Robert Nkemdiche

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Hi guys,

The Cardinals don’t want this guy anymore and that got me to thinking that I vaguely remembered this guy from four years ago when he was entering the league my favorite team plays in, and then that got me to thinking that maybe he would play for my favorite team. This guy has been injured for half of his career and only managed a season high of 4 sacks. Anyways I thought since I barely remember this guy from four years ago I would mention it here wondering out loud to you guys if we should kick the tires or take out a flyer or burn the rubbers on this guy or all three. He won’t contribute at all but what do you guys think about a go out there and prove it deal for a real underdog story type of guy?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Hi guys,

The Cardinals don’t want this guy anymore and that got me to thinking that I vaguely remembered this guy from four years ago when he was entering the league my favorite team plays in, and then that got me to thinking that maybe he would play for my favorite team. This guy has been injured for half of his career and only managed a season high of 4 sacks. Anyways I thought since I barely remember this guy from four years ago I would mention it here wondering out loud to you guys if we should kick the tires or take out a flyer or burn the rubbers on this guy or all three. He won’t contribute at all but what do you guys think about a go out there and prove it deal for a real underdog story type of guy?
Wasn't he a "look like Tarzan, play like Jane" type of player. I seem to remember that he had all the talent in the world but had disappointing stats in college, someone with no heart.

Then again, I could be wrong.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I don’t know, I only vaguely remember his name.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I don’t know, I only vaguely remember his name.
Consistency and Nkemdiche rarely are in the same sentence, and that dates to his college career at Mississippi.
My memory isn't so bad after all.

Then again, it isn't that good either.
Nkemdiche was regarded as a top-10 prospect, but he fell to the bottom of the round because of concerns about his character. In his final year at Mississippi, he was suspended for the Sugar Bowl after he broke a window at an Atlanta hotel and took a 15-foot fall off a wall. He was charged with marijuana possession.

At the scouting combine that spring, Nkemdiche faced the same question from team after team, including the Cardinals.

“It’s my character,” he said then. “Some have asked about my production of course, but it’s mostly my character, off-the-field commitment. I’ve cleared it up with every team. I just plan to keep moving forward.”

Throwthebones

Liked Posts:
Of players who didn't get their option picked up Shaq Lawson is more interesting to me.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hi guys,

This got me to thinking, do you want to trade for this guy? This guy's option year is 2020 so this got me to thinking that he's not really available anyways. If you do trade for this guy, are you going to extend this guy when he's coming off a knee injury and questionable to start the year or lose picks or players for a tryout at one of our strongest positions? If they cut this guy or give him away for a Howard type value, sure, take a look but that's not happening. This got me to thinking that it's the same situation we had with Fuller. They are not throwing this guy to the curb.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah why not, I mean like you said...he's only been injured for half of his career, so maybe our Bears can waste money & a draft pick on him being injured the rest of his career!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just keep him away from balconies and we're golden.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
You can't kick the tires on him, he's missing a wheel...
1. Noone will trade for him since he won't play in '19, has a 2.8m salary and his contract is up at the end of the year
2. I'm not even sure the Cardinals can cut him since he's injured

The time to kick the tires on him would be in 2020 free agency.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Absolutely check him out as Bullard and RRH competition at DE.

Was dominant as best player on best defense in college that year, a program that got blown up for paying players.

He jumped out a window to avoid arrest and fell at the combine or pre-draft or some shit.

Worth a look.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who should we bench RRH or Bilal Nichols?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah....RRH and Nichols made the team.

I would feel better about Bullards roster spot if he had to beat out specifically this guy. May the best player win.

Another thought is that Fangio is famous for loving extra long DE's...while Pagano might want more of an explosive plug.
Quality competition can't hurt.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
i'd be interested in armstead who could easily be cut since hes a poor fit for the 49ers 4-3 scheme. now that bosa and ford are there, amrstead is likely a goner

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i'd be interested in armstead who could easily be cut since hes a poor fit for the 49ers 4-3 scheme. now that bosa and ford are there, amrstead is likely a goner
I didn't know Nkemdiche is injured. Obviously pass and pick up in 2020 street price.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Who should we bench RRH or Bilal Nichols?
The competition would be for Bullard/Nick WIlliams, but this guy isn't an option for 2019. RRH might be gone in 2020.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Robert N should change his name to Richard Nkemdiche..... then his nickname can be Dick-Nuke-Dick or Nuclear DickHead

or alternatively Nuke'em DblDick

Last edited: