But everything comes down to when the rumors happened that they got extended what are the details? How long? How much? Why eat the salaries when they get the fan support no matter what? Without fans in the stadium there was no pressure at all to make any moves that would cost them $$$

2Deep

Liked Posts:
Um....

No one I've seen has said that. I am very happy he is going to the Colts and not coming here...

BEARS

I disagree......

Example one:
"Bears will end up with Nick Foles starting again. I think I’m going to be sick"

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Fans won't be happy, but it's the more responsible approach given our cap situation. I've been thinking they'll add a veteran to the room to go along with Foles and an early pick. The question is will they trade up in the first.
I’m just wondering, because if they do trade up in the draft and the kid shows promise, surely they could point to that as a sign of growth & keep their jobs. I get what you’re saying with the fans but they didn’t care about pissing everyone off early last month.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I've never believed that this is a win-or-else year. I think all Pace and Nagy will need to show is that they're "headed in the right direction," unfortunately. George doesn't have the stomach for another GM search and any excuse to keep Pace will be enough. I can't believe people don't see this. This will be even more apparently when they roll into the opener with Foles as their quarterback.
True. This franchise did try to spin a 6-game losing streak as a positive and a good reason to not fire these guys, so we can’t assume anything.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
they trade up and take Jones or Lance at 12

No guarantees either are there or that a trade can be aranged. Or that either are good.

Think the chances are high they end up with Foles and Dalton/Fitz/Cam/etc in camp competing for the starting job.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Wonder what the conditions are for that to turn into a first. I'm a little relieved but also that's not too hefty a price.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Actually this does make me wonder what this means for the Watson trade. Eagles wanted a Stafford deal, but settled for a 3rd and conditional 1st/2nd. Does this mean if Watson holds firm (like Wentz) could that price drop?
Well the Eagles were never going to get a Stafford deal because of how poorly Wentz played and the Eagles obvious desperation to escape cap hell by trading him. That was just a delusion or media garbage, Wentz was always worth a fraction of Stafford.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think drafting one is looking like the most responsible thing right now. But I just can’t trust these assholes ?

Yeah, makes the most sense. They couldn't get into the Stafford bidding, what makes anyone think they could with Watson? Even Carr is out of range. Winston or Fitzpatrick? You might as well stay with Foles....those two won't be much better. Gotta draft a QB.....but for God's sake....draft one that can play.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No guarantees either are there or that a trade can be aranged. Or that either are good.

Think the chances are high they end up with Foles and Dalton/Fitz/Cam/etc in camp competing for the starting job.
Oh yeah. Top 5 pick for the new gm

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Andy Dalton come on down!
PolishedIcyDarwinsfox-size_restricted.gif

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah, makes the most sense. They couldn't get into the Stafford bidding, what makes anyone think they could with Watson? Even Carr is out of range. Winston or Fitzpatrick? You might as well stay with Foles....those two won't be much better. Gotta draft a QB.....but for God's sake....draft one that can play.
One thing I will say for Fitzpatrick is that if you’re going to draft a QB then he’s probably a better bridge than Foles is. I’ve no idea who they’ll target in the draft, though.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

pace and nagy are desperate, and a young QB buys them at least another year. they’ll trade up even if they have to over pay.