Report: Wentz Traded to Colts

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One thing I will say for Fitzpatrick is that if you’re going to draft a QB then he’s probably a better bridge than Foles is. I’ve no idea who they’ll target in the draft, though.
I think they are both intelligent professional good teammates who can bridge.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
F*** Carson Wentz!! He is a little whiny b***!! Eagles let Carson Wentz f**** them over again,by going where he wanted and screwing them over with little draft capital.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Thank god! What a terrible trade for the Colts.

Detroit looking like a well run organization after today. I cannot believe a team was stupid enough to give up picks for Carson Wentz after seeing what the Rams had to give up to get rid of Goff.

Time to focus on Zach Wilson and Trey Lance now.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Detroit looking like a well run organization after today. I cannot believe a team was stupid enough to give up picks for Carson Wentz after seeing what the Rams had to give up to get rid of Goff.

Good luck with that...

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Focus on them because we may play against them in 2021?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds as if either Pace was not seriously interested or offered what he thought Wentz was worth which was less than the Colts. Or possibly, wanted Foles off the books and Philly said no thanks.

yeah. doubt pace offered less. bet you wentz was a bitch about going to the bears and scared them off.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Well the Eagles were never going to get a Stafford deal because of how poorly Wentz played and the Eagles obvious desperation to escape cap hell by trading him. That was just a delusion or media garbage, Wentz was always worth a fraction of Stafford.
Let's really compare the two deals:

Eagles got:
- 2021 3rd rounder (84th overall)
- 2022 2nd rounder that can become a first if Wentz plays in 75%+ of the snaps OR if he plays in 70%+ of snaps and the Colts make the playoffs.

Colts play in the same division as the Titans, Texans and Jags. IMHO they are the best team, so have a good chance of making the playoffs. I'm thinking this has a higher than 50% chance to be a lower 2022 first rounder.

Lions got:
- 2021 third-round draft pick (88th overall)
- 2022 first-round draft pick
- 2023 first-round draft pick - This was considered as needed to offset taking on Goff's contract
- QB Jared Goff - He was considered a negative asset in the trade (like Brock Osweiler, but more expensive).

So when the Eagles were saying a 'Stafford type return' for Wentz they obviously were not in a position to take on the Goff contract, so the focal point was the 1st and the 3rd. The media looked at the Stafford deal as 2 first, a 3rd and a player while the reality was it was more like 2 separate trades being Stafford for a 1st and a 3rd along with Goff and a 2023 first to offset his contract.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Glazer's reporting is typically bang on. I'd believe it, but I'd also say Pace and Roseman could have talked through the parameters of a trade without there being a firm offer ever being made.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I'm cool with that to be honest. I'm fine with the Bears being a team the Eagles come to when they've run out of trade candidates, but the Bears approaching the Eagles as the buyer? For Carson Wentz? I don't feel like we really missed out here.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
F*** Carson Wentz!! He is a little whiny b***!! Eagles let Carson Wentz f**** them over again,by going where he wanted and screwing them over with little draft capital.
It's really interesting. I know in the NBA players have a lot more power. They can force their teams to trade them and even tell them where they want to go. If that's what really happened in the Wentz deal then it's probably the first time I can recall this happening in the NFL.

NFL players have forced themselves out of a city (like Ramsey), but I haven't seen them pick the location as well.