mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

6. Roquan Smith, Chicago Bears

Highest ranking: 1 | Lowest ranking: 10

On the cusp in last year's rankings, Smith punctuated his stardom with improved play across the board in 2020.

"He put it all together," a Pro Bowl defensive player said. "Run fits, active in the run, pass, sacks, very disruptive. Came downhill. Ton of [tackles for loss]. You noticed gradual improvement."

Smith's ability to crash lanes on the way to the quarterback was elite. His 18 TFLs ranked second in the NFL to outside linebacker T.J. Watt.

"He's got the instincts, physical tackler, complete linebacker," a prominent NFL coach said of the 6-foot, 230-pounder. "What doesn't he have? Size -- could be a little bit bigger, more range, taller, but that's it."

Smith also recorded 42 run-stop tackle wins, one of the best totals from this group.

Only 'behind' White, Warner, Wagner, Leonard, & David. The takeaway from this is is highest ranking was #1...for anyone who hasn't noticed for some reason we have our guy.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
how is white better.... you can make a case for the others.... Leonard is overrated he just got a huge amount of takeaways that were mostly gifted to him.... Wagner and Davids time are coming to an end so nothing to worry there... white isn't as a complete Linebacker as Smith. statically Roquan smith had a better 2020 season. White rushed the passer on blitzes 3 times more than smith did(roquan smith would of generated better stats if you projected his attempts to match white)... smith COMPLETELY dominated him in terms of coverage stats. still had more TFL and turnovers. PS Darius Leonard has regressed since his rookie season significantly.... while roquan has only gotten better... way better.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Just gonna drop these here.

Called it!

Imagine how good he could be if he dropped that floatation device that's around his waste.
A much different picture than what @Bearly has been tryin' to point out to you guys here on World Star CCS.
This reminds me of all them people in the crowd dancing and cheering at an music awards show, until Mariah Carey bent over and her gut dropped out hanging like a glob of fat flesh...the whole crowd when awkwardly quite AF and confused. Poor Mariah, she ended up having a "mental breakdown" some time after that.
teyu3mv449jn5ubzjiwg.jpg

^That's FAT^ your belly DROP touching your legs is fat.
compared to Danny's gut..
npysskkfxqtkw8iykr9c.jpg

^tighten and no belly fat droppings.^

remember Lance Briggs' man tits? Yup! Quan should divorce from Danger quickly! wtf is that bitch feeding our boy anyways?
xnxmnn0pvlyntd9vgy6g.jpg

I'm hoping if we need a NT, Roquan will have no trouble filling in the holes...:rimshot:

coming soon..Lance Briggs is fat photo album and fell off.?‍♂️

Roquan Smith takes a step back this year.

5337161-JUZCKZNB-7.jpg

Replaceable IMO.

He might be slightly above average?

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
how is white better.... you can make a case for the others.... Leonard is overrated he just got a huge amount of takeaways that were mostly gifted to him.... Wagner and Davids time are coming to an end so nothing to worry there... white isn't as a complete Linebacker as Smith. statically Roquan smith had a better 2020 season. White rushed the passer on blitzes 3 times more than smith did(roquan smith would of generated better stats if you projected his attempts to match white)... smith COMPLETELY dominated him in terms of coverage stats. still had more TFL and turnovers. PS Darius Leonard has regressed since his rookie season significantly.... while roquan has only gotten better... way better.
White had a very good season and a great post season. In many ways the last impression is the one that sticks in people's minds not the correct one.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
White had a very good season and a great post season. In many ways the last impression is the one that sticks in people's minds not the correct one.
I'm not saying he didn't he is a top 10 linebacker no doubt but he was a 1 trick pony it's very apparent in his stats. I'm all for playing to a players strengths.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I've only been wrong twice in 4 years - this was one of those times. I always admit when I'm wrong.

This is why I have credibility...and many, many others have none.
Only twice?! What a GOD!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
he was replaceable in 2018.

oh shit, you really got me doc
So your intelligence is limited to observation, like grass is green,or water is wet.
Being from LA and moving to South Carolina for college did you do that because U of SoCal rejected you but you wanted to still brag about getting into USC or did you not realize it wasn't the Univ of SoCal until your plane landed in Columbia, South Carolina? Or do you still not know? Hate to break it to you but a Trojan is not a big chicken and the ocean is closer and on your left at the real USC.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
So your intelligence is limited to observation, like grass is green,or water is wet.
Being from LA and moving to South Carolina for college did you do that because U of SoCal rejected you but you wanted to still brag about getting into USC or did you not realize it wasn't the Univ of SoCal until your plane landed in Columbia, South Carolina? Or do you still not know? Hate to break it to you but a Trojan is not a big chicken and the ocean is closer and on your left at the real USC.
if i say yes would it make you feel better?

somebody very clearly is having a rough day. try taking a walk or doing some yoga instead of rage posting on the internet. you would be surprised how much good it could do you.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I was always a fan even when people within the "fuck him, cut him" IGT collective were calling him Noquan and shitting on him for holding out, etc.

anyone who genuinely believed Smith was a blemish on the defense fuck dogs recreationally.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The fuck does any of this have to do with the topic? Have you literally devolved into becoming another one of the many shitheads here?

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
It's been a long time since I remember someone who has a nose for the ball like Roquan - and he's there quick.
I remember some dumb ass last season saying he would take a step back because he was fat...

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's meh... It was a terrible draft pick.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he practically lead all ILB's last year in just about every major statistic?

I believe he was also #1 among all LB'ers last year in defending the pass in terms of either completion % or QB rating (forget which). That's a big deal.

He's the best and most complete ILB in football, in my opinion. #6 feels like a slap in the face, honestly.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Way too many people can't get past draft pick used on them and how they played their rookie season. Its stupid but it is what it is. First impressions last. How many years will Eddie Jackson get a pass? No one wanted to listen when I said his production would drop off a cliff when we lost Adrian Amos. Now that we lost Kyle Fuller the secondary is going to get worked even harder and Eddie will have even more responsibilities.