Robert Quinn is back!

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Gotta admit that this guy has proved me wrong this season. Hope he can keep it up.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He has been fantastic this year.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Did not about that player profile. What a guy....never know what people have been or are going through what a fighter

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Prime example of why you cant dump a guy too early. I was fed up with his lack of production last year and was willing to see him cut to free up a roster space for someone who can help the team compete. Then again, I am not the one paying his checks so....

Anyway, I am really glad for him this year. It really seems that Quinn has been the best player (in the first half) for us every game

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
#calledit

Take your pick from anyone above him on this chart. The reality is while Quinn's stats have sucked, he is still a better pure pass rusher than Floyd. He gets double teamed more than Floyd and he wins his matchups at a higher rate than Floyd. He just hasn't been able to close this year but that is how it goes with pass rushers sometimes. I would put money on Quinn having more sacks than Floyd next year especially given the likely odds and if Pagano is replaced.

I am still surprised that people don't understand how good Aaron Donald is.

Floyd is not a good pass rusher. He simply plays for a team that has the greatest inside pass rusher in NFL history. Floyd's individual pass rush win rate is below average despite double teams. He gets most of his sacks due to Donald and Ramsey.

As for Quinn, it is likely he had an unusually unlucky year when it comes to converting pressures into sacks. The other issue is Pagano's defense gives up easy completions so even though he and Mack beat their guy in under 2.5 seconds at a higher right than Floyd, the ball is usually gone by then.

Quin's pass rush win rate and double team rate was higher than Floyd's last year. Sometimes guys just get unlucky. It also didn't help that Pagano played his CBs off and so a lot of times despite winning in under 2.5 seconds, the ball was already gone. If Quinn is healthy I think he will have a rebound year. Sacks come in bunches for DEs. So I expect Quinn to still get the bulk of the reps at OLB over JA and Gipson.

Made this point before. Quinn had better underlying metrics than Floyd. Pagano having the CBs playing soft didnt help Mack or Quinn. That and Quinn was just unusually unlucky last year in not finishing.

I may be in the minority but I think Quinn will be fine this year. His PRWR and double team % was higher than Floyd's. It is just one of those things where he was pretty unlucky in terms of finishing and again Pagano did not help him.

Ditka19861

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was recovering from an injury last year, so I'm glad he's back too :)

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, a special congratulations to Mac Jones awarded Offensive Rookie of the Month!!

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought Quinn played hurt most of last year. Shame on the team for not being able to spell him more.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I thought it was a terrible signing last year - it looked like Bears paid big money for a pre-injured guy who was too old to return to form. But he has returned to form, in hindsight it was a gamble from Pace but it paid off.