Report: Wentz Traded to Colts

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Anyone else starting to think Pace/Nagy seats aren’t that hot and they’ll be allowed to buy time with a young QB in the draft?

I've never believed that this is a win-or-else year. I think all Pace and Nagy will need to show is that they're "headed in the right direction," unfortunately. George doesn't have the stomach for another GM search and any excuse to keep Pace will be enough. I can't believe people don't see this. This will be even more apparently when they roll into the opener with Foles as their quarterback.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

I'm happy it's over, but obviously not happy with the return for my Eagles. Quick thoughts:

- I think the Bears had a better offer discussed, but Wentz wanted to go to the Colts.
- GM Roseman tried to create leverage, but ultimately all sides knew this was the only deal to be done.
- I'm mad at Wentz who first forced the team to trade him then picked a destination, but can't deny the Colts are getting a hell of a QB for a very reasonable cost.
Colts have a good O-line too, so Wentz could end up having a damn good year.

It sure does seem like the Bears could have matched or beat that offer pretty easily, and still had draft ammo to try and fix the o-line/WR.

I have to honestly ask myself if the fact that Foles is already on contract influenced Wentz? Was there bad blood between them?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Philly thought Pace would be Special person and drive the price up but jokes on them, Pace didn't have the capital to be Special person this time

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Sure it's been said already but no is the time when CCS will complain about Pace not getting Wentz when everybody was against it.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Going to bump this when the Colts are 11-5 and we're all shit posting about who the next Bear's next GM will be.

i didn’t want them to get Wentz but I’m almost positive this is what will happen now ?. The football gods are cruel to bears fans

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sweet. Start Foles. Go 3-13. New GM/HC and a top 3 pick. Franchise QB come on down!

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now that I think about it... The Colts trading for Wentz also means I wonder why Watson wouldn't want to go to the Colts, they would be one of the best teams to go to that needs a QB, between them and the Bears, I would say the only teams with enough talent to be a playoff threat with an Average QB, if we are going be last year alone. Guess he don't like Indy...

But if he wants to WIN, Colts honestly be at the top of my list, is I was him...

But if he wanted to stay out of the AFC.... Bears, Saints would top my list... and I'm not thinking of Cap room at a time like this since Brees seems to be heading out the door.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Same division so no chance the Texans would trade Watson to the colts. If I had to guess an nfc team that gets Watson it would be the panthers. They offered the best deal for Stafford I can’t imagine the offer they would put up for Watson. Nobody will be able to touch it in the nfc.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jacoby Brissett better start getting a look lmao

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
BEARS FANS BEFORE TRADE:

We hate Wentz, he sucks as a qb. Nagy and pace are idiots if we trade for him.

BEARS FANS AFTER TRADE:

oh my God, wentz went to the colts. We are going to have Foles be our starter. How can this be..........we will have no real qb. Nagy and pace suck for not getting a real legit QB
Um....

No one I've seen has said that. I am very happy he is going to the Colts and not coming here...

BEARS

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now that I think about it... The Colts trading for Wentz also means I wonder why Watson wouldn't want to go to the Colts, they would be one of the best teams to go to that needs a QB, between them and the Bears, I would say the only teams with enough talent to be a playoff threat with an Average QB, if we are going be last year alone. Guess he don't like Indy...

But if he wants to WIN, Colts honestly be at the top of my list, is I was him...

But if he wanted to stay out of the AFC.... Bears, Saints would top my list... and I'm not thinking of Cap room at a time like this since Brees seems to be heading out the door.
Texans are in the same division as the Colts so that trade wouldn't fly. It would be bad enough giving up a franchise QB, but giving him away to a rival so you could lose to them for a decade?