Rip Hamilton on D Rose!

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I remember watching so many players get tangled up with photographers under the basket, watch D Rose end up at the padding too many times. Really thought there could have been some rule changes to protect these guys. I know he went down with "non" contact injuries, but saw too many guys come down wrong, and too many 30 megapixel cameras that dont have to be that close.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Would have been interesting to see where Rose would be right now forsure.

The season following his MVP year he was showing that his game was maturing, though was being a bit passive trying to find a balance. However there was a game against the Clippers where he really showed out, dropping an insane near triple double with 29-16-8. Shortly after that the injuries started and he never found his rhythm then the knee injuries completely derailed him and he never showed that improvement again sadly.

Last edited:

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Would have been interesting to see where Rose would be right now forsure.

The season following his MVP year he was showing that his game was maturing, though was being a bit passive trying to find a balance. However there was a game against the Clippers where he really showed out, dropping an insane near triple double with 29-16-8. Shortly after that the injuries started and he never found his rhythm then the knee injuries completely derailed him and he never showed that improvement again sadly.

I remember watching the next pre season and Derrick was going to the rim against 7 footers..........in preseason. He was convinced he had to get back to his game, instead of altering it a little at that time. I could have seen him going hard when the season started, but when Reggie got in his head, it did alot more damage.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
He was landing poorly and refused to adjust that part of his game. Even after the first comeback, he STILL refused to fix his landing mechanics.

That's why he was injured.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Rose is such a sad story of what if. He was so exciting and explosive. He never really had a prime. I still think he may have got the Bulls one ring had he stayed healthy.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
ROse and the bulls definitely would of won two (possibly 3 or 4) championships in 2012 2013

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Rose is such a sad story of what if. He was so exciting and explosive. He never really had a prime. I still think he may have got the Bulls one ring had he stayed healthy.
He never really had a prime.
His MVP was the takeoff to prime..Rose could of been unstoppable.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still believe him wearing those ankle braces all the time played a major role in his injuries.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I still believe him wearing those ankle braces all the time played a major role in his injuries.
Rose took all these preventative measures and it still screwed him up in the end. He wore the ankle braces, compression socks, knee braces, and claimed it was to prolong his career and prevent injury, and it didn't do him any good.

In a way though, I still feel like his wreckless style of play was going to do him in eventually anyways braces or no braces.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rose took all these preventative measures and it still screwed him up in the end. He wore the ankle braces, compression socks, knee braces, and claimed it was to prolong his career and prevent injury, and it didn't do him any good.

In a way though, I still feel like his wreckless style of play was going to do him in eventually anyways braces or no braces.
When I first watched him, I said man he is great but he only got 8 years on him. Turned out less but I do like how he has transformed himself. He played with no fear and once that doubt got into his mind. It was over. What could have been cause he had Jordan/Kobe mentality. I find that rarer then any athletic abilty.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
He wore the ankle braces, compression socks, knee braces, and claimed it was to prolong his career and prevent injury, and it didn't do him any good.

I think he would have been better off just wearing knee braces.

The problem with ankle braces is that every time you tweak your ankle, the generated force does not be stopped in your ankle but instead gets transfered into your knees. Of course there it can make much more damage.

I don't wanna know how many little tweaks he had that went right into his knees in the beginning of his career that summed up to the ACL.

Couple of torn tendons like Steph Curry had would have been a blessing compared to his devastating knee injuries.

I'm not saying that's the reason why he got injured but I believe it's a part of it. Pairing it with his bad landing technique (where he prolly tweaked his ankles a lot) did the rest.

On top of that it's really a shame that professional athlete coaches did not see and adress that topic in the beginning...