rewatched vikings game - Offense needs Poll

what do Bears need to do for offense? Take your time. pick one, 2 if you want..

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Note; We have 5 of our 7 draft picks for 2021 draft. One or 2 possible comp picks.

Doing this because too many of you guys are butt hurt AF about going back to Mitchell... let me just ask you Why NOT? Foles is incapable of this offense, he's just a flash in the pan. I don't want to see this defense go to waste while we have a great defense right now and that's without GOLDMAN. rewatching the game for the defense alone is worth it..but it's a damn shame to watch them not get the dub.

I've watched the vikings game again, my brother-in-law didn't get to watch it because of power outage in his area last night, so we watched it together earlier today, I hated it...but he needed to watch it, and oh boy.. spoiler free, he downed a 12 pack under 2 hrs, beer in one hand, the remote in the other.
Conclusions is the same, REFS do sucks but Foles is sooo stiff, he broke himself, while half ass while trying to escape a sack and yet y'all still can't agree we need to bench him.
Nagy actually gave up play calling only for us to watch Lazor fail miserably, IMO this should make us think that DM and Cohen is needed badly, I've realize that Monday night tho, but again we really need Cohen and DM, they didn't respect the Bears run game one bit.
Graham is fucking done, this guy doesn't help for shits worth. watch the tape.
That muffed punt with Harris really killed us but i still trust him for now, Miller did good tho.
Oline can't adjust to block the man that they should go block, inexperienced guys on the right side, Foles should of completed those overthrows..fucking hell.
oh, again...Nagy's system isn't fit for Foles, the dude can't just move.

As for the Poll, take a reminder that Mitchell got benched by Nagy for one bonehead INT vs Falcons that was on Mitchell, sure. But IMO, Nagy was waiting for that shit to happen.

Last edited:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
i picked start Mitchell.
and then selected fire Nagy ASAP.
it's a no brainer to draft heavy for offense.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Bears didn't even run. Pierce apparently got 3 carries for 9 yards so oh hey, abandon that idea right?

they kept trying to make the Patterson thing work, but alas no. I don't think Patterson's a bad player, he's made shit happen when you consider there isn't much else going on, they just keep using him in the wrong way. and it's basically telegraphed that the ball's going to him cause whenever he hits the field, it's going to him. there's like no element of surprise there whatsoever.

Lazor called all the same bullshit Nagy would have, so either Lazor calling plays is a shell/excuse or he's just as horrible at it. I don't know why they have such a strong aversion to just moving forward with the ball, why everything is some kind of outside screen for a loss making it that much more difficult to convert first downs. it's the same shit as when Gase was with the team, except the scrub offensive line don't commit 1-2 penalties per drive like before to make it vastly worse.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
ROFL...How the hell can any of you re-watch any of these kind of games
makes me made that I wasted the hours I did, but to waste them again!

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Foles has been disappointing. No getting around that. I've been a "Mitch hater" since 2018. Go ahead and start Mitch, it doesn't matter anymore.

Obviously, my hopes for a draft strategy will change depending on our final record, but I don't think going QB in round 1 or 2 is a good idea. I absolutely know if the Bears fall for "a run on QBs" they'll overreach for a bust. If you're going to draft a QB in the 2nd, it can wait until the 3rd. Just take a safer starter option with 1 & 2 - we need bodies...lol.

You can find articles all over the web showing different stats...but QB and WR seem to be high as potential busts and it gets worse with every round.

*This is a general theory, not cold hard facts, and I could change my mind.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
ROFL...How the hell can any of you re-watch any of these kind of games
makes me made that I wasted the hours I did, but to waste them again!
fast forward button is a charm, we watch Bears live 30 mins late and catch up in the 4th by skipping those commercials that are stuck in your head.

i'm a multitasker, been doing it forever since i brought an extra TV. Edited versions of games are only about 2 hrs long.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Why in the hell are you worried about the Bears issues? Get your brother in-law into AA.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
1 and 3. I hate that it will likely be bad wing Mitch with his throwing arm in a harness or taped up etc. but it couldn't get worse than last week when we had less that 150yds, 6 points and 2 turnovers from the O. You can't fire the entire O staff and expect to continue the season. Nagy isn't a shit head so you play it out and let them bury themselves. The last staff got scapegoated for our HC and here we are. No need for anything drastic. Just let it peter out and let the entire regime go.

Then we get to allow Sweaty Teddy to pick the next GM.
amateur_hour_anchorman.gif

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Sorta want to see the Tyler Bray experience for the laughs.
It may be possible for him to eclipse Todd Collins for QBing ineptitude.
1605705828955.png

A passer rating of 5.9. But hey, he won a game in a blowout completing 37% of his passes for 32 yards and throwing 4 INT's. If that isn't so Bears I don't know what is.

Tyler Bray:
1605706143633.pngHe has got the completion % thing figured out, he just needs to throw the ball to the wrong guy a few times and he is golden.

Attachments

• 1605706131717.png
    1605706131717.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 0

twetz

Liked Posts:
I suppose I'd go with number one, although Trubisky has been terrible against the Packers. Foles has been brutally bad for a player who was supposed to be the best decision maker of the two. I can see why no one stood out in the preseason/training camp.

One play that stood out for me as an example of how bad this offense is, was Artavis Pierce, a running back who some have been calling for to get some playing time, gets on the field, gets his number called and then simply goes out of bounds after a three, maybe four yard gain. He doesn't even play with enough juice/fire in his belly to make a Viking push him out of bounds. He doesn't lower his head and drive for an extra yard or two. Nothing there to say - I want to get on the field, I'm better than the guy ahead of me on the depth chart - just step out of bounds.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fire Nagy ASAP. How this clown still has a job is infuriating considering we have another guy on the staff with experience. Since they're not doing that, fuck this team until they do.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sorta want to see the Tyler Bray experience for the laughs.
It may be possible for him to eclipse Todd Collins for QBing ineptitude.
View attachment 8553

A passer rating of 5.9. But hey, he won a game in a blowout completing 37% of his passes for 32 yards and throwing 4 INT's. If that isn't so Bears I don't know what is.

Tyler Bray:
View attachment 8555He has got the completion % thing figured out, he just needs to throw the ball to the wrong guy a few times and he is golden.
I like it.
310b690ee46c392bbc775d33436e25d4.gif

sopclod

Liked Posts:
"I re-watched the Vikings game..." Talk about taking one for the team!

I don't think changing coaches is going to make any meaningful difference at this point. I don't really care who starts at QB either.

My biggest issue with the offense is the weird personnel mixes, i.e. why so much Patterson and not more actual RBs, why not more medium passes to Kmet or Robinson (or Ridley for that matter). It seems like there may be ulterior motives at play and it's just hurting the team.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
"I re-watched the Vikings game..." Talk about taking one for the team!

I don't think changing coaches is going to make any meaningful difference at this point. I don't really care who starts at QB either.

My biggest issue with the offense is the weird personnel mixes, i.e. why so much Patterson and not more actual RBs, why not more medium passes to Kmet or Robinson (or Ridley for that matter). It seems like there may be ulterior motives at play and it's just hurting the team.
How can you say changing coaches won't matter when you just pointed out issue related to O scheme and position decisions that are being made by those very same coaches?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
How can you say changing coaches won't matter when you just pointed out issue related to O scheme and position decisions that are being made by those very same coaches?
I feel like Chuch Pagano is looking at some of those decisions and thinking to himself, what the fuck?

ImSure

Liked Posts:
as much as it sucks, this is what the salary cap is for. we (every team) can't be the Yankees and just go buy all the pieces to fix our O.

and we have lots to fix.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I feel like Chuch Pagano is looking at some of those decisions and thinking to himself, what the fuck?
You can't like everything Pagano is doing rights now but it's hard for him to play his higher risk, take no prisoners style of ball while protecting this O.

sopclod

Liked Posts:
I guess I just wonder how much autonomy Lazor really had, i.e. maybe Nagy is controlling things no matter what.