Rookie Mini-Camp Day 2

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Sounds like Mitch and Fields should've had the opposite approach, which is obvious. Mitch should've sat out an entire year, but Fox flung him out there too quickly, where as Fields should be the starter and Nagy mighty have him sit for awhile.

But it is the Bears, so doing things ass backwards is always key.

Mitch should've sat out the entire 4 years

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Winds of change are blowing over buildings in Chicago. It all feels different. With Mitch you hoped he'd be the guy. There were too many ifs and buts connected to him. You were like "we'll see. Hopefully." With WADTGPITHOTNFL, there's just pure hope because you see it in him. You've seen big stage, big balls gaming. He oozes confidence. He's smart. The fact that theres universal praise among fans and pundits is probably something we've never seen before.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Living down in FLA I get the Waffle house anxiety, but once he figures out there are 1237 better greek owned breakfast restaurants in the greater Chicagoland are he should be fine.
One of the reporters said there was no late night options. I don't believe that for a second. I do love some waffle house though

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Love Tsukasa in VH. The City BBQ in that area down I60 sucks though. The Kumas VH is not bad though.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
One of the reporters said there was no late night options. I don't believe that for a second. I do love some waffle house though
White Palace Grill on Roosevelt and Canal is open 24-7 and is great. There are dozens of other places like that around the city.

Waffle House is great and for what it is, it's a treasure. But there is way, way better brekky and diner food in Chicago.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
There's a Pakistani restaurant on Devon Avenue that I love to eat at when I'm in town called chopal. The place is literally always dead and I wondered how they stay open but apparently cater a lot of Pakistani weddings.

Portillos was always a go to for me, but we finally got one close by recently.

There was a bar and grill we use to go to before cub games at the corner of clark, sheffield, and Newport but I just looked at a map to see the name and it shows something else there now. So I'm assuming it closed

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
No worries with the posting.

We are like a team, we try to make your posting as seamless as possible and you can be the star ... of the post.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

“It’s not fun and games when we’re on the field,” tackle Larry Borom, who trained with Fields before the draft, said Saturday. “It’s definitely 100% business. And he wants to do the job at the highest level that he can. I try to echo that with my play ....

“It sets the tone for the whole offense. If you see your quarterback, he’s not messing around, it makes everyone else want to work 10 times harder.”

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
There's a Pakistani restaurant on Devon Avenue that I love to eat at when I'm in town called chopal. The place is literally always dead and I wondered how they stay open but apparently cater a lot of Pakistani weddings.

Portillos was always a go to for me, but we finally got one close by recently.

There was a bar and grill we use to go to before cub games at the corner of clark, sheffield, and Newport but I just looked at a map to see the name and it shows something else there now. So I'm assuming it closed
They're getting ready to open a Portillos down here in Orlando June 15th.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Sounds like Mitch and Fields should've had the opposite approach, which is obvious. Mitch should've sat out an entire year, but Fox flung him out there too quickly, where as Fields should be the starter and Nagy mighty have him sit for awhile.

But it is the Bears, so doing things ass backwards is always key.
I would be ok with that if the results are backwards of what happened to Trubisky, I guess.

1. Does not make the pro bowl as an injury replacement his rookie year.
  2. A pro bowler for the rest of his career.
  3. Not 6 touchdowns against the Bucs. 5 is alright.
  4. 6 touchdowns against every other team
  5. accurate
  6. Not carried by the defense. Joins the defense in pushing up the victories.
  7. Top 10 offense, not bottom 10 offense
  8. Top 5 QB, not bottom 5. The top QB is a top 5 QB
  9. 5th year option signed the second he is eligible for it.
  10. Not injury prone
  11. Not afraid of running
  12. Not afraid of a messy pocket. Trubisky was more of the messy shorts variety.
  13. Did I mention accurate?
  14. Accurate long ball
  15. Accurate medium ball
  16. Accurate short ball
  17. Can read a defense
  18. Is able to sometimes look at multiple targets and will only get better
  19. Has the ability to look off defenders
  20. Has 4.3 speed. He slipped on both his runs and still had a timed 4.4 speed
  21. He would have taken grandma's new car and left her with the old one.
  22. He didn't take grandma's new car because he can get there, wherever there is, faster with his legs than a car.
  23. His teammates would not run through a brick wall for him. They would build one or two brick walls in front of the brick wall and then run through all three walls.
  24. He is an alpha leader, not a beta like Trubisky.
  25. He gives real answers during interviews, not what he thinks the media wants to hear or what the Bears organization wants him to say.
  26. He will be the first franchise Bears QB in all of our lives, or at least most of our lives
  27. He will finally make the Bears organization the final organization with a 4000 yard passer.
  28. He will add the Bears organization to the 5000 yard passing list.
  29. He will break every Bears QB records besides number of interceptions
  30. He will become the only NFL QB with 6000 yards passing in a season.
  31. He will become the only NFL QB with 60 passing TDs in a season.
  32. He will own all Bears QB records ... in his 5th year starting (6th year)
  33. He will break most of the NFL QB season and career records before he is done
  34. He will always give the Bears a home team discount because he will make so much money with advertising that his salary would be dwarfed by it, as he realizes that winning gets more advertising money than he could get from his salary and being able to keep good teammates wins more games.
  35. He will win so many Super Bowls that he will get arrested for showing his 11th Super Bowl ring.
  36. He will have a career into his mid 40s and he will never lose a game to the Packers.
  37. His kid will be drafted by the Bears and take over from Justin Fields himself and, he too, will never lose a game to the Packers in another 20+ year career.
Now THAT is kool-aid.

Last edited:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
it may be time for me to tell you guys about the time I was in a band and we went out to eat at Waffle House after but we brought along "Cussin Wanda"....a beautiful 6 foot blonde construction worker with a little acne and a perfect body who said the Eff bomb every 3rd or 4th word and actually got us kicked out of Waffle House at 3am for offending people which is not easy to do at 3am
Could she get sailors to blush?

MurrDogg34

Liked Posts:
I live in Denver, so Im kinda fucked
Same here. We need a Portillo's. Chicago Style Beef & Dogs is good, but not quite the same. I don't live downtown anymore, though. So if you've found any better, help a guy out. haha