Rizzo call-up... In June?

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think that would rival the old power OF alignment under Riggleman of Glenallen Hill, Sammy Sosa, and Henry Rodriguez for defensive awesomeness.

Ah, the good old days.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Couple hours ago:

NL Central Notes: Pirates, Rizzo, Lucroy: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com hears that the Cubs will be patient with Anthony Rizzo and that a promotion isn’t likely this month (Twitter link). The Cubs acquired the first base prospect from the Padres for Andrew Cashner last offseason, but first baseman Bryan LaHair is hitting well at the MLB level.

Jon Heyman stuff so grain of salt applies.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well that and taken literally the Heyman update doesn't reflect any new information. No one was talking about Rizzo being promoted this month (May) to begin with.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well that and taken literally the Heyman update doesn't reflect any new information. No one was talking about Rizzo being promoted this month (May) to begin with.

churchlady.jpg

Well aren't you special...

:beerbang:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Either that or they do the up for interleague, then down until after ASG thing.

Yeah we might get a sneak peak in a couple of weeks, but I am starting to think they will just tough it out against the Twins without him.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The season ends on October 3. If you assume he doesn't get called up until June, that's 30 + 31 + 31 + 30 + 3 days of season, or 123 days. That means that to keep that seventh year in play, Rizzo cannot be called up until around June 23 or so. DL time does count towards service time so they can't fake an injury. If they really just want him up for interleague they can try to send him back down for seasoning until after the ASG, but once he's up, he's up. The players' union wouldn't take too kindly to a send down just to suppress service time.

You're a prophet :bow:

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
You're a prophet :bow:

Its just common sense.

You don't want to lose that extra year. That's why I can't believe the Nationals called up Harper so quick. They should have just signed some loser knowing he's fail then called up Harper.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its just common sense.

You don't want to lose that extra year. That's why I can't believe the Nationals called up Harper so quick. They should have just signed some loser knowing he's fail then called up Harper.

I thought they were able to avoid the extra year with Harper. He was called up on April 28, which mean that 23 or 24 days of the season had passed. There are only 30 + 31 + 30 + 31 + 31 + 30 + 3 = 186 days in the season and the player needs 172 to qualify for one year of service. I think Harper is a Super Two for sure but he'll still be there for 7 seasons under control.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I thought they were able to avoid the extra year with Harper. He was called up on April 28, which mean that 23 or 24 days of the season had passed. There are only 30 + 31 + 30 + 31 + 31 + 30 + 3 = 186 days in the season and the player needs 172 to qualify for one year of service. I think Harper is a Super Two for sure but he'll still be there for 7 seasons under control.

Could be. I'm sure you know more about this than I do.

:beer:

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
That would have been a clown transition, bro.