Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
This season? I think every playoff team, save for a couple of them—NFC South and AFC South winners—have a chance to win it all. Bills just got buttfucked by bad coaching and Zach Wilson—and he only buttfucks milfs!

I think a lot of teams made trades this year because they all figure they have a shot. It’s that wide open.

Solid points but my money is on them signing Roquan or at least signing Lamar and tagging Smith. They aren't going to let him walk. I could be wrong though.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Solid points but my money is on them signing Roquan or at least signing Lamar and tagging Smith. They aren't going to let him walk. I could be wrong though.
Baltimore isn’t the type of organization that squanders their picks like that. The rely heavily on the draft. I can’t see them just saying fuck it let him walk

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Baltimore isn’t the type of organization that squanders their picks like that. The rely heavily on the draft. I can’t see them just saying fuck it let him walk
Wanting to re-sign him and re-signing him are 2 totally different things. Bears wanted to re-sign him and offered him $19M per (allegedly), and he called it an insult.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

They arent squandering a pick. Again it is a swap of a 2nd for a 3rd. They always get a ton of comp picks.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Wanting to re-sign him and re-signing him are 2 totally different things. Bears wanted to re-sign him and offered him $19M per (allegedly), and he called it an insult.
And ravens know that and still traded for him. Maybe they value him more ?‍♂️

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
They arent squandering a pick. Again it is a swap of a 2nd for a 3rd. They always get a ton of comp picks.
We will see and it is a good point but still doesn’t mean they don’t want to keep him.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't think you rent a player for a 2nd round pick. My guess is the deal with Ravens will get done.

As others have pointed out they know how to work the comp system so if he is a rental they’d get a 3rd back if he doesn’t sign with them. So that would defray the cost a bit.

That being said I still think they sign him.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We will see and it is a good point but still doesn’t mean they don’t want to keep him.

Yes they may keep him. Just pointing out they will likely recoup a third if they dont.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
they could have bid on roquan in the offseason for no draft capital, no?

this tells me the Ravens GM is on the delusional side and looking to win this year
Ravens lead their division and just solidified the league's 11th best defense with the league's leading tackler.......or at least he'll be again with 8 more tonight and who 'wins' this year is still very much TBD.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ravens are not contenders to win the superbowl. This trade made them better. They'll need Roquan as they get better. You don't mortgage the future draft capital for a rental player in a year you aren't a legit contender.
So either the Ravens GM is delusional or they planned on Roquan long term.

Of course they are. 3rd in the AFC right (in playoff standings) with a cakewalk schedule coming up.

I wouldn’t call them favorites or anything. But they’re absolutely contenders.

Last edited:

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And ravens know that and still traded for him. Maybe they value him more ?‍♂️
Since everybody else knows what Smith is looking for,I'll assume the Ravens do too and I doubt they want him just for the remaining games. The talk out of Baltimore is,he's the guy who can stabilize their 11th ranked defense for years to come @25. I'm not sure what else he can do on the field,he'll need 8 tackles to regain the league lead tonight,none of the other top 9 tacklers in the league has a single INT,Smith has 2 and has always been great in coverage with his speed.....he also has 2.5 sacks which is more than the other top 10 tacklers too.

He was also a good soldier until he made the God awful decisions to represent himself and to take his frustration public back in August.....an agent never woulda done that. I say frustration because word was, he was offered a deal laden with incentives and bonuses,but once again.......that's what an agent's for.
25yro Fred Warner was extended by SF for 19.7MX5 last summer,coming off a career best 137 combined tackles 1 sack and 0 INT's.....only 3 INT's for his career and 5.5 total career sacks.
27yro Shaquille Leonard was extended by the Colts for 19MX5 the summer before,he's coming off 122 combined tackles, 4 INT's and 0 sacks......15 sacks and 12 INT's for his career.
25yro Smith was coming off 163 combined tackles 3 INT's and a sack last summer......16.5 sacks and 7 INT's for his career. Through 8 games....83tkls 2.5 sacks 2 INT's....possibly career best in all 3 categories. Every bit as good as the other two but no extension in this case and in most cases when it comes to getting market value from the Bears' Org.

But hey.....I'll get to watch him on TV tonight and I'll get to watch the Bears D get run-over the rest of the way just as the offense looks to be PO caliber.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Ravens have 46m in cap space and 40 players signed. Franchise tag for a QB is 45m so they cant tag Jackson and sign Quan.

The LB tag is around 18m so they will struggle to franchise Quan and give Jackson a huge deal while also signing 11 other players.

Is it doable? Yes but it limits what else they can do.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Ravens are not contenders to win the superbowl. This trade made them better. They'll need Roquan as they get better. You don't mortgage the future draft capital for a rental player in a year you aren't a legit contender.
So either the Ravens GM is delusional or they planned on Roquan long term.
I don't agree, the Ravens are as much of a contender as many of the Division leading teams..and they just got better by picking up Roquan.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
The last time the Ravens won a Superbowl, they had a Superstar at the position that Roquan is filling. That team and ownership may just value the position more than others...

Honestly, it is a perfect fit, and Roquan would be smart to negotiate in good faith.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since everybody else knows what Smith is looking for,I'll assume the Ravens do too and I doubt they want him just for the remaining games. The talk out of Baltimore is,he's the guy who can stabilize their 11th ranked defense for years to come @25. I'm not sure what else he can do on the field,he'll need 8 tackles to regain the league lead tonight,none of the other top 9 tacklers in the league has a single INT,Smith has 2 and has always been great in coverage with his speed.....he also has 2.5 sacks which is more than the other top 10 tacklers too.

He was also a good soldier until he made the God awful decisions to represent himself and to take his frustration public back in August.....an agent never woulda done that. I say frustration because word was, he was offered a deal laden with incentives and bonuses,but once again.......that's what an agent's for.
25yro Fred Warner was extended by SF for 19.7MX5 last summer,coming off a career best 137 combined tackles 1 sack and 0 INT's.....only 3 INT's for his career and 5.5 total career sacks.
27yro Shaquille Leonard was extended by the Colts for 19MX5 the summer before,he's coming off 122 combined tackles, 4 INT's and 0 sacks......15 sacks and 12 INT's for his career.
25yro Smith was coming off 163 combined tackles 3 INT's and a sack last summer......16.5 sacks and 7 INT's for his career. Through 8 games....83tkls 2.5 sacks 2 INT's....possibly career best in all 3 categories. Every bit as good as the other two but no extension in this case and in most cases when it comes to getting market value from the Bears' Org.

But hey.....I'll get to watch him on TV tonight and I'll get to watch the Bears D get run-over the rest of the way just as the offense looks to be PO caliber.
the bears defense through 9 games is giving up 147 ypg. on the ground, If he was here or not, they are still getting trucked because the defensive line is terrible.

Huxster

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't think they can, they have to pay Lamar and the Bears took $4M of his salary to fit him under the Ravens cap as is

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
the bears defense through 9 games is giving up 147 ypg. on the ground, If he was here or not, they are still getting trucked because the defensive line is terrible.
Bears' D hadn't given up 30 until the dis-spirited effort in Dallas following the mid-week loss of Quinn and holding Ol' Bill to 14 points at home the week before.
Held the Niners to 10,the Texans to 20,the Giants to 20 in a road loss and Washington to 12....in another loss! Miami woulda had 50+ if they didn't take their foot off the gas at the end of the half and if one of the best QB's in the game doesn't miss two wide open guys yesterday.

The team will allow 40+ the rest of the way just as the offense looks PO capable.........the faithful might get restless but then again,there is a waiting list for those seat licenses so there's always that.

Why not keep captain Quinn for stability if they knew they were moving Smith(and they knew)his money comes off one way or another next year.
Was eating 7.1 of his remaining 7.8M to get a 4th next year worth gutting a young,effective defense this year?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I don't agree, the Ravens are as much of a contender as many of the Division leading teams..and they just got better by picking up Roquan.

And their GM is delusional if he thinks they are winning this season. The Chiefs, Bills, Jets, Dolphins, Titans, Chargers and possibly the Bengals all stand in their way. They are a good team and Roquan should make them better but they aren't winning a title this season. So my point and opinion is that the Ravens made the move for the long term and not as some "rental" This isn't baseball and Roquan is not the piece that takes them over the top this season.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And their GM is delusional if he thinks they are winning this season. The Chiefs, Bills, Jets, Dolphins, Titans, Chargers and possibly the Bengals all stand in their way. They are a good team and Roquan should make them better but they aren't winning a title this season. So my point and opinion is that the Ravens made the move for the long term and not as some "rental" This isn't baseball and Roquan is not the piece that takes them over the top this season.
Yes just like the Bengals were delusional to think they were SB contenders after they lost to the Bears early last year.