Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
There's NO WAY Nagy and Pace can trot Foles(or Fitzpatrick, even though I am not as sour on him) out there next season with their jobs on the line(or so we assume)...

They need to be competitive now, while showing they have a bridge to the future. At this point, I have zero idea what these goofs are going to do, so...

Just go get Carr, and then draft a qb. stack up olinemen, secondary and skill position. And have DeFillipo coach these qbs up if he is so good. Or just go all in for Watson, spending whatever capital you have left to build around him. There is really no other option where you can do both. IDK....

BEARS
They sure as hell can, they did it this year and were giving the seal of approval.say no to Carr unless it cost you only a contract.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually think Wentz wanting to leave boiled down to two things:
  1. Team drafted Hurts - He just was never able to look past that and his trust in the GM who drafted and extended him was gone.
  2. Philly was too big of a media market - He's a small town guy who just didn't do well with the the constant media storm.
These two worked against him all year long. Whenever he'd play bad the media would talk about Hurts.

To combine these and think of Chicago and know it's a bigger pure market. The same type of pressure would have been there, so heading to Indy is probably the best for his head.

I'm just going to throw something out there, the comparisons between how Rodgers responded to Love being drafted were often brought up when talking about the Wentz/Hurts. I agree with that on the surface, but that same pressure is way different when you it's coming from a ~100K populated town in Wisconsin and a ~1.6M populated major US city.

I'm definitely not making excuses for Wentz. I'm just trying to make sense of all this.

well make sense of just trading a franchise QB for pennies.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's really compare the two deals:

Eagles got:
- 2021 3rd rounder (84th overall)
- 2022 2nd rounder that can become a first if Wentz plays in 75%+ of the snaps OR if he plays in 70%+ of snaps and the Colts make the playoffs.

Colts play in the same division as the Titans, Texans and Jags. IMHO they are the best team, so have a good chance of making the playoffs. I'm thinking this has a higher than 50% chance to be a lower 2022 first rounder.

Lions got:
- 2021 third-round draft pick (88th overall)
- 2022 first-round draft pick
- 2023 first-round draft pick - This was considered as needed to offset taking on Goff's contract
- QB Jared Goff - He was considered a negative asset in the trade (like Brock Osweiler, but more expensive).

So when the Eagles were saying a 'Stafford type return' for Wentz they obviously were not in a position to take on the Goff contract, so the focal point was the 1st and the 3rd. The media looked at the Stafford deal as 2 first, a 3rd and a player while the reality was it was more like 2 separate trades being Stafford for a 1st and a 3rd along with Goff and a 2023 first to offset his contract.

That's looking at it through rose colored Eagles glass's.
For starters Goff and Wentz are near equals in stats, the only exception here is that Wentz had one or two decent years then followed by a WTF year where as Goff has not experienced the the high points Wentz did, but nor did he fall of a cliff and land on his head like Wenz did in 2020. Goff has suffered less injuries and also does not come with the character issues that Wentz does. You also making the incorrect assumption that Goff has no value at all, which is completely false. Lions could easily sign Goff then flip him for a 3rd.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Pace must have pushed too hard and offered too much. /greenfont

4ww6z2.jpg

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Bears will end up with Nick Foles starting again. I think I’m going to be sick
At this rate, it's gonna be the same as last season, only Foles is Vet playing for his job. I think until Pace is gone, the Bears are just gonna continue to be QB hell.

The only answer is in the draft, but I don't think he wants to have a prove it year with a rookie, and clearly Nagy wouldn't be able to develop the QB anyways.

Just glad the overrated Ginger isn't gonna be a Bear.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Good fuck him, he didn't wanna be a Bear!

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
if you say so

reality says so try living in it

winning is the only thing that saves them . 5 and 12 with a young guy gets them fired just as 5-12 with an old guy

If they want to hold onto their jobs draft well and and put a team on the field that can win ONE playoff game

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
reality says so try living in it

winning is the only thing that saves them . 5 and 12 with a young guy gets them fired just as 5-12 with an old guy

If they want to hold onto their jobs draft well and and put a team on the field that can win ONE playoff game
you seem like a fun guy at parties

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The risk is definitely worth that trade imo. I hope he plays well so that people can lose their shit all season about how we could have had him. :ROFLMAO:

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm good with this. If I'm Pace I would probably give up what the Colts did for Wentz but nothing more and not if he didn't want to be here.

It's time to look to the draft for QB. Stafford would have been nice but not at that price and Watson isn't happening.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The trade is perfect for this board. We get to have more Chris Ballard arguments regardless of if he's good or bad for the Colts.