Rookie Kenny Pickett may start week one over Trubisky

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Most likely but Trubisky is going into his sixth year and struggling to beat out a rookie.
How is he struggling? He looks very good and it's against first stringers. This is not even close.

Reactions: Myk

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Cmon let’s be realistic. Regardless of how inept Nagy was…trubisky is just not that good. Backup good, yes. He will likely get a nice paycheck for the foreseeable future, but I’m not even sure that he will have a “Fitzpatrick” caliber success. Just my opinion.
Trubisky can be a very solid QB. Not worth the early pick but a late first rounder for sure. And Nagy was that inept.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Cmon let’s be realistic. Regardless of how inept Nagy was…trubisky is just not that good. Backup good, yes. He will likely get a nice paycheck for the foreseeable future, but I’m not even sure that he will have a “Fitzpatrick” caliber success. Just my opinion.

Ehh, anything can happen in the NFL. Plenty of scrubs have stuck it out for a bit with good teams.

Mitch is def not a difference maker, but he helped that 2018 squad to a bunch of wins. He plays smart football for the most part, even if he can't throw one.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Trubisky can be a very solid QB. Not worth the early pick but a late first rounder for sure. And Nagy was that inept.

That would be very rare, and near impossible. In my lifetime the only quarterback I've seen go from pisspoor accuracy to elite level is josh allen.

Mitch is a great guy, but he has the same issue Jimmy G has, and a ton of other QB's who become career journeyman:

Inconsistency, particularly past 10 yards.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
How is he struggling? He looks very good and it's against first stringers. This is not even close.

If he wasn't struggling they wouldn't be sharing first team reps and getting the rookie ready this early.

mecha

Liked Posts:
fucking. I missed the opportunity to #calledit this one.

mother bitch

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky starts, I'd be shocked if he didn't. But Pickett will be in sooner than later. They have a bye in week nine. Unless Trubisky is 7-2, I think Pickett comes in after that and probably never looks back.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If he wasn't struggling they wouldn't be sharing first team reps and getting the rookie ready this early.
Are actual reports coming out of camp that he's struggling, though? Or is this just conjecture?

I followed a few things, because I have Steelers fan friends. I think he struggled a bit early, but then looked better and looked pretty good in preseason. Pickett has impressed, too. Not sure if that counts as him "struggling", though.

He's a bridge QB. Everyone knows that. It's just how long the Steelers want to use him as a bridge based on Pickett's development and how bad their oline is...

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
He is sharing reps but the reason is not that he is struggling. Both looked good. No one in Pittsburgh thinks Trubisky is struggling.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@EZPeezy @hckypro19ja @Noonthirtyjoe @Britbuffguy @DaaBears @msadows

@CRM 114 probably has the complete list. Many more where that came from.

What's odd is not that there are some individuals on here that believe that Trubisky is the one that paid the price for Bears leadership and took the fall for them and believe that now that he is out of hell may have a good career in front of him.

What IS odd is the overall hatred for Trubisky by the others on this message board.

I flew to Wisconsin this week for a wedding at Whistling Straits in Sheboygan, obviously many Packer fans. They all think Trubisky is going to shine in Pittsburgh when they straighten out their huge offensive line issue, which THEY WILL. That is the difference between the Steelers and the Bears organization.

Last edited:

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Most likely but Trubisky is going into his sixth year and struggling to beat out a rookie.

Calling it struggling is a stretch. For what they've both shown Trubisky has it easy, he looks much better than he did with Nagy.
But allegedly Pickett hasn't been given much chance to show and Trubisky has.
That means there's no real struggle. Trubbles is the anointed one for now and Pickett is the anointed one later.

Trubisky's struggle will come later to keep Pickett from taking the job. Even that's not much of a struggle because it's likely just how it is and what Trubisky will really be playing for is a longer term starting job elsewhere if he can prove it with the Steelers.

It amazes me after Grossman people can't comprehend the politics around QBs in most cities.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Calling it struggling is a stretch. For what they've both shown Trubisky has it easy, he looks much better than he did with Nagy.
But allegedly Pickett hasn't been given much chance to show and Trubisky has.
That means there's no real struggle. Trubbles is the anointed one for now and Pickett is the anointed one later.

Trubisky's struggle will come later to keep Pickett from taking the job. Even that's not much of a struggle because it's likely just how it is and what Trubisky will really be playing for is a longer term starting job elsewhere if he can prove it with the Steelers.

It amazes me after Grossman people can't comprehend the politics around QBs in most cities.
Grossman was pretty terrible though. you all can say what you want about Cutler, he ate up and shit out Grossman and Orton.

What's odd is not that there are some individuals on here that believe that Trubisky is the one that paid the price for Bears leadership and took the fall for them and believe that now that he is out of hell may have a good career in front of him.

What IS odd is the overall hatred for Trubisky by the others on this message board.

I flew to Wisconsin this week for a wedding at Whistling Straits in Sheboygan, obviously many Packer fans. They all think Trubisky is going to shine in Pittsburgh when they straighten out their huge offensive line issue, which THEY WILL. That is the difference between the Steelers and the Bears organization.
bringing me to my next point, why Cutler was among the names of something like 50 quarterbacks that couldn't make it, the Bears and the chess pieces they put on the board were at fault for that. here's hoping we have coaches that understand both sides of the ball for once.

thedarkstark

Liked Posts:
That would be very rare, and near impossible. In my lifetime the only quarterback I've seen go from pisspoor accuracy to elite level is josh allen.

Inconsistency, particularly past 10 yards.
How old are you? Drew Brees had a completion percentage in the 50's after his first 3 seasons, he later went on to post the all-time single season record at 74.4% and he currently sits #2 all time in career completion % (he's .1% behind Watson)

Obviously Brees is the exception and not the rule, but it does happen. Alex Smith is another guy who was terrible early and got far more accurate later in his career. Mitch mentioned he had never worked on footwork or throwing mechanics at all until his 4th year, Nagy was beyond trash.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Don't care.

Thanks.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They should start Mitch for a few and easy Pickett in. Let him assimilate the routine. Mitch is the journeyman in this scenario. He's better than he ever was but will never be a destination.

I watched 2 Mitch series on replay. He scrambled and had a back come up to run him out of bounds... 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage. He still forgets to lob the ball OB to not take a sack and a loss. Never got touched.

:obama:

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

Did we ever see anything like this from Trubisky? Maybe it was one of those rare times but I don't recall them being that long when they happened.

Grossman was pretty terrible though. you all can say what you want about Cutler, he ate up and shit out Grossman and Orton.

Point was Grossman was pretty terrible yet he was the anointed one for a very long time while we had the better QB anointed as bench warmer. The rest of the NFL proved who was better.

I forget the specifics but I've seen other Steeler tweets saying Trubisky smashed other Bear QBs getting to 10K yards. It may be something else but it's along those lines to say Trubisky couldn't possibly have been as bad as what the CCS QB trolls claimed.
Same goes for Cutler. You simply can't have QBs smashing Bear records with the blame all on the QB. Especially when you consider the tools we give our QBs. We seem to have started trying to get QBs, we have yet to start trying to get a complete offense.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah i think everyone thinks he'll end up losing the starting job to Pickett but that'll depend on their record and as long as Trubs is playing well enough to give them a winning record.
So if trubisky has a winning record he will keep starting? Thanks!