Reverse Psychology

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are we about to go through years and years again of people not understanding the importance of a 3 tech in cover 2?

mecha

Liked Posts:
how many guys coming out of college were purported to be sure things that wound up being catastrophic busts? like what they did in college doesn't always translate into the professional ranks, a lot of them are brought into shit teams with no direction and a lot of others just never get it.

so I don't necessarily agree with the concept that the higher you draft = the better the player you get.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Trade down or trade up is all conjecture. If the guy cant draft well, then none of these matter.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Omelet is right! Whether you like it or not, its true.

Almost 50 percent of hall of famers and pro bowl level players come from the first round which is far and above any other round.

Last year there were more undrafted players as all pros than second rounders 8-7.

Just a little food for thought

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
It’s obvious Poles just wanted to spend all resources on defense because Eberflus wanted that, to bring back bears football. I don’t think he has any idea what he’s doing though. Feel bad for Fields

TL1961

Liked Posts:
When a specific player who provides good value and fills a key need at a specific position is available for you to trade up for and you can grab him, trading up makes sense.

When you have a group of players all rated the same and you can trade down a few spots and add picks , trading down makes sense.

Thinking that trading up is always right and trading down is always wrong? That makes no sense.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's apparent that if you trade down you get more swings but you become a singles hitter choking up on the bat. Probably get more hits but not score more runs by the end of the game. There is no one way to do this correctly and those that insist that there is suffer from tunnel vision.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It’s obvious Poles just wanted to spend all resources on defense because Eberflus wanted that, to bring back bears football. I don’t think he has any idea what he’s doing though. Feel bad for Fields
He traded away the D's best player (Mack) plus released Goldman and Trevathan. Poles was still saving far more money overall than spending it by signing the most important player for a cover 2 D at $13m per.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

Almost 50 percent of hall of famers and pro bowl level players come from the first round which is far and above any other round.

Last year there were more undrafted players as all pros than second rounders 8-7.

Are you still playing 2 pro sports? I see you survived the cancer even though you had months to live. Congrats @klintk

@MDB111™ good news, he's alive still.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When a specific player who provides good value and fills a key need at a specific position is available for you to trade up for and you can grab him, trading up makes sense.

When you have a group of players all rated the same and you can trade down a few spots and add picks , trading down makes sense.

Thinking that trading up is always right and trading down is always wrong? That makes no sense.
I agree…Pace almost had it right, willing to move up and down where he saw value.

The problem is you always end up coveting someone and getting paranoid others will find your “gold” and he traded up almost every year, traded picks for veterans, and ended up completely hamstrung with 5 lower tier picks to use almost annually.

It should be a once in a blue moon proposition to trade up.

Julio Jones is one of the bigger success stories.

As bad of a trade up clown as Pace was(which I believe cost him his job in the end), I still have hope his final clown move for Fields ends in a championship for this franchise. Then all is forgiven.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Trade down or trade up is all conjecture. If the guy cant draft well, then none of these matter.

Found Omeletpants' alt. Also, don't you have another cancer to fake you POS or do you want to regale us with tales of working out with Payton oder spielen fußbol en Deutschland?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Found Omeletpants' alt. Also, don't you have another cancer to fake you POS or do you want to regale us with tales of working out with Payton oder spielen fußbol en Deutschland?
Take the dick out of your mouth

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
So it’s just an unnecessary, long winded way to say you don’t understand why Ogunjobi isn’t a bear and you want Poles to trade down.

Fuck the draft needs to get here faster. Trade down clowns are out and about.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
So it’s just an unnecessary, long winded way to say you don’t understand why Ogunjobi isn’t a bear and you want Poles to trade down.

Fuck the draft needs to get here faster. Trade down clowns are out and about.
I coined the term "trade down clowns". Now pay me $2 for royalties. Thank you

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
O.K., trading down can be an effective tool, in certain situations, to increase the chances of getting a productive player. That being said, it only has value if the circumstances are right. There is no question that the chances of getting productive players goes down by round, but it really depends on what and who the team moving down is looking for. If you need a a guard and an OLB and you have a second round pick to trade with it might make sense to trade back to have a chance at both if the field is rich with talent. If you are looking for OL talent it might make sense to trade back and take two. But, trade backs and trade ups are situational, the goal is to get as many sub-5th round picks as possible.