Robert Quinn is back!

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I thought it was a terrible signing last year - it looked like Bears paid big money for a pre-injured guy who was too old to return to form. But he has returned to form, in hindsight it was a gamble from Pace but it paid off.
I'm not sure I'd say it paid off he had an awful year. Now is having a great year on a 4-7 team. What's their record without him? 3-8?

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure I'd say it paid off he had an awful year. Now is having a great year on a 4-7 team. What's their record without him? 3-8?
I don't think team record is all that relevant to judging the success of an EDGE rusher, but i'm working under the assumption that Bears eating shit on his first year was the opportunity cost to get him for the following (hopefully) productive seasons. Although if this year is a 1 year flash in the pan then it goes back to looking like a terrible signing, if htey can get this kind of a production out of him next year then I think thats basically all you can ask for a 30+ year old edge rusher.

mecha

Liked Posts:
he's one player. in a unit. kind of like the quarterback, they alone don't make the team magically win games.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
giphy.gif

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
So Pace was getting ripped on at this time last year for the Quinn signing.... Anyone gonna give Pace some props?

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:

A football team's overall record is a terrible way of evaluating a single player. With this line of thinking you could say the Lions shouldn't have even bothered with Calvin Johnson and Barry Sanders since they were always on sucky teams.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
A football team's overall record is a terrible way of evaluating a single player. With this line of thinking you could say the Lions shouldn't have even bothered with Calvin Johnson and Barry Sanders since they were always on sucky teams.
Those guys were icons for a franchise and were elite every year. Quinn will likely be a blip on the radar for the bears once his careers over. He's had a terrible year and a great year. He's hardly a win at this point.

TishLover

Liked Posts:
It would be scary if Khalil Mack is fully healthy.