Rondale Moore: Don't Believe the Hype vol. 1

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Don’t believe the hype: Rondale Moore WR, Purdue

I’m going to try to put out a quick series around some players that are just receiving so much hype it’s not even funny. I was going to start with Trask and Mills, but I figured I’d go with another guy that I’ve heard some people pining for. My next one will be on Trask and Mills.

So, let’s take a look at Rondale Moore, Mr. Offensive weapon Rookie liquid lightning dude. I’m just going to call him Mr. Glass. Why? Simple, you don’t even need two hands to count the number of games he has played over the past two years at Perdue. Yes, you have more fingers on two hands than he has played in two seasons!

So, last year, I was all over KJ Hamler. I may have been the first to ignite that bandwagon. I learned my lesson. I have eaten my crow. Now, was Hamler the right talent for the Bears, yes. Money clearly illustrates that that skillset would have been a welcome spark for our team, but Nagy and Mitch, well, there you go. So, what was wrong with Hamler? Dude was injured a lot in college and, surprise, got injured in the pros and ended the season on IR. He was great when available, posting 3tds, but availability and durability are questions. He’s saying the right things about hitting turbo this year, but he had even more game tape than Moore! So, there’s that.

Rondale Moore is barely 5’ 7” tall and about a 170 pounds. Yes, he was listed at 2” taller, much like Rashod Bateman being about 5’11 and not the 6’ 2’ advertised. Yeah, that’s the game, isn’t it? Inflate the stats. Also, everybody is running a 4.3 at pro days this year. 4.2’s are going like gifts on Oprah. I can’t.

But, people are looking at Moore’s skill set and drooling. Please. Have you met Cohen? We have him signed for a few more years and he has already done what some people want to use a first round draft pick on.

Now, let’s discuss Anthony Miller. I watched him play at Memphis. I watched virtually every televised game he played in. I thought I was scouting the QB and the big WR, yet Miller was amazing. Why? Because he is a true offensive weapon with the ball in his hands. He needs to be treated as such.

So, what does that Hello Kitty Too Cute Knucklehead Nagy go and do? He says that he needs this guy to run precise routes and be a sticky-handed slot receiver. Then, a year later, he drafts Riley Ridley, a WR lacking footspeed. So, this bonehead took two different WRs, Miller and Ridley, to try to create the same archetype. They don’t have the WR they need. If Trubisky had thrown Miller catchable balls, and they had used him like an offensive weapon, you know, played to his strengths, he would have done much much better than he has been.

I'll keep banging the table and say that Elijah Moore has the skillset they wanted with the Archetype of Miller and Ridley: a wr that is electric, sticky hands, and can run precise routes.

So, this brings us back to Rondale Moore and his hype. Mr. Glass is going to be injured.

Nagy Too Cute loves to run Cohen up the middle. Can you even imagine what this boneheaded stubborn motherfucker would do with Rondale Moore as he is calling plays during the 3rd toughest schedule in the NFL?

Rondale Moore is all hype. I sincerely hope that Green Bay drafts him.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

I’m going to try to put out a quick series around some players that are just receiving so much hype it’s not even funny. I was going to start with Trask and Mills, but I figured I’d go with another guy that I’ve heard some people pining for. My next one will be on Trask and Mills.

So, let’s take a look at Rondale Moore, Mr. Offensive weapon Rookie liquid lightning dude. I’m just going to call him Mr. Glass. Why? Simple, you don’t even need two hands to count the number of games he has played over the past two years at Perdue. Yes, you have more fingers on two hands than he has played in two seasons!

So, last year, I was all over KJ Hamler. I may have been the first to ignite that bandwagon. I learned my lesson. I have eaten my crow. Now, was Hamler the right talent for the Bears, yes. Money clearly illustrates that that skillset would have been a welcome spark for our team, but Nagy and Mitch, well, there you go. So, what was wrong with Hamler? Dude was injured a lot in college and, surprise, got injured in the pros and ended the season on IR. He was great when available, posting 3tds, but availability and durability are questions. He’s saying the right things about hitting turbo this year, but he had even more game tape than Moore! So, there’s that.

Rondale Moore is barely 5’ 7” tall and about a 170 pounds. Yes, he was listed at 2” taller, much like Rashod Bateman being about 5’11 and not the 6’ 2’ advertised. Yeah, that’s the game, isn’t it? Inflate the stats. Also, everybody is running a 4.3 at pro days this year. 4.2’s are going like gifts on Oprah. I can’t.

But, people are looking at Moore’s skill set and drooling. Please. Have you met Cohen? We have him signed for a few more years and he has already done what some people want to use a first round draft pick on.

Now, let’s discuss Anthony Miller. I watched him play at Memphis. I watched virtually every televised game he played in. I thought I was scouting the QB and the big WR, yet Miller was amazing. Why? Because he is a true offensive weapon with the ball in his hands. He needs to be treated as such.

So, what does that Hello Kitty Too Cute Knucklehead Nagy go and do? He says that he needs this guy to run precise routes and be a sticky-handed slot receiver. Then, a year later, he drafts Riley Ridley, a WR lacking footspeed. So, this bonehead took two different WRs, Miller and Ridley, to try to create the same archetype. They don’t have the WR they need. If Trubisky had thrown Miller catchable balls, and they had used him like an offensive weapon, you know, played to his strengths, he would have done much much better than he has been.

I'll keep banging the table and say that Elijah Moore has the skillset they wanted with the Archetype of Miller and Ridley: a wr that is electric, sticky hands, and can run precise routes.

So, this brings us back to Rondale Moore and his hype. Mr. Glass is going to be injured.

Nagy Too Cute loves to run Cohen up the middle. Can you even imagine what this boneheaded stubborn motherfucker would do with Rondale Moore as he is calling plays during the 3rd toughest schedule in the NFL?

You know I love rondale, but I won't disagree with this. He is injury prone and that is a risk which I hope makes him fall a bit. Also Nagy doesn't know what to do with weapons.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Rondale Moore is 180 and bench presses over 600lbs. He's short, he's not tiny or frail though (also, Bateman measured at 6' 3/8", an inch and a half more than 5'11 you claim).

Not really sure how to feel about Rondale. I'm not going to count the games played against him too much. There's a lot of players in this draft that don't have much experience because of Covid. He played 3 of Purdue's 6 games this year, and at least he played those considering he opted out at one point.

I do agree that the body type and skillset does kind of seem redundant to Cohen. And like Cohen, his production per touch went WAY down his last season. While he did catch 35 passes in the 3 games he played, there was a ton of dumpoffs and his yard per touch went from 11 as a freshman (on 135 touches), to over 12 as a sophomore, down to 7.4 this year. So Purdue was force feeding him the ball short the way Nagy loves to do Cohen (and Patterson) at times. I have questions whether he can run the full route tree from the slot at the NFL level, but I do think he's good enough with the ball in his hands to put him with a 1st round grade.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Honestly, I'm just not impressed with this kid. It has little to with his availability, but moreover his skillset as a whole. He is talked up to be this shifty, fast wr. But while he has a bit of a step on his opponents in college, I really don't see his speed really jumping out on tape.

What gap he has now on his opponents will get smaller as he plays against much faster defenses, who deliver much more punishing hits. You rarely see a guy get faster in the NFL. Guys age and the opponents get younger and faster.

Also, I dont see him as shifty. Hiss main move is to cut to the right, which will be easily figured out at the next level. He also seems to run out of gas a bit when going down field.

All in all. If this kid has success, it will be short lived on his rookie contract. But I do agree, he may not even be durable enough to handle the NFL.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Honestly, I'm just not impressed with this kid. It has little to with his availability, but moreover his skillset as a whole. He is talked up to be this shifty, fast wr. But while he has a bit of a step on his opponents in college, I really don't see his speed really jumping out on tape.

What gap he has now on his opponents will get smaller as he plays against much faster defenses, who deliver much more punishing hits. You rarely see a guy get faster in the NFL. Guys age and the opponents get younger and faster.

Also, I dont see him as shifty. Hiss main move is to cut to the right, which will be easily figured out at the next level. He also seems to run out of gas a bit when going down field.

All in all. If this kid has success, it will be short lived on his rookie contract. But I do agree, he may not even be durable enough to handle the NFL.

Yikes. He broke 37 tackles as a freshman. More than any WR has broken in any of the last 3 years.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
While I do have my favorites I refuse to fixate on one player of this prototype as this class is really deep at the slot position. If the bears chose to address that early with a guy like Toney, he should be ripe for the picking. If they want to wait there will be a nice cluster of talent to pick through in rounds 3-6.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Rondale Moore is 180 and bench presses over 600lbs. He's short, he's not tiny or frail though (also, Bateman measured at 6' 3/8", an inch and a half more than 5'11 you claim).

He does not bench press 600 lbs at 180. There are videos of him bouncing 405 off his chest last year. He is probably a legit 365 bencher, (still a good number especially at 180lbs). He did squat 600 as a freshmen.

Last edited:

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
He does not bench press 600 lbs at 180. There are videos of him bouncing 405 off his chest last year. He is probably a legit 365 bencher, (still a good number especially at 180lbs). He did squat 600 as a freshmen.

I was wondering if 600 lbs was bench or actually squats. Still pretty impressive lifting numbers for someone his size

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Not really sure how to feel about Rondale. I'm not going to count the games played against him too much. There's a lot of players in this draft that don't have much experience because of Covid. He played 3 of Purdue's 6 games this year, and at least he played those considering he opted out at one point.

I do agree that the body type and skillset does kind of seem redundant to Cohen. And like Cohen, his production per touch went WAY down his last season. While he did catch 35 passes in the 3 games he played, there was a ton of dumpoffs and his yard per touch went from 11 as a freshman (on 135 touches), to over 12 as a sophomore, down to 7.4 this year. So Purdue was force feeding him the ball short the way Nagy loves to do Cohen (and Patterson) at times. I have questions whether he can run the full route tree from the slot at the NFL level, but I do think he's good enough with the ball in his hands to put him with a 1st round grade.
Huh?

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions

While everyone was clamoring for Hamler I told ya"ll he was not worth a high pick.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

I meant squat. Sorry about that.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The original post says Rashod Bateman measured at 5'11", despite being measured at 6'2". But he actually measured at 6' and 3/8".
But 6' 3/8" isn't an inch and a half taller than 5'11"

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
well according to the Lambert guy the Bears have been all over him, it's as if they've never heard Jay Cutler beg for tall guys with a large catch radius, forcing QB's to try to hit that throw over the linebackers and in front of the safeties with some 5'7 guy.....i'm starting to wonder if Nagy has a midget/dwarf fetish

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
well according to the Lambert guy the Bears have been all over him, it's as if they've never heard Jay Cutler beg for tall guys with a large catch radius, forcing QB's to try to hit that throw over the linebackers and in front of the safeties with some 5'7 guy.....i'm starting to wonder if Nagy has a midget/dwarf fetish

It's like, I get what they're thinking: if I can only hit him in space and watch him go vrooooom!

Nagy is more interested in psyching out his opponents with 6th dimensional substitutions and trinkets as opposed to the nuts and bolts fundamentals. Line up and hit a dude; that's football.

This guy and the guy who can't get seperation or run routes from Western Michigan probably have him drooling.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
It's like, I get what they're thinking: if I can only hit him in space and watch him go vrooooom!

Nagy is more interested in psyching out his opponents with 6th dimensional substitutions and trinkets as opposed to the nuts and bolts fundamentals. Line up and hit a dude; that's football.

This guy and the guy who can't get seperation or run routes from Western Michigan probably have him drooling.
I would bet Nagy has a Tavon Austin replica jersey in his closet