RIP Michael McCaskey

mecha

Liked Posts:
This may not be the place for this but, Little Mikey, RIP, told Jimmi Mac he didn't care if the Bears ever won anything, he just wanted them to be competitive enough to keep the fans interested and butts in the seats. McMahon talked about it on McNiel and Parkins 670 the score a week or 2 ago.

I think the McCaskeys do deserve the heat for such blatant mismanagement of an NFL team. For years they didn't have a GM, a few years in the 90's Rod Graves was Director of Player Personnel, then Hatley and others. They allowed Swetty Teddy the fucking accountant to make football decisions.

not surprising. had to hear from my family for many years dating back to the 80s how much of a jerko he was.

owes to my point though doesn't it, while everyone's divided over whether Trubisky is good or the worst thing ever to happen to the team, it's a cesspool starting from the top!

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I’m not going to get into my personal feeling about that family the product they give us speaks for itself

but my friend lost his mom to cancer on Monday so for families this shit isn’t easy and for a mother to bury a son isn’t easy so that part of me says rip. Remember during covid lots of cancer patients right now aren’t getting their treatments either. It’s a tough time for allot of people.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Listen, I like to think I have value for human life and all, but come on now Bear Nation. Didn't you "woohoo" just a little inside when you saw the OP???

I generally think the McCaskeys take a lot of unnecessary heat for the team being bad, but not Little Mikey. I will keep saying terrible things about that dipstick until the day he dies. Then again on the day he died. Then I may bump this thread the day after he died.

The moral of the story is: Fuck Mike McCaskey.

P.S. Don't expect any better out of me when Jim McMahon drops dead too.

No I didn’t “woohoo”. Anyone who did is a piece of shit.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
RIP. Not only is virginia old as shit, her kids are up there too. I feel like it will be less complicated for them to sell the team. Too many mccaskey kids and their kids.
They will, a day after Virginia joins Michael. My condolences to her and the family.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I feel like I need to take a shower with a bar of Lava soap after reading this thread. This place is really worse than a bar in the East Chicago Indiana Harbor.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's horrible that some bears fans are just hoping virginia will die. It's like republicans just sitting and waiting for rbg to die.
If your post was in response to one before yours. It was not even implied and sincere condolences were offered. It's well known, with how the ownership shares are constructed, that it's extremely likely the team will quickly be sold once Virginia passes but I'm in no hurry for that to happen. I have no issue with the current team structure outside of maybe Teddy but I have no ill will for him either.

I just realized I have a smiley in another thread about new ownership with Virginia passing but that's about local black ownership and not about her passing.

Last edited:

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Longtime fans are going to have bitter feelings toward the McCaskeys, especially Michael because of the unfulfilled promise of the 85 team, but the family is irrevocably part of Bears history (good and bad) and his passing is notable in that he ran the team as president for 27 years.

If you're going to criticize the guy, at least make it about his decisions on the job. Cancer sucks and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
He fucked the bears and the fans over all while collecting the cash. He was a piece of shit.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Longtime fans are going to have bitter feelings toward the McCaskeys, especially Michael because of the unfulfilled promise of the 85 team, but the family is irrevocably part of Bears history (good and bad) and his passing is notable in that he ran the team as president for 27 years.

If you're going to criticize the guy, at least make it about his decisions on the job. Cancer sucks and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

There is also a time for that. Now is probably not the best time.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I hear what some of you are saying about McCaskey. I've been critical too, but ya hate to see anyone pass away.
RIP Michael McCaskey

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

I was never promised anything from Mr. McCaskey.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I was never promised anything from Mr. McCaskey.
Indeed. McCaskey was getting paid a lot to put out a shitty product. It's the fans fault of patronaging a bad team. If a barber gives bad haircuts and his clients keep going to him its not his fault he is making a lot of money.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Indeed. McCaskey was getting paid a lot to put out a shitty product. It's the fans fault of patronaging a bad team. If a barber gives bad haircuts and his clients keep going to him its not his fault he is making a lot of money.
Mike was going to make money regardless. I understand that fans want their team to win and make the playoffs to have a chance at winning a super bowl every year. I will keep my season tickets as long as I am physically able to go to the games without inconveniencing anyone and then my son will take them. They are in my will to my son just in case.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The current team is trying as hard and spending as much as any to win. Failures are related to choices but not to being cheap.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The current team is trying as hard and spending as much as any to win. Failures are relayed to choices and not to being cheap.
The NFL has a salary cap which makes all teams have to spend as much as each other. Not sure of the actual wording of the salary cap but it makes the “McCaskeys are cheap mantra” a false statement

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
If Ted Phillips
I feel like I need to take a shower with a bar of Lava soap after reading this thread. This place is really worse than a bar in the East Chicago Indiana Harbor.
at least you get a BJ there, RIP dive bars.