Rick and morty.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Possible Spoilers ahead if you are not caught up.
If you haven't seen it and accidentally wandered in to this thread, stop reading and start watching it...it is fucking hilarious.

After a couple years of stand alone adventures for the most part, we finally got back to the overarching stories.

If there was a grand plan for the show, they dropped some insights. If there isn't and they are making it up as they go along, they seem to be addressing continuity errors retroactively.
Either way, I dig it.

I have 2 theories- one i have had for a while, and the other as a result of the last episode.
The new one- our rick is not "rick c-137". More on that after this.

The old one- evil morty is "our" ricks original morty, and he is a morty from a reality where rick never abandoned Beth for 20 years, and instead was present over that period.

They dropped 2 indicators of that in the first citadel episode.
At the end of the episode, rick and morty were talking. Rick mentions "don't get cocky- a cocky morty is bad for everyone".
The more important one was when robot rick scans ricks memories, we see a baby morty reaching out to rick.
That is impossible- episode one, rick had not seen Beth in 20 years.

We also see a second baby morty reference in the giant head episode. Bird person has a photo of baby morty on his wall.

My theory is that rick staying around the family made a super intelligent morty- evil morty.

Morty c-137 is his do-over.

As for rick- he is not rick c-137.
I bet he is "Alpha rick".
C-137 was his do over.

The council of ricks mentions "of all the ricks on the central finite curve, you are the malcontent".
The word finite got me thinking.
Why isn't there infinite timelines with the scientist formerly known as rick?
Why aren't there infinite timeliness with doofus rick?

After all, if every decision spawns a new reality, they would spawn just as many.

The answer is, the central finite curve is solely the timelines spawning from alpha rick starting at a predetermined time that he set- isolating all other possible realities that exist without him being a genius.

Evil morty left the central finite curve and escaped in to all realities.

We saw another reference to his wife and Beth getting blown up, and what happened after that.
We were told before that was a fabricated backstory.

My wild guess? It happened, alpha rick tried to portal to a reality where it didn't, and discovered any reality he went from then on had the same thing occur.

Therefore, he time traveled back to before that point and built the central finite curve where Beth would not die in any reality.

Rick always saying he doesn't respect time travel Is a lie- he did it, and got away with it without the time cop testicle monsters finding out.

His resistance to time travel now is because he doesn't want to get on the time cops radar and have them undo what he did.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Oddly, I had never heard of this show. Then someone brings it up like a week ago. And now you. That's like the Twilight Zone.

Dogstar

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
  2. Wisconsin Badgers
It's the one one-hit wonder from the Cartoon Network, and because it's edgy and violent, it's also only shown at night on Adult Swim.

(And F.U. Comcast for making it a premium channel, so I can't watch it any more.)