Reverse engineering the draft

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know everyone wants to build through the draft and all that bullshit but let's assemble a team for THIS year to win it all using our draft picks to trade for current NFL players. We still have like a zillion bucks in cap space so I don't see money as an issue. Try and keep it realistic.

Round 1- I trade the 3rd overall to New Orleans for Drew Brees.

Round 2- I call up Denver and swing a deal for Damaris Thomas.

Round 3- Seattle settles on a high 3rd for Richard Sherman.

Round 4- BB is always looking to replace for the future so I think he'd be willing to deal the often injured Gronk for our first pick in the 4th round.

Round 4- I think diversifying our pass rush is important here so I make a play for Casey Hayward of the Steelers.

Round 5- Zach Strief from New Orleans to play RT.

Round 7- Eric Weems. Boom

Listen, the goal is to win the Superbowl, NOT win the damn draft. Kids are great and everything but I wanna win games so there's my team.

What's yours look like?

AussieBear

so is this ur official final mock draft..

not bad... minus the cap room thang

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
so is this ur official final mock draft..

not bad... minus the cap room thang

No, it doesn't have pictures.

And I think our cap space would be close to being okay, maybe a little over but I can restructure all that since this is make believe.

laputan

Liked Posts:
Final mock

Trade down to 8, get an extra second rounder #40 and a third next year. Panthers trade up for Fournette.

Draft Mahomes at 8.
The way he is out of the pocket is pure Aaron Rodgers, he has the athleticism, playmaking, intelligence and feel for the game. His dad was an MLB relief pitcher and Mahomes himself hit 95 mph in high school, so that arm is special. Highest velocity at the combine, the 78 yard throw at his pro day, racked up yards in college, lightning fast feet, good upbringing hanging around MLB pros in clubhouses, willing to learn. Raw and nowhere near his ceiling like the more polished prospects. He's just screaming I am the highest upside talent in the draft period.

I pick him up at 8 because there is a chance Bills at 10, Saints at 11, Browns at 12, and Arizona at 13 could have surprise interest.

Tell all the media critics and mockers that think a CB or Safety needs to be selected to suck it and check back in 2 years.

With #36 and #40, pick up the first round talent that falls to the second and continue BPA rest of the way.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Innovation still alive on the Board.

Pace is all in this year on Glennon...so I save any picks on a QB.

First Round - 3rd overall to the Giants for OBJ before he catches Brandon Marshall's cancer that recently killed Alshon Jeffrey and Eric Decker.

Second Round - Send the pick to Oakland for two time Pro Bowl Safety Reggie Nelson because all the rest of the AFC West teams have steaming piles of crap at QB anyhow.

Third Round - Send it to Houston for Clowney because he will never be the brightest star on the Defense and the Texans will need the cap space to sign yet another QB for yet another failed Super Bowl run.

Fourth Round - Over to Seattle so they can stop thinking Jimmy Graham will do anything for them and let the Bears just take him. Then give up the other fourth round pick for anyone better Bobbie Massie.

Fifth Round - Give the Jets back that fifth round pick from the B Marsh trade and toss in Jeremy Langford to get Matt Forte back in Chicago. I am sure Matt has learned his lesson by now.

Seventh Round - Trade the pick to the Bucs for Roberto Aguayo so the fanbase can begin to forget the franchise wasted a second round pick on a fucking kicker.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks promising. I think that if Pace can talk Jared Fucking Allen out of retirement the Bears might win every game.

RunRunRunPunt

Liked Posts:
Now that is something refreshing to read

I like the "Fuck it I'm throwing downfield mentality"

Great work OP

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
trade 2017 #3 + 2017 #36 + 2018 1st Rd + 2019 1st Rd to GB for Aaron Rodgers BOOM Bears ready to compete!

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Too late, I feel like #3 could've landed Cooks and Brees, maybe throw in a 4th.

46dogs

Liked Posts:
I know everyone wants to build through the draft and all that bullshit but let's assemble a team for THIS year to win it all using our draft picks to trade for current NFL players. We still have like a zillion bucks in cap space so I don't see money as an issue. Try and keep it realistic.

Round 1- I trade the 3rd overall to New Orleans for Drew Brees.

Round 2- I call up Denver and swing a deal for Damaris Thomas.

Round 3- Seattle settles on a high 3rd for Richard Sherman.

Round 4- BB is always looking to replace for the future so I think he'd be willing to deal the often injured Gronk for our first pick in the 4th round.

Round 4- I think diversifying our pass rush is important here so I make a play for Casey Hayward of the Steelers.

Round 5- Zach Strief from New Orleans to play RT.

Round 7- Eric Weems. Boom

Listen, the goal is to win the Superbowl, NOT win the damn draft. Kids are great and everything but I wanna win games so there's my team.

What's yours look like?

now that's thinking outside the box,they would at least be entertaining.