Rich Eisen: Mac Jones Starting for Pats Puts Heat on Bears to Start Justin Fields | Rich Eisen Show

Nelly

Liked Posts:
In similar news, someone somewhere eating a bowl of chili in the summer puts pressure on me to eat a bowl of chili in the summer.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is only true if you believe Nagy has the self awareness to doubt himself. He does not.
I think he doubts himself all the time. He's looking, again, to make the safe choice and go with the vet. Also think there's something to wanting to keep the promise made when signing Dalton when they told him he would be the starter. Nagy's certainly not as callous and demanding as BB. Bill just wants to do what is best for team. Nagy looks to appease players and play it safe.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
If you all are being honest about it....the Bears first few games are against some brutal defenses. You O-line is trash. Let Dalton take those hits and the inevitable L's that come with it....then you hand it over to Fields when the line has gelled some (still not a good line, but at least gelled) and the defenses aren't so harsh. The kid gets a chance to get off to a good start, Dalton gets to take the bruises..and it's a 17 game season....even if you started 0-4....for example...and you pull Dalton then...there is time to make a run at it still. Everyone gets what they want.
So what happens to your master plan when Dalton is carried out of the game because he is to damn slow to avoid the Rams pass rush?

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I think he doubts himself all the time. He's looking, again, to make the safe choice and go with the vet. Also think there's something to wanting to keep the promise made when signing Dalton when they told him he would be the starter. Nagy's certainly not as callous and demanding as BB. Bill just wants to do what is best for team. Nagy looks to appease players and play it safe.
Okay, and what are your thoughts on honoring a promise to a player that has never taken one meaningful snap for the team?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay, and what are your thoughts on honoring a promise to a player that has never taken one meaningful snap for the team?
I'm certain Fields is better for the team. That's all that should matter. It just doesn't seem to matter enough to Nagy.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes I remember when the Texans starting Watson put pressure on the Chiefs to start Mahomes.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
I hope Nagy literally shit himself when saw NE cut Cam. Never in a million years will this clown have those balls