Rodgers vs Bears defense

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Here are the last 3 games Rodgers has had against the Bears. In which the Packers have avg 40+ points per game

Game 1 Rodgers had 302 passing yards 4 TD 0 INT 0 Fumbles 1 sack 0 QB hits 151.2 rating Packers score 38 points

Game 2 Rodgers had 315 passing yards 6 TD 0 INT 0 Fumbles 0 sacks 6 QB hits 145.8 rating Packers score 55 points

Game 1 Rodgers had 189 passing yards 3 TD 0 INT 0 Fumbles 0 sacks 0 QB hits 140.5 rating Packers score 31 points

If the Bears defense cant find some way to keep Rodgers in check and from having a near perfect rating, the Bears will lose the game tonight. It won't matter whether jay has a bad or good game.

That's 13 TD 0 INT 0 Fumbles 1 sack 6 QB hits and a 145+ rating & scored 124 points, over the course of the last 3 games against the Bears.

Lifetime Rodgers has thrown 3637 passing yards thrown 34 TD / 8 INT and has a 111.6 rating against the Bears in 15 games. This includes the game he left early in the game due to injury.

Aaron Rodgers is a top few QB of all-time and if the Bears plan to win tonight. Fox/Fangio better have this defense living in the Packers backfield all night long.

The last time the Bears held the Packers to under 31 points was the 1st game of the 2013 season in which Rodgers left early due to injury.

The last game of the season in 2013 against the Bears with the division title up for grabs. The Bears looked like they had that game heading towards their W column in the 4th QTR but the Bears defense allowed 2 late TD and the Packers won 33-28. Rodgers threw for 2 TD 2 INT 1 Fumble and had a 60.4 rating but the Bears still found a way to lose, even though the Bears scored 28 points. Hopefully the boneheaded defensive plays are a thing of the past against the Packers but I will believe it, if & when I see it tonight.

So the last 4 games against the Packers they have scored 38-55-31-33

So until the Bears can stop Rodgers & their offense from putting up 31 or more points every time they play them. It likely won't matter what Cutler and the offense are doing good or bad.

As far as I'm concerned the Bears are probably going to have to win in a shoot out tonight in bad weather conditions. Unfortunately for the Bears they are so depleted talent and injury wise that they appear to be heading into a gun fight with a knife in their hands. While the Packers gun is missing a few bullets, it has more than enough bullets remaining & waiting to be fired out of the chamber.

With that said, I'm going to be rooting for the Bears on every play tonight and hoping they find some way to pressure Rodgers. While at the same time knowing that history has shown me that Rodgers is likely to have all day long to throw the ball and Cutler on the other hand will be running for his life against them.

In case you missed it earlier in this post

Rodgers last 3 games against the Bears

1 sack
6 QB hits (all in 1 of the 3 games)
13 TD
0 INT
0 Fumbles
145+ rating
40+ points per game with 31 being the lowest earlier this year.

What are the odds that the Bears hit and sack Rodgers at a good enough pace to make a difference in this game?

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Rodgers is going to get outside the pocket as usual and make plays.

This team will seriously be competing for the NFCN next year I believe though.

Darkman

Liked Posts:
Just don't get embarrassed like the Eagles please.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Just throw 2014 out the window. The defense is a lot different from week 1 and so is there offense. I think the bears win 23-16

I hope you're right. I can see some of the reasoning as to why some feel that way but I'm still skeptical they can do what they need to against the Packers offense.

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Rodgers is going to get outside the pocket as usual and make plays.

This team will seriously be competing for the NFCN next year I believe though.

I would like you to be wrong but I think you're probably right.

Maybe Rodgers footing will be bad in this weather. That would help a ton but more likely it will be Bears players slipping and sliding most of the time. The recent years it always seems to work out like that.