Roquan Smith trade offer

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Surprised there are no Bronco's trades in there.

Steelers and Commanders aren't doing shit this year, no way they make these deals for a 20+ mil LB
Browns?
At least for the Bronco's it moves the needle in the W-L category.

Lions will give you Big V and LA's 2023 1st.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Surprised there are no Bronco's trades in there.

Steelers and Commanders aren't doing shit this year, no way they make these deals for a 20+ mil LB
Browns?
At least for the Bronco's it moves the needle in the W-L category.
Those were ideas those teams fans came up with.

I actually was thinking the Broncos were a nice fit because they are in an ultra competitive division and are built for win-now mode, but they don't have a lot of draft picks. Here's what their fans have proposed, its not that enthusing.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Those were ideas those teams fans came up with.

I actually was thinking the Broncos were a nice fit because they are in an ultra competitive division and are built for win-now mode, but they don't have a lot of draft picks. Here's what their fans have proposed, its not that enthusing.

ouch

none of those move the needle at all.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Quan is a two time 2nd team All Pro. Payne has never made the Pro Bowl or All Pro teams and never had more than 5 sacks in a season. His scouting report also does not strike me as a classic 3T.

Weaknesses
  • Doesn't come off the snap with much juice and will pop up a little tall
  • Has athletic ability but is more of a phone booth defender than down-the-line tackler
  • Square-up player with average change of direction or ability to get the upper body turn to climb over and around the top
  • Pass rush can come to a grinding halt if his first move is stopped
  • Ability to play on rush downs could be the difference between first and second

He really does not possess the quickness and first step explosiveness you want from a 3T and profiles as more of a NT with some pass rush ability. I certainly would not pass on paying Quan 20m a year to give Payne close to that as I don't think he truly solves our need at 3T.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Quan is a two time 2nd team All Pro. Payne has never made the Pro Bowl or All Pro teams and never had more than 5 sacks in a season. His scouting report also does not strike me as a classic 3T.

Weaknesses
  • Has athletic ability but is more of a phone booth defender than down-the-line tackler
  • Square-up player with average change of direction or ability to get the upper body turn to climb over and around the top
  • Ability to play on rush downs could be the difference between first and second

He really does not possess the quickness and first step explosiveness you want from a 3T and profiles as more of a NT with some pass rush ability. I certainly would not pass on paying Quan 20m a year to give Payne close to that as I don't think he truly solves our need at 3T.
When he first came into the league and we were running the 3-4 that’s what I remember about the guy. I was just going off other posters saying he would be a good fit and didn’t do any research cause allot of this is just fantasy world speculation

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Weaknesses

He isn't what this team is missing. He's not a 3T at all

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why all the potential Steelers trades? You guys realize that the Steelers already have Myles Jack and Devon Bush, right?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
all these offers do look like Roquan negotiated them himself…lol

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
So several other teams Daniel Sigler's are proposing trades for Noshowquan.

Which would be your choice:

A:
View attachment 21717

B:
View attachment 21718

C:
View attachment 21720
D:
View attachment 21721

E:
View attachment 21722
Oh, and this Cleaveland Browns website name is hilarious:
View attachment 21719

Experience has taught us that there is often a gulf between what the sports press is reporting is a trade offer and what is actually on the table.

I'd like to see the Bears work this out with Roquan...This is the first real test for our new GM.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
IMO, the Bears are not trading Roquan this season. He will be playing under his existing contract this year. If he continues to play well in the new defensive scheme, I can see them extending him before years end (being a reasonable contract of which Roquan will not sign). Then the Bears have franchise tag they can use then sign / trade him.

I would love for Roquan to continue as a Bear. If not, leverage the hell out of him and make a trade for at least a top player and/or at least a 1st round pick.
This vision started well and devolved into fantasy resolutions.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I don’t think there’s any way the Bears get a 1st for Roquan, but I’d take it in a heartbeat.

That said, nah, he ain’t going anywhere. There’s no leverage. Bears can just stand pat and keep control of him for the next few years if they really want to.