Rich Eisen: Mac Jones Starting for Pats Puts Heat on Bears to Start Justin Fields | Rich Eisen Show

Stonewall

Liked Posts:
6 minutes just to say Dalton has to play well or Fields is playing sooner rather than alter

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Dalton is going to start Dalton game 1, after that who the fuck knows.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Dalton and the Bears are gonna beat the Rams tho . . .

Chicago Bears 27
LA Rams 23

yes, dalton will get to be part of the win from the sideline as fields takes over after halftime for a comeback victory. Mooney catches game winning TD burning Ramsey on a double move ?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Rich loves him some Justin Fields. Its like he talks about him every other video.
It's not just Rich, and it's not just Bears fans. It seems an overwhelming majority of talking heads feel that there's no reason Fields shouldn't be starting. when you have guys like Lawrence and Wilson starting week 1 in arguably worse situations.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
It's not just Rich, and it's not just Bears fans. It seems an overwhelming majority of talking heads feel that there's no reason Fields shouldn't be starting. when you have guys like Lawrence and Wilson starting week 1 in arguably worse situations.
I dont disagree with him and i like that there are a lot of people out there calling for Fields to start because its putting Nagy in the spotlight and he better get this right or its his ass.

mecha

Liked Posts:
everyone's saying Nagy, I keep saying the Chicago Bears eat copious amounts of fuck. from the top of the totem pole on down. keep up, people.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
Nagy's basically trying to buy himself an excuse from being fired. If the team performs poorly with Dalton, he'll have the excuse of "well, my QB is Fields and you should give me the chance to see what I can do with him next year." If he starts Fields this year and the team does poorly, Nagy's out the door. That's why he's conditioning everyone to believe that his "genius offense" takes 3-4 years to master. He's conditioning management to give him time under contract. He's a used car salesman pretending to be a master.

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
If you all are being honest about it....the Bears first few games are against some brutal defenses. You O-line is trash. Let Dalton take those hits and the inevitable L's that come with it....then you hand it over to Fields when the line has gelled some (still not a good line, but at least gelled) and the defenses aren't so harsh. The kid gets a chance to get off to a good start, Dalton gets to take the bruises..and it's a 17 game season....even if you started 0-4....for example...and you pull Dalton then...there is time to make a run at it still. Everyone gets what they want.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
If you all are being honest about it....the Bears first few games are against some brutal defenses. You O-line is trash. Let Dalton take those hits and the inevitable L's that come with it....then you hand it over to Fields when the line has gelled some (still not a good line, but at least gelled) and the defenses aren't so harsh. The kid gets a chance to get off to a good start, Dalton gets to take the bruises..and it's a 17 game season....even if you started 0-4....for example...and you pull Dalton then...there is time to make a run at it still. Everyone gets what they want.
It's just as likely the O-line looks even more shitty a month or two into the season. We don't even know if Jason Peters can make it through a whole game, let alone a whole season. He hasn't played a full season in 4 years, and now he's 39 and out of football shape. Add in the usual injuries that happen throughout the season, and using the o-line's predicted progression as justification to hold back playing your franchise QB is nonsensical.

Secondly, there's no hiding guys in the NFL. Justin Fields is going to take hits. He's going to get sacked. That'll happen whether he makes his debut in Week 1 or Week 10. No matter who you're playing, the defense gets paid too. Those are professional football players.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Even as "entertainment" the entire premise sucks.

BB and Nagy are both ego maniacs--to varying degrees. You have to be as an NFL coach. One of them doesn't care what he looks like going back on his word of "Cam's our starter" and knows when to set aside ego to better the team (he only has 6 rings) while the other guy can't admit he's wrong.