gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hopefully having the cover shot doesn't affect his luck

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'd love to sign Sherman, if it were possible, but he would probably rather sign with a contender.

To be fair, I think a lot of people/players DO see this team as a contender with a QB, which, imo they are. This team has been about .500 the last two years with trash at the most important position in sports.

Lemme get sherman tho, that would fix one of our biggest issues

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
To be fair, I think a lot of people/players DO see this team as a contender with a QB, which, imo they are. This team has been about .500 the last two years with trash at the most important position in sports.

Lemme get sherman tho, that would fix one of our biggest issues

A contender this year? Are you high?

msadows

Liked Posts:

Am I high? Absolutely.

If GB implodes, absolutely.

Contender down the road? Absolutely.

The fields pick just extended the window khalil mack opened for another 2-3 years.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
When the Packers thing finally goes supernova its the Bears division to lose. Kirk Cousins will ensure the Vikings never win anything and while Detroit has some moxie to them this year I doubt it'll be enough to make up for all the shitty players they have.

Bears aren't really a Super Bowl contender, but they are *this* close to being a division favorite.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Am I high? Absolutely.

iu

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I think there's a very large difference between being a SB contender and playoff contender. The latter is irrelevant. The former is the standard we need to set for this org.
I look at the Seahawks as a model for the Bears. They were competitive but sloppy early in Russell Wilson's career, good enough to make some noise and get a ticket to the dance, but not good enough to win a Super Bowl. Then a year or two goes by, they develop and build on that knack for winning games, and they are an absolute powerhouse. Arguably put together the strongest roster of any team of that decade when they had Wilson running that offense with Lynch and the Legion of Boom on the other side of the ball.

Not sure it works out as well as it did for Seattle had they not gone through that intermediate step of being good-not-great.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I look at the Seahawks as a model for the Bears. They were competitive but sloppy early in Russell Wilson's career, good enough to make some noise and get a ticket to the dance, but not good enough to win a Super Bowl. Then a year or two goes by, they develop and build on that knack for winning games, and they are an absolute powerhouse. Arguably put together the strongest roster of any team of that decade when they had Wilson running that offense with Lynch and the Legion of Boom on the other side of the ball.

Not sure it works out as well as it did for Seattle had they not gone through that intermediate step of being good-not-great.
seattle’s SB runs were built on Carroll’s defense, that ship sailed in 2019.

if the bears want to be comparable to seattle they will need to do it on the other wire of the ball

Montucky

Liked Posts:
seattle’s SB runs were built on Carroll’s defense, that ship sailed in 2019.

if the bears want to be comparable to seattle they will need to do it on the other wire of the ball
They had a Hall of Fame quarterback (who was just criminally underrated the first couple chapters of his career) and a Hall of Fame runningback on offense. I agree, the Legion is what propelled them to legendary status as a team but they really did tick all the boxes there for a few years.

And I think that defense really got its identity during those formative Carroll years. If you remember they still had guys like Lawyer Milloy, Lofa Tatupu, Marcus Trufant and Chris Clemons as late as 2010. Not to mention legendary draft bust Aaron Curry. But they still won games and it didn't take long for them to be comprehensively stacked at almost every position even after all those guys departed.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

That works for me. All I have ever wanted from this team is to be a frequent contender. Go into the season have me believing you have a chance to contend because you have a QB/HC and roster that has proven multiple times that they can compete with the best of teams.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
They had a Hall of Fame quarterback (who was just criminally underrated the first couple chapters of his career) and a Hall of Fame runningback on offense. I agree, the Legion is what propelled them to legendary status as a team but they really did tick all the boxes there for a few years.

And I think that defense really got its identity during those formative Carroll years. If you remember they still had guys like Lawyer Milloy, Lofa Tatupu, Marcus Trufant and Chris Clemons as late as 2010. Not to mention legendary draft bust Aaron Curry. But they still won games and it didn't take long for them to be comprehensively stacked at almost every position even after all those guys departed.
but i’m taking about the years they won the SB and were playing in super bowls. when was the last time they were in the super bowl?

the 2014 season, which coincided with that defense starting to decay.

im not saying the offense and russ weren’t serviceable but that D carried the team.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll take any relevancy whatsoever.

Yeah, me too. Just razzing msadows about Sherman wanting to go to a "contender" meaning an NFC North contender - I'm sure that's what Sherman meant...lol

Wouldn't multiple division titles be nice for a change?