Richie Incognito Visiting Bucs

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11406262/tampa-bay-buccaneers-richie-incognito-visit

Richie Incognito visiting Bucs

Richie Incognito is visiting the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Monday in his first trip to a team's facility since he was implicated in the Jonathan Martin bullying scandal with the Miami Dolphins last season.

Incognito's visit will take place later Monday. A team official told ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas that the Buccaneers are doing their due diligence and a signing isn't necessarily imminent.

"I'm going on the facts right now. The facts are we're bringing him in for a visit. So, guys, there's nothing else for me to talk about or tell you from there. We evaluate all prospects. He's a prospect and we're looking at him," coach Lovie Smith said Monday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smith said he believes in second chances and wants to talk to Incognito himself.

"To me, nobody should have a death sentence. If you should, you're probably in jail," he said. "From there, what does it hurt to talk to someone? For me, as we go forward, I'm not holier than thou. I'm going to give everybody the benefit of the doubt until I have information that tells me otherwise."

Both quarterback Josh McCown and defensive tackle Gerald McCoy said Monday that there wouldn't be a problem in the locker room if Incognito is signed.

"I don't care. As long as he can help us win, that's all I'm concerned about. If there's a problem, then we'll deal with it accordingly," McCoy said. "But as long as he's doing what he's supposed to be doing in the building, then I'm not concerned about anything else."

McCown said he trusted the judgment of general manager Jason Licht and coach Smith.

"No matter who it is, if anybody becomes an addition to our team, the thing that Lovie always talks about is embracing them and making them feel like one of us," McCown said.

"We feel good about our locker room and feel good about the ability to add anybody and be able to embrace him and help him be a part of the Buccaneers," he added.

I personally think that Lovie is the perfect coach to help Richie get his career back on track.

Jeff George

Liked Posts:
The thought of this guy getting YET ANOTHER chance makes me sick to my stomach.

He is a tool of EPIC proportions.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
"To me, nobody should have a death sentence. If you should, you're probably in jail."

That made me smile.

It also made miss Lovie and not miss Lovie all at once.

Jeff George

Liked Posts:
"To me, nobody should have a death sentence. If you should, you're probably in jail."

That made me smile.

It also made miss Lovie and not miss Lovie all at once.

I wonder if he feels that way about Cedric Benson?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
What does Lovie mean he deserves the benefit of the doubt unless he gets more information? What doubt? We have the information in black and white

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What does Lovie mean he deserves the benefit of the doubt unless he gets more information? What doubt? We have the information in black and white

Perhaps he feels Incognito was a jackass, served his punishment and until he acts stupid again he gets the benefit of the doubt. A different issue obviously than Vick but at the same time acceptance of possible reform. I don't know that that's the case, just a theory.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not gonna happen. Richie dropped some N bombs, and Lovie is an under cover Black Panther

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Assuming Michael Sam makes the Rams roster (and that's a big assumption), I'd love to see Incognito wind up back on that team.

Just because. Kinda like sticking the dog and the cat in the same room to see them slap fight.