Rookie Kenny Pickett may start week one over Trubisky

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

View attachment 22143
That’s the smart move. All things being near equal, go with the one that’s your future. I’m not sure what expectations the Steelers have, but, should Tiny hand two gloves look like something, it won’t be considered a wasted season, and, believe it or not, Tomlin could turn down the flames under his seat.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
Doesn't matter, Pickett will be starting by week 7. Trubusty, is ass cheeks. Also, since he isn't on the Bears anymore, can we finally let this die?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Doesn't matter, Pickett will be starting by week 7. Trubusty, is ass cheeks. Also, since he isn't on the Bears anymore, can we finally let this die?

You have to learn to stop giving your time to things that don't interest you.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you have passing interest in the Steelers or you can google with a minimum of skill, it says most people believe Trubisky will start.

Reactions: Myk

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If you have passing interest in the Steelers or you can google with a minimum of skill, it says most people believe Trubisky will start.
Most likely but Trubisky is going into his sixth year and struggling to beat out a rookie.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Most likely but Trubisky is going into his sixth year and struggling to beat out a rookie.

Well I'm sure u agree, when a team drafts a Qb in the 1st round, he will eventually start regardless. Right?

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is he though? I see someone with so much hate is try to use an obvious click bait article to prove his point. I mean, this article would be about any 1st round QB that team doesn’t have an established QB. There is literally nothing to take from this article.

I think most people would agree that Trubisky is going to start and sometime during the season will be replaced by the rookie to evaluate him.

The only to see is if Trubisky is still starting late in the season(after Steelers are out of playoff picture) that might mean that the rookie doesn’t have the coaches confidence to start(potential bust). If the rookie starts before week 4 then the coaching staff has lost confidence in Trubisky.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Tomlin is arguably the best coach in the NFL. I trust that whoever he starts is the right QB for the team.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Is he though? I see someone with so much hate is try to use an obvious click bait article to prove his point. I mean, this article would be about any 1st round QB that team doesn’t have an established QB. There is literally nothing to take from this article.

I think most people would agree that Trubisky is going to start and sometime during the season will be replaced by the rookie to evaluate him.

The only to see is if Trubisky is still starting late in the season(after Steelers are out of playoff picture) that might mean that the rookie doesn’t have the coaches confidence to start(potential bust). If the rookie starts before week 4 then the coaching staff has lost confidence in Trubisky.

Yes as of today Tomlin says he was not announced a starter and first team snaps are still being split between the two with Trubisky getting more.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Who said he's struggling to beat him out? Tomlin has been hinting that he already knows who's going to start for a couple weeks now.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Who said he's struggling to beat him out? Tomlin has been hinting that he already knows who's going to start for a couple weeks now.
Why wait until day one to announce it? and why split first team reps if you know who the starter is 100%? Wouldn't it make sense to focus on Trubisky if he's your guy.

I believe he'll start but it's his job to lose this is a similar situation he was in with Mike Glennon.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Heavily doubt pickett gets the nod week 1.

Who is a more reputable source, Jay Glazer or some guy on ChiCitySports named Aesopian?

I'm gonna take Jay Glazer, even if I think both are Special person.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Heavily doubt pickett gets the nod week 1.

Who is a more reputable source, Jay Glazer or some guy on ChiCitySports named Aesopian?

I'm gonna take Jay Glazer, even if I think both are Special person.
If you read the thread you'd see I think Trubisky get the start.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Me.

But I know mitch sucks, I just know Tomlin is too good of a coach to start a Green AF rookie week 1 on the road against a team that was just in the superblow.

Pickett will come in week 4 when the steelers start 0-3

Ah so you came to the same conclusion as I did.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Why wait until day one to announce it? and why split first team reps if you know who the starter is 100%? Wouldn't it make sense to focus on Trubisky if he's your guy.

I believe he'll start but it's his job to lose this is a similar situation he was in with Mike Glennon.
Yeah i think everyone thinks he'll end up losing the starting job to Pickett but that'll depend on their record and as long as Trubs is playing well enough to give them a winning record.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
@dbldrew , @Spartan , @inchibearfan

@Anytime23 which Trubisky but huggers am I missing ?
When did I say the Buscuit would be good? I was not a big fan of the pick, especially the trade up to get him. I actually thought Mahomes would fall towards the end of the 1st and wanted him to be the pick with a trade down but did not think any of them would pan out longterm.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cmon let’s be realistic. Regardless of how inept Nagy was…trubisky is just not that good. Backup good, yes. He will likely get a nice paycheck for the foreseeable future, but I’m not even sure that he will have a “Fitzpatrick” caliber success. Just my opinion.