1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Trey Lance had a 80 yard play

Fields had some nice plays

Lawrence and Zach Wilson did alright ?

What is everyone thoughts

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
They all looked good. Lance and Zach Wilson were my two favorite quarterbacks coming out of the draft, but they also had the highest bust potential. Lance fell into a perfect situation in SF, and Wilson fell in to probably the worst. I'll be keeping an eye on those two closely. My early pre-season prediction is that Lance will be the OROY.

Lawrence will look good, but his team isn't going to be very good (though I think they will be improved).

Mac Jones looked solid in his debut, but I don't think the Patriots have any weapons on offense that scare you. I think that's going to hold him back a little.

I expect Fields to start the majority of games this season for the Bears, and I think he's going to play well—especially early on before the competition ramps up and teams get more familiar with him. The OL and Nagy's playcalling inconsistency is going to neuter him somewhat, but he should be able to overcome some of that with his legs, which I expect he'll be needing to use quite a bit this year to get away from bad situations.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Not a rookie but J Love played well in his first game.
Pretty sure he ain’t winning the job though. Lol
At least not this year.

Rise

Liked Posts:
1. Fields. He took over an entire quarter and put up 17 straight points, highest qb rating and most points scored of the rookies.

2. Lance. Just for the huge splash play, plus had some cheap drops that hurt his completion %.

3. Wilson. Was taking negative press all week and looked in control, ball flies out of his hands, high completion %.

4. Lawrence. Had one really nice throw but it came off of great blocking where he had all day. Looks the part though, just needs a better team around him as he isn’t a scrambler.

5. Mac. Didn’t look bad just nothing really jumped out for me. Had one nice potential td pass dropped. That said he was in control perfect fit.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I didn’t watch anyone else play except for Fields but based on stats alone, it looks like Fields had the best day. Obviously that could be different depending on types of throws made, etc
Also amount of time on the field and against back ups. That being said this rookie class of QBs could be one for the ages. Itd be insane if they all turn out to be really good. Odds say there should be a bust or two at least.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
1. Fields. He took over an entire quarter and put up 17 straight points, highest qb rating and most points scored of the rookies.

2. Lance. Just for the huge splash play, plus had some cheap drops that hurt his completion %.

3. Wilson. Was taking negative press all week and looked in control, ball flies out of his hands, high completion %.

4. Lawrence. Had one really nice throw but it came off of great blocking where he had all day. Looks the part though, just needs a better team around him as he isn’t a scrambler.

5. Mac. Didn’t look bad just nothing really jumped out for me. Had one nice potential td pass dropped. That said he was in control perfect fit.
Imagine 5 years from now 49ers vs Bears in the NFC title game and the Patriots vs Jacksonville in the AFC title game with the jets well, still being the Jets. I think if this happens with all these QBs still starters on these teams this class would be in the discussion for all time great QB classes. Wouldnt be #1 but itd be among the best ever.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Imagine 5 years from now 49ers vs Bears in the NFC title game and the Patriots vs Jacksonville in the AFC title game with the jets well, still being the Jets. I think if this happens with all these QBs still starters on these teams this class would be in the discussion for all time great QB classes. Wouldnt be #1 but itd be among the best ever.

I just want our guy to be the real deal for once. If this happens that would be true so I’m all for it. I would not count out the Jets either, I think they nailed their coaching hire.

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:
Love isn’t a rookie but he looked really good tonight. Granted Mitch looked great against that same Houston defense last year so it could’ve been a one off. We’ll see

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I could be completely wrong, but Lawrence always seemed to lack velocity on his throws. They seem to take forever to get to their target, unlike Lance, Wilson and Fields, who all seem to have more zip to their passes.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lance had one big play.

Fields, after two 3 and outs, was constantly effected for the next 3 drives and scored the most points of all rookie QBs.

I have a feeling Nagy just wanted to make sure fields would be just as good against live competition as he’s been in camp . Which he was. And might seriously start thinking about starting him week 1.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Trey Lance had a 80 yard play

Fields had some nice plays

Lawrence and Zach Wilson did alright ?

What is everyone thoughts

Watching the SF game now, Lance looked like shit. He had one play that made his day look way better than it was.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Not a rookie but J Love played well in his first game.
Pretty sure he ain’t winning the job though. Lol
At least not this year.

Meh, Houston sucks ass. I don't remember much from seeing Love at Utah St. I think he's gonna suck ass.

Paddy12345

Liked Posts:
Watching the SF game now, Lance looked like shit. He had one play that made his day look way better than it was.
Strongly disagree, lance looked great, I reckon fields and lance will be best out of this class. O line didn’t do lance any favours yesterday

Speed

Liked Posts:
5 of 14 is great?

On it's face it's not, but his receivers dropped like 3 or 4 bunnies he should be closer to 8 or 9 for 14. He did falter a bit towards the end with an almost INT, a fumble, and probably one of those sacks he took it felt like it might've been bad. Felt it was probably to closer to just "Okay or Good' than 'Great' retrospectively.

Last edited:

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Strongly disagree, lance looked great, I reckon fields and lance will be best out of this class. O line didn’t do lance any favours yesterday
Lance looked far from great.