Rizzo call-up... In June?

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Rizzo gets the call in June, what would the timetable be for Jackson at that point?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think so too, but I doubt he is going anywhere until he starts getting the average back up.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They'll have to figure out what to do with LaHair when they bring Rizzo up. Neither guy is really suited to play anywhere else on the diamond. I'm still not seeing how LaHair will have much trade value, but you never know. Maybe they can find somebody who's willing to give up a major league ready guy who's in the same boat in terms of player tenure. It'd be great to get a third baseman.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think they'll wait until after June 15 or so before calling Rizzo up. But who knows. The Cubs can definitely afford it if Rizzo is only controlled for six instead of seven years.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just call him and Jackson up, let him wrk on it in the majors... Why not?

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
What benefit do the Cubs get to letting Jackson struggle in the majors? Let him struggle out of the spotlight in Des Moines. It is clear that Jackson needs more seasoning.

A little paprika and maybe a bit of parsley and he should be fine.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope, I would just call him up... That's what I would do and it could be more beneficial too.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope, I would just call him up... That's what I would do and it could be more beneficial too.

I thought that once.. Then realized with how the Chicago media is and some of the fans.. They would eat him alive if he doesn't produce..

Not worth it right now.

ChiSportsFan17

Liked Posts:
The poster above me is absolutely correct. In all of the hyped prospects the Cubs have had over the years, Castro is the only prospect I recall living up to it.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would say Kerry Wood and Mark Prior's initial production lived up to the hype. Unfortunately their arms blew up before they could have long productive careers here.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I depends on the players too... keeping them in the minors is good and bad sometimes. As some players want to prove too much in the minors and try too hard. Then maybe when they come to the minors, they don't have to ry too much as they made the show. So ... walks, paitence, hitting may come. It just depnds on the players and if their mind changes.

I think Jackson would change his approach.. He didn't strikout out much and he he walked a lot in spring training.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
However, the media is a big downer to young players. That's hy I'm really againt the media now, especially since it's the Cubs. Castro had a lot and surprise it didn't mess him up. Like Harper and the Nats is way more easy.. same goes with players in Tampa and KC. Plus more, just to name a few.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I depends on the players too... keeping them in the minors is good and bad sometimes. As some players want to prove too much in the minors and try too hard. Then maybe when they come to the minors, they don't have to ry too much as they made the show. So ... walks, paitence, hitting may come. It just depnds on the players and if their mind changes.

I think Jackson would change his approach.. He didn't strikout out much and he he walked a lot in spring training.

That was a pretty small sample size. Jackson is going to strike out a lot as a big leaguer. Look I know it gets old watching old players lose games, but there really isn't a benefit to just throwing Jackson into the fray and hope that he magically starts doing better against better competition.